Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo I think many folks are desperate to believe that we would recognize someone who had done murder, that somehow they would stand out, look different from us. They don’t. This is partly why so many murders remain unsolved. Also why many serial killers have the freedom to carry on as long as they do.

People rape, kill etc every day, and carry on with their lives. Students you see daily on your campuses have gotton away with rape, no doubt. People in my apt complex probably includes thieves, and who knows what else.

Exactly. We don't know what the Fitbit did at 8:28PM, but even if it stopped transmitting a heartbeat, it doesn't mean that she was deceased. As you say, it could be that the Fitbit was removed or damages at that location, and it was the cellphone that pinged 10 miles SE of Brooklyn.
Do We know if Rivera gave LE a specific time when he " began jogging with her," or that he said anything to corroborate the time line from the fit bit?

I’m not a Fitbit user so I’m just curious - What happens to heart rate readings when it’s removed from the arm of the wearer?

Aside from the obvious - if the Fitbit was found with the body, then LE would know the data was reliable.

These are photos of my Fitbit app the info that goes to cloud storage. One photo shows the app with the Fitbit on my arm @ 66 bpm. The next photo shows the app with the Fitbit off my arm.

Attachments

• 0030EE9D-7D7C-497D-B790-6BD65F901788.png
    0030EE9D-7D7C-497D-B790-6BD65F901788.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 64CAE25A-E522-4839-9BDB-4DCAA45A68B7.png
    64CAE25A-E522-4839-9BDB-4DCAA45A68B7.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 76
Legal Eagles I need your help please. According to the Affidavit of Probably Cause it states the crime of Murder in the 1st degree and the date and time of incident to be July 18 between 19:45 and 20:28.

Does this mean that the murder occurred at that time? No guessing please. Thank you!

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/082118+DCI+Arrest.pdf

It means LE has probable cause to believe the crime of murder in the 1st degree happened during that time period based on the evidence LE currently has. It is not an absolute statement - their views can change after reviewing additional evidence. But they believed it enough to swear that they have reason to believe it to a Judge under penalty of perjury.

Alethea is the legal expert and this is her answer, which is good enough for me.

If her cell phone were taken from her and turned off, the fit bit would have stopped transmitting too. Right?
If the cell phone was left on and still in the car, how long and how many, feet , about, would the fit bit have to be before it stops transmitting? Would it stop abruptly or gradually?

The video was at a house near Boundary and Middle St. The location of the incident is 1.2 miles away at 1900 385 Ave., so 8:28 does not correspond to CCTV.

I agree w you Otto, the 8:28 is so specific, LE is confident about that time, almost had to have been from a Fitbit reading. Otherwise the affidavit would have been more general, I e 8:30, 8:45, etc.

I do find it interesting though that most of Mollie’s run was in more residential areas, except for that last stretch of 385th? I thought that was part of 385th that was on SharonNeedles’ videos and was gravel and pretty desolate, unless I’m thinking of that area wrong and someone can correct me?

Alethea is the legal expert and this is her answer, which is good enough for me.
That's the one I tried to answer when I thought you were referring to us,all as legal eagles! I was looking for this answer too!

If the cell phone was left on and still in the car, how long and how many, feet , about, would the fit bit have to be before it stops transmitting? Would it stop abruptly or gradually?

Thank you! That was my next question. If he had it in the front seat with him and she is in the trunk, would the fit bit and phone still connect?

She went jogging at 7:30. It's also possible that 7:45 is the time that the car was circling the block. Mollie's run was 45 minutes and she was close to her mom's house when she was abducted. It's possible that he abducted her at Boundary and Middle St. shortly after 8PM, and that at 8:28PM something significant happened at 1900 385 Ave.

I have yet to see any qualified source state that she went jogging at "7:30". Not one.
Not one source has stated her jog was 45 minutes. Not one.
Not one has stated that she was close to her moms house when she was abducted. Not one.

I believe if one were to study this map in greater detail. there were specific reasons LE chose these specific locations.
I as well believe, there was a specific reason that LE chose not to have 2 of the links active when people clicked on them. This map was intentionally prepped this way.

I know when I am working outside sometimes I remember to put my phone on the porch sometimes I dont. I know for a fact I’ve been 75 feet away from my phone and further. But I’ve never tested its limits.

From 1900 E 385th to the where she was left, via V21 south, east on 470th (pig farm), and north on 21 one mile to 460th and the cornfield (assuming he drove straight based on the 430th and V21 red dot and LE saying last ping was at pig farm), the estimated drive time was around 33 minutes. Granted, CR, having proved himself a non-law-abiding citizen, likely drove faster. In any case, that leaves about 10 -15 minutes non-driving time from the 7:45pm lower limit given to the 8:28pm upper limit given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow