IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked up the stretch of 1900 block of 385th Avenue, I see know that it’s more desolate than the route one of the news casts presented.
I have been off this thread for a few days and am trying to get caught back up. Is it possible for someone to point me to a recent map that shows her route that evening and the points LE believe the abduction occurred, the pig farm and the location of the body?

Boundary looks paved the whole way from Green to Spring Street to me, but just another type of pavement or maybe paved at different times to change the “patina”..lol
I did hear him say it took place outside the town of Brooklyn, in rural county. Is Boundary the boundary for city limits?

What Advantage Is There to Waiving a Preliminary Hearing?

It is good to have a healthy appreciation for the risk that testimony and new evidence will also be introduced at the preliminary hearing. After all, if the evidence in support of the complaint, in a felony case, is less than all the evidence, it is likely that more evidence may be introduced at the preliminary hearing. This would then allow the prosecutor to add more charges, increasing the maximum prison or jail time a defendant faces. This can be a big risk.

Consequently, an astute criminal defense attorney should always consider waiving a preliminary hearing to “lock in” minimal charges or prevent increased, amended charges, when it is known there are possibly more charges possible.

What Advantage Is There to Waiving a Preliminary Hearing? :: Los Angeles, County Crime Lawyer Greg Hill & Associates

PC usually stands for Politically Correct

But it's also frequently been used in this forum as an abbreviation for press conference, which could lead to some confusion.

Adding, yesterday I went to the funeral of a friend's father at a Presbyterian church. At the dinner following the service I noticed that the plates had a "PC" monogram along the rim. I meant to ask somebody if they were custom ordered that way or if they picked them up at Perry Como's estate sale.

So PC could be a lot of things, you just have to look for the context.

Last edited:
I would love to have fake accounts but I am horrible at creating user names, then when I come up with something clever it’s taken so I usually just give up and use my real name since I seem to be able to remember that.
I am so naive when it comes to creating any fake accounts. Years ago I remember on sites like this some posters would have multiple user names when they were just supposedly one person. I would be like...What???? Why would anyone do that. Lol I truly couldn't understand the motive for creating anything fake..much less creating multiple fake identities. I still don't understand it. Now people say they have fake Facebook pages. There again I am still stumped on why they do.

As far as myself I have never had multiple monikers at the same time. I do have only 1 Fb page but its legit. Whatever I may post on sites like this one or on my Facebook page are one in the same so I have never had any reason to disguise myself or makeup multiple FB pages or multiple monikers. But that is just me. It would feel weird to me and make me feel i was being deceptive somehow and that's not who I am. Jmo though.

I thought so, too, but right at the intersection it looked like tire track lines as you see in gravel. I re-watched the PC where he talks about it, but I may have missed his mention of gravel again. I didn't hear it. :( But I did hear him say it took place outside the town of Brooklyn, in rural county. Is Boundary the boundary for city limits?
I can only assume that it is the boundary line for the city. I’ll go look for an actual city map, not that it really matters for our discussion on distances and whatnot.

Just a few random thoughts about this whole tragic case...

I know that LE has stated there is no known connection between Mollie and her alleged killer. I feel like in a town the size of Brooklyn, them being that close in age, and his connection to IM, who Mollie clearly knew, surely they had at least seen each other before, and perhaps knew each other by face, if not by name. I am willing to bet that Mollie knew of him as IM's baby-daddy, if nothing else. He has been living there for at least 4 years, and apparently has been with IM, at least off and on, for probably that long.

Several people have stated that the Chevy being towed away appears to have been cleaned and possibly even detailed in the 5 weeks since Mollie's disappearance. Indeed, it does look like it has been, but I am sure that if Mollie was in the trunk, as CR claims, and I think we all feel certain that she was, no cleaning will have erased every trace of her. LE will take the trunk liner out completely if they have to, looking for evidence of her being in there, and they will get that evidence, imo.

WC has kinda become the Richard Jewell of this case. He was shown on national tv, on Inside Edition, for one, and reporters hounded him for
interviews, only because Mollie's phone (or Fit Bit) allegedly pinged near his farm, and LE took an early interest in him. Even here, many were far too ready to paint him as her killer, though all we knew about him was he really doesn't have a history of treating some females well. I am not defending him in any way, but with all of his failings, I hope his 15 minutes of unwanted fame or more accurately, infamy, can be put behind him and hopefully he will turn his life around.

Everyone should be entitled to feel safe in their homes and neighborhoods, and most of us do. But as much as we don't want to admit it, none of us are ever completely safe, especially when we are outside our homes, and alone. Young people tend to feel immortal, (it was more than a few years ago, but I still remember that I did), and sometimes they let their guards down, because they don't think anything bad can or will happen. And I am not saying live in fear. We can't, and most of us wouldn't anyway. But we need to never assume that everyone else out there is a good person, just because we are. There are bad people, and sometimes they look just like you and me. Stay alert, stay aware, and stay alive. JMO

I have been off this thread for a few days and am trying to get caught back up. Is it possible for someone to point me to a recent map that shows her route that evening and the points LE believe the abduction occurred, the pig farm and the location of the body?

Hopefully Otto can map it out for us on a satellite image?

:)

If it helps, from MT's SM, she may have been training for a half-marathon. Also, she was supposed to go to the Dominican Republic 2 weeks later, and may have been putting in some extra miles to look trim for the wedding and the beach. From what I recall of her high school track times, posted way up threads, an 8 minute mile was appropriate for her.

I think that LE has a very good reason to cite 1900 385th Ave as the location of the Homicide, before or by 20:28. The pig farm in question is deserted, and could be an excellent secondary crime scene, with the cornfield as a disposal site.
Wow - how did I miss the location of the homicide! Can you provide the link so I can be in the know. I was under the impression that 1900 385th was the approx area where video footage collected, showing CR car making multiple pass by. TIA

Marshalltown Lawyer - Fort Dodge Lawyer | Attorneys at Johnson, Bonzer and Barnaby PLC

Ms Frese firm. She's Jennifer Bonzer. It appears she's recently married to Mr Frese.
I noticed that Jennifer Bonzer looks remarkably like the female sitting a couple of rows back on the right behind LE at the bond hearing. I did a side by side picture but not sure I can post it on WS. Review the video of hearing and compare to her picture on firms website. If this is the same person it is interesting that she was present
Hmmm?

Just a few random thoughts about this whole tragic case...

I know that LE has stated there is no known connection between Mollie and her alleged killer. I feel like in a town the size of Brooklyn, them being that close in age, and his connection to IM, who Mollie clearly knew, surely they had at least seen each other before, and perhaps knew each other by face, if not by name. I am willing to bet that Mollie knew of him as IM's baby-daddy, if nothing else. He has been living there for at least 4 years, and apparently has been with IM, at least off and on, for probably that long.

Several people have stated that the Chevy being towed away appears to have been cleaned and possibly even detailed in the 5 weeks since Mollie's disappearance. Indeed, it does look like it has been, but I am sure that if Mollie was in the trunk, as CR claims, and I think we all feel certain that she was, no cleaning will have erased every trace of her. LE will take the trunk liner out completely if they have to, looking for evidence of her being in there, and they will get that evidence, imo.

WC has kinda become the Richard Jewell of this case. He was shown on national tv, on Inside Edition, for one, and reporters hounded him for
interviews, only because Mollie's phone (or Fit Bit) allegedly pinged near his farm, and LE took an early interest in him. Even here, many were far too ready to paint him as her killer, though all we knew about him was he really doesn't have a history of treating some females well. I am not defending him in any way, but with all of his failings, I hope his 15 minutes of unwanted fame or more accurately, infamy, can be put behind him and hopefully he will turn his life around.

Everyone should be entitled to feel safe in their homes and neighborhoods, and most of us do. But as much as we don't want to admit it, none of us are ever completely safe, especially when we are outside our homes, and alone. Young people tend to feel immortal, (it was more than a few years ago, but I still remember that I did), and sometimes they let their guards down, because they don't think anything bad can or will happen. And I am not saying live in fear. We can't, and most of us wouldn't anyway. But we need to never assume that everyone else out there is a good person, just because we are. There are bad people, and sometimes they look just like you and me. Stay alert, stay aware, and stay alive. JMO
IMHO I think it would be very difficult to completely remove all trace evidence from the trunk, especially trace blood evidence that can be seen only with use of CSI techniques. Ever try and totally clean a liquid spill in your trunk lol? I have and really hard! He could not get it professionally done for obvious reasons so i think there will be trace evidence found. here's hoping! MOO

I'm laying my bet on a civil rights group too.

This is a high profile case that will bring this legal team more publicity than they could ever buy. It will give them professional prestige and bragging rights, no matter the verdict (though how they get there will matter). Up thread, it was pointed out that there was a large, resident Latino population in their home base area. This one case will provide them with a lifetime of Latino clients, and likely farm produce. As a husband/wife team, they can better afford to take this case on as a reduced fee or even pro bono case. Taking this case is simply good business, money is green, and practice building is hard.

"Early to bed, early to rise, work like hell and advertise." B.J. Palmer, Davenport, IA

I still think that you, and others, are seriously underestimating the amount of available money and wealth in the Latino community, and that the family may well be paying to bring this legal team on board. But I will not argue that there are Human/Civil/Immigrant Rights groups that could come forward with deep pockets money as the case progresses. And that's not even considering Hollywood money... Hey, it's a free and capitalistic country, and there might even be a profit motive in paying the family, to provide for CR's defense.

"Most likely, a competent defense attorney would recommend waiving the preliminary hearing only if the evidence against the defendant was substantial or overwhelming, and waiving the hearing would benefit the defendant in a significant way. For example, if the case is a high profile matter involving a great deal of publicity, an attorney might recommend waiving preliminary hearing in order to limit the release of information and evidence to the public."

Preliminary Criminal Hearing: Process and Procedures

I noticed that Jennifer Bonzer looks remarkably like the female sitting a couple of rows back on the right behind LE at the bond hearing. I did a side by side picture but not sure I can post it on WS. Review the video of hearing and compare to her picture on firms website. If this is the same person it is interesting that she was present
Hmmm?[/QUOTE

I don't think so. JB appears older than girl in galley. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members