IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we agree the CCTV of the black vehicle was not captured driving directly alongside Mollie as she was running?

Because I think what this is saying, for example, on CCTV Mollie was running down a road, then 4 minutes later a black Malibu is spotted heading the same direction so obviously the vehicle will soon reach her as she runs.

It's the other way around. The vehicle was seen circling in the area, then along came Mollie.

Paragraph 1: This is what happens when you think with your little head, and not the other. A common occurrence in men.

Paragraph 2: Yes, I believe that they really wanted to believe that MT would come back to them alive. It gave them the strength to get through this ordeal. Also, this is the first 2 stages of the grieving process, denial and bargaining. Misdirection may have been intentional on the part of LE, but not the family and certainly not RT.
And remember also the grieving process does not have to go in order. One can go back and forth and may never even reach the final stage of acceptance.

Never said he thinks kindly of him. Just that he wants a fair trial.

Also, not a confessed killer. Though, obviously one could make reasonable assumptions that he committed murder.
Lets see, he said he stalked her, confronted her, blanked out, found her dead in his trunk, hid the body. Sorry, that's a confession to murder. I hope the DNA evidence taken from him will solve more crimes.

To Jealoushe, I can't figure out how to forward a news video. So I took a snap. You will have to

---------------------------
To Jealoushe,
I can't figure out how to forward a video. The News outlet is Inside Edition.
I found it on face book under Inside addition.
Viedo was released Aug 25, 2018. It is 2.47 minutes.
I scrolled down to Aug 25 then kept looking till I found the Video.
Title: A Tragic ending in the search for Mollie Roberts.
It says LE passed the pic of car around to LE. One said he had stopped the car for a citation or traffic violation.
Thanks! clarified what I heard about him being pulled over. Was a previous situation. sorry I misstated.

CCTV cameras haven't shown to reduce crime. The end of the CCTV era?
They're not usually "in your face" so people don't even think about them. Even if they do see a camera, it's not like the camera has a gun so the camera can't prevent the crime. If they rob a store they're already taking their chances against a clerk who can get a good look at him, better than a camera.

if they are robbing a store I think you are right. is assumed every store has them. and again I agree the cctv cant stop the act unless it is being live real time viewed. I think in a home setting is different. I think a home with cctv is a less target than one without. I also think that in a look back way they are very valuable. apparently cctv went a long way to helping locate the person in this case.

I don't know how to multiple quote but in reference to an above reply by other poster about me saying Mexican, I understand it takes all kinds, I said from what I had seen, not be all end all Mexicans period and only Mexicans. I could care less what a persons nationality is. simply stated in my seeing. if it is a purple person with green polka dots I see then that is what I am going to call them.

I also think very few have a good idea of what cctv can even do in 2018. apparently some seem to think they still use vhs tapes and are grainy at best. none are perfect. some are in HD. the results are only as good as the equipment and the best will never cover 100 percent.

Lets see, he said he stalked her, confronted her, blanked out, found her dead in his trunk, hid the body. Sorry, that's a confession to murder. I hope the DNA evidence taken from him will solve more crimes.

lol right? What else could he possibly have been admitting to by saying these things other than "I killed her". It's a confession, in which he was too much of a baby to actual face.

BBM

Remember when the guy said he saw her running past his house at 8:30?

Biz—in an. Earlier post you said it didn’t matter about lies/identities.

I respectfully disagree.

If he lied about his name it reflects a pattern of deceit. That s in addition to;

1. Misrepresenting himself to his employer in violation of state and federal law,

1.a submitting false information to obtain a drivers license or state identification card;

2. Insurance fraud for misrepresentation of his auto insurance,

3. Misrepresentation/false use if a social security number,

3.a possession and application of stolen, fraudulent documents in order to knowingly further perpetuate a fraud upon the United States Government;

4. False filing of an identity other than your own for Internal Revenue Service,

5. Misrepresentation if he applied for any federal benefit including health insurance, unemployment, utility assistance

And each goes to a pattern of misrepresentation and deceit. That first consider any banking law he may have violated.

The feds will have a shot at him after Iowa is finished.

In rural Iowa, I was surprised someone would have cctv at their residence.

Welcome to the 21st Century and the wonders of Amazon! Also, you haven't seen the armory and survivalist bunker in the basement. The things I've seen...

Prior to the advent of 3-D printing of guns and milling of AR-15 receiver blanks, the BATF were always concerned about farms with machine shops as the source of ghost and modified machine guns. LOTSA farms in Iowa. LOTSA machine shops in home basements. Also, an infamous underground machine shop in Davenport, a half city block long...

When I lived in Davenport, IA an ex-LE classmate said he could hook me up with a guy who worked on Rock Island, at the Federal arsenal, who was turning out "aftermarket" AR-15/M-16's (if you know what I mean) from his home.

Oh, and Meth-heads, let's not forget their paranoid souls and their security cams for Meth labs (usually in the middle of rural nowhere because of the stink). Or that the fact that rural Iowa is in the midst of a Meth crises, and Meth heads will steal anything from anybody. Also, they do cute tricks like stealing a bucket of anhydrous ammonia from a farm tank, and leave the spigot open. I was late for work one morning, because the state police had to close the highway because of the low laying ammonia cloud over it.

You never know what goes on behind closed doors in Iowa, and there may be a lot more security cams than anyone realizes!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they have footage of the car circling and of Mollie running by, but I'm not convinced that they saw all of Mollie because of the distance of camera from the road, and the bad angle of the camera. That's a bit garbled, but they do know that Mollie ran by the CCTV camera after the suspect was circling the area.
I think they said they saw someone running that they believe was Mollie and then a car following shortly after. They may have been able tell from her running shoes and clothes she was wearing.

Welcome to the 21st Century and the wonders of Amazon! Also, you haven't seen the armory and survivalist bunker in the basement. The things I've seen...

Prior to the advent of 3-D printing of guns and milling of AR-15 receiver blanks, the BATF were always concerned about farms with machine shops as the source of ghost and modified machine guns. LOTSA farms in Iowa.

When I lived in Davenport, IA an ex-LE classmate said he could hook me up with a guy who worked on Rock Island, at the Federal arsenal, who was turning out "aftermarket" AR-15/M-16's (if you know what I mean)...

You never know what goes on behind closed doors in Iowa, and there may be a lot more security cams than anyone realizes!

no one knows what goes on behind closed doors anywhere and there is a lot going on in many places I think..moo

It's the other way around. The vehicle was seen circling in the area, then along came Mollie.
I just listened to the press conference again, and I'm not sure it's made clear what came first. He really only stated that both the Malibu's pattern and route, and Mollie jogging had both been seen on the tape. Is there a more updated source?

Sorry, best I could find...
Police: Illegal immigrant charged in Mollie Tibbetts' death

That's close to a confession.
The accused admitted to following Mollie and burying and concealing her body in the cornfield. Defense counsels will have their work cut out for them. IMHO, they will begin by arguing that the defendant was not apprised of (or did not understand his rights to 1) remain silent and 2) have an attorney present during questioning. I predict that the court will rule in favor of the prosecution on this point. Next, they will present an argument that he didn’t actually murder the victim – because he claimed to have “blacked/blocked out” that part of the crime. I hope the prosecution has recovered the murder weapon and/or the accused’s DNA. The state will need to be on its toes as well. It doesn’t appear as though the accused intends to enter a guilty plea, IMHO; otherwise, he would have allowed a public defender to represent him. There will be numerous delays and the trial will actually start in 2 years or so. I also predict a guilty verdict. We've all seen the odd not guilty cases, but this won't be one of them. MOO

PLEASE, IT is not just Mexicans who are involved in these kinds of highjinks. 60+ years ago, as a young man, a friend of a friend robbed a liquor store using his family's produce truck (with the family name and phone number painted on both doors). For the rest of his life, he swore that somebody must have ratted him out, as there was No way the police could have known where to come and arrest him at his Dad's business.

Though not Mexican, he came from an immigrant neighbourhood in the Vieux Carre of New Orleans and worked on the edge of "Organized Crime" most of his adult life.

I have seen many folks, of many diverse races, pull the kind of stunts you describe, most recently on my local news. It takes all kinds baby.

I agree. I know people from every race who have committed crime. I helped put a few in prison.

This case simply has a unique aspect that CR was in the country working undocumented.

It’s sad that we have to consider it but honestly it is just a contributing factor. Just a fact written on paper. No more weight than Chris Watts cheating in his wife or working for Anadarko.

The worst part of it is the fact that he killed and may have assaukted a young positive loving woman.

Mollie did nothing to lose perhaps 60 years to marry, have a child or 4, and to become anything she dreamed. It’s part of the American Dream each of us had when we were young.

Mollie may represent a daughter,granddaughter, niece or a friend. But to many of us she is the very best and brightest of a future each of us hopes for everyone.

CR took that all away and he needs to be punished for it. And there are to many Mollies out there with lives cut short for dark reasons most of us can’t understand.

Last edited:
No. She was indeed captured on video jogging with the Malibu following. Does anyone have the link to the PC readily available?

Edit: After reviewing the PC, and maybe there is update info since then, all that is clear is that both the Malibu's routes and Mollie jogging were capture on video (it's not specified the car was seen following MT).
I don't but I know I just read exactly what you described early this morning.

That's close to a confession.
The accused admitted to following Mollie and burying and concealing her body in the cornfield. Defense counsels will have their work cut out for them. IMHO, they will begin by arguing that the defendant was not apprised of (or did not understand his rights to 1) remain silent and 2) have an attorney present during questioning. I predict that the court will rule in favor of the prosecution on this point. Next, they will present an argument that he didn’t actually murder the victim – because he claimed to have “blacked/blocked out” that part of the crime. I hope the prosecution has recovered the murder weapon and/or the accused’s DNA. The state will need to be on its toes as well. It doesn’t appear as though the accused intends to enter a guilty plea, IMHO; otherwise, he would have allowed a public defender to represent him. There will be numerous delays and the trial will actually start in 2 years or so. I also predict a guilty verdict. We've all seen the odd not guilty cases, but this won't be one of them. MOO

That is assuming, they did not have a translator present when he was brought in. He went voluntarily remember. With the FBI involved, I highly doubt they didn't go through the proper protocol.

Are there any legal folks out there who can explain the basis for the charge of "first degree murder"? From my amateur sleuthing and addiction to TV murder mysteries, I thought this charge indicated premeditation and planning. It seems like this was a situation that started out with CR trying to flirt, and getting rebuffed, and then getting enraged. There's so much we don't know at this point, and maybe we never will, but I was just wondering if any LE types out there might be able to shed some light on the charge of first degree murder? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste