IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the OP,or you, supplies links that state's it's not possible it's only the posters opinion.

Sorry, but that's the way it works here.

Until I hear otherwise I still think that semen containing the defendants DNA could possibly be recovered. JMO
Sorry, I was referring to condition of the body and the science involved, that's why I said that. So obviously that part is fact. I didn't even see the part that said no DNA could be recovered. Of course there is a chance it may be recovered. It doesn't necessarily have to be from the body, either. There is always the chance, however remote. If you are looking for a source that backs up the condition of the body having no tissue or organs, fingernails etc. , There are some very detailed articles in the last 2 threads. I think the general point that may have been it is near impossible to obtain from the actual body, itself, as there is not much they have to work with. Someone mentioned finding it in maggots that have fed off the body ( I'm sure they collected some) so even that may be a possibility . We hope! If you do know any other way, I for one would be very interested to hear it. I know that DNA analysis has become very sophisticated.

I seriously doubt it, and I think I know you well enough here to know that it is the farthest thing from your mind, but I fear trying to think of things she could have done to avoid the outcome we have today, almost tiptoes to the edge of assigning her some of the blame for her demise...JMO
I think the only way she could have prevented this would have been to stay at home and simply not live her life, which is not an option. In my mind, CR is no different than a terrorist. If we allow those kinds of people to dictate where we go and what we do, then they have the power and control. They win. We can't let those people win. We fight them best by being resilient. Yes, we can take precautions, but we still need to live our lives. We can't do that locked up in our homes. We do that the way the Tibbetts' family is doing it, by getting married and winning football games.

I think the only way she could have prevented this would have been to stay at home and simply not live her life, which is not an option. In my mind, CR is no different than a terrorist. If we allow those kinds of people to dictate where we go and what we do, then they have the power and control. They win. We can't let those people win. We fight them best by being resilient. Yes, we can take precautions, but we still need to live our lives. We can't do that locked up in our homes. We do that the way the Tibbetts' family is doing it, by getting married and winning football games.
GO JACLIN!!!!!

Exactly. You take precautions, but you don’t need to live in fear.

On the whole, these cases are (fortunately) rare. You do what you have to do to keep yourself safe, but you can’t envision and protect yourself from every possible scenario.

You are far more likely to die in a car crash than a plane crash. You are far more likely to die from natural causes than be murdered. You are far more likely to survive your jog than meet a violent end.

You generally can’t eliminate fear in regard to certain things, but you can manage it by keeping the facts in perspective.

Attachments

LE could get lucky and have some on her clothes or hair possibly?
and we also don't know if it appeared her pants were up to her waist or hip bones or down around her ankles. if still up by her hip bones, then he probably didn't SA her, but if down around her ankles, then well I'd say he did.

Thank you, that does help. But I would think if they had an interpreter present, that it would be word for word. I sure hope they had one.
LE said "He blocked it out" , at least that is what I remember. So if they are repeating what Rivera said to them, it would sound like " blackted out", with the " ah" sound if they were quoting what Rivera said. However, if they are quoting exactly what the interpretator said to them, then my whole interpretation goes out the window, and we will go back to speculating the difference between the two phrases. But, I also think that the meanings for the two are so similar that they would have interpreted it the same way. At least for the trial there is an interpreter, so we dont have to worry about it.

On the whole, these cases are (fortunately) rare. You do what you have to do to keep yourself safe, but you can’t envision and protect yourself from every possible scenario.

You are far more likely to die in a car crash than a plane crash. You are far more likely to die from natural causes than be murdered. You are far more likely to survive your jog than meet a violent end.

You generally can’t eliminate fear in regard to certain things, but you can manage it by keeping the facts in perspective.
For women, this murder is a sobering reminder that we can be overpowered, attacked and killed if a man decides it (any man). When someone as strong, confident and vibrant as Mollie is taken, it's shocking. It highlights just how vulnerable we are if someone has the will to do harm. We can't live in fear, I agree.

LE said "He blocked it out" , at least that is what I remember. So if they are repeating what Rivera said to them, it would sound like " blackted out", with the " ah" sound if they were quoting what Rivera said. However, if they are quoting exactly what the interpretator said to them, then my whole interpretation goes out the window, and we will go back to speculating the difference between the two phrases. But, I also think that the meanings for the two are so similar that they would have interpreted it the same way. At least for the trial there is an interpreter, so we dont have to worry about it.
That’s always been my sense. Although I believe his claim is complete BS, I think that “block out” and “blackout” mean the same thing, a period of time that is essentially a “black hole.”

Snatching a phone in San Francisco from a stranger in order to sell it is a far cry from snatching a phone in a town of 1500 people. She probably knew who he was and at minimum, saw the car.

I'm going to go with there was as much of a possibility he stalked her to take her phone as there was he went after her to ask her what time it was.

I always imagine what it must be like to live in a 3rd world country where citizens have no choice but to live in fear, cultures where poverty, corruption and atrocities rule as opposed to law.

In the US (and Canada) we should have absolutely no reason to be ruled by fear as we have the freedom and liberty to make wise choices. The only thing that creates fear is thoughts we allow to fester in our own minds.

Sorry, I was referring to condition of the body and the science involved, that's why I said that. So obviously that part is fact. I didn't even see the part that said no DNA could be recovered. Of course there is a chance it may be recovered. It doesn't necessarily have to be from the body, either. There is always the chance, however remote. If you are looking for a source that backs up the condition of the body having no tissue or organs, fingernails etc. , There are some very detailed articles in the last 2 threads. I think the general point that may have been it is near impossible to obtain from the actual body, itself, as there is not much they have to work with. Someone mentioned finding it in maggots that have fed off the body ( I'm sure they collected some) so even that may be a possibility . We hope! If you do know any other way, I for one would be very interested to hear it. I know that DNA analysis has become very sophisticated.
We don't know the condition of the body and if semen was recovered they would obviously do a DNA analysis on it.

We don't know yet what LE has found. JMO

Came across this article that mentions Mollie and statistics of solo women joggers. Thought I would share...

Mollie Tibbetts' murder highlights statics for female runners and harassment
When are more people going to be outraged about this? When are more men going to stand up against this behavior?

I bought new running shoes today ( I walk in my neighborhood with my dog)...and next to the female section of shoes there was a pepper spray display. Well I bought some. I was glad it was there...and sad that it was there. At least someone thought of it...and they sure knew where to put it in the store.

When I was 21 I used to ride my bike 11 miles...5.5 out on a bike path and 5.5 back. I could move at a pretty fast pace. Then one day some weirdo dude followed me and would not go away...so i rode as fast as I could to the police station. He followed me the whole way til he realized it was a police station.

A police officer put my bike in a police car and drove me home. He said I probably should not ride by myself even though it was broad daylight in a busy area. I told him that was so wrong and such BS..he agreed. I never rode my bike again on that bike path...or anywhere.

I don't think it's that rare...maybe for you if you are a guy. Otherwise it is not that rare. Female by themselves must be constantly aware...just doing everyday things.

We don't know the condition of the body and if semen was recovered they would obviously do a DNA analysis on it.

We don't know yet what LE has found. JMO
You’re right, we don’t know what they have found. The issue is the condition of the body, and DNA evidence, after a month of exposure to the elements. The attitude here is one of skeptical optimism. We question if DNA will be found, but hope that it is.

When are more people going to be outraged about this? When are more men going to stand up against this behavior?

I bought new running shoes today ( I walk in my neighborhood with my dog)...and next to the female section of shoes there was a pepper spray display. Well I bought some. I was glad it was there...and sad that it was there. At least someone thought of it...and they sure knew where to put it in the store.

When I was 21 I used to ride my bike 11 miles...5.5 out on a bike path and 5.5 back. I could move at a pretty fast pace. Then one day some weirdo dude followed me and would not go away...so i rode as fast as I could to the police station. He followed me the whole way til he realized it was a police station.

A police officer put my bike in a police car and drove me home. He said I probably should not ride by myself even though it was broad daylight in a busy area. I told him that was so wrong and such BS..he agreed. I never rode my bike again on that bike path...or anywhere.
It's not just women who are victim's of assault while riding their bikes.

I have two male friends who have been attacked while riding their bikes on the American River Bike Trail in Sacramento.

One suffered contusions and a black eye when struck in the face. He recovered from his injuries.

The other suffered traumatic brain injury and is on permanent disability.

I was just thinking of years ago, about the topic of lone females hitchhiking. How eventually, after numerous cases of predators who murdered and raped or victims not ever found, hitchhiking became recognized as an extremely unsafe practise.

Now it seems a similar type of risk is focused on lone female joggers.
I don't think jogging is as risky as hitchhiking, but of course there are ways to be safer when you jog. It can be safer to jog with someone else, but some of us have lazy friends. I jog in public areas so that there are always people around. Having witnesses can make all the difference. Then, of course, there are really crazy people that don't care about witnesses. In that case, it doesn't matter if someone else is with you or what you are doing.

Can someone explain rationale that has been posted (probably countless times... apologies but have missed this weekend threads) for scenario of 1) abduction at Mission/ Boundary, 2) CR then drives East, 3) assaults on 385 near 200, puts body in trunk, 4) then drives 10+ miles to cornfield. I just don’t get the intermediate stop at 385 & 200, presumed assault, & the added risk of being spotted outside vehicle twice. Can someone weigh in with logic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu