IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from what I have seen myself many, likely not all, but many Mexicans do not understand cctv. I have seen where the camera is 20 ft up and they hit the ground and crawl under it and then stand back up like it cant see them any more or walk right up to it and spray paint it like they think that somehow stopped it from seeing them before the paint or put a bag over it like that erases what it has already captured. might be this man completely understood them, might be he didn't have a clue too. I think it may be part of the culture difference. so driving around I doubt he gave much thought to a camera and I doubt he gave much thought about one after. moo

PLEASE, IT is not just Mexicans who are involved in these kinds of highjinks. 60+ years ago, as a young man, a friend of a friend robbed a liquor store using his family's produce truck (with the family name and phone number painted on both doors). For the rest of his life, he swore that somebody must have ratted him out, as there was No way the police could have known where to come and arrest him at his Dad's business.

Though not Mexican, he came from an immigrant neighbourhood in the Vieux Carre of New Orleans and worked on the edge of "Organized Crime" most of his adult life.

I have seen many folks, of many diverse races, pull the kind of stunts you describe, most recently on my local news. It takes all kinds baby.

Posts that are opinion should have IMO or MOO to make them clear.

Facts are - he led police to her body after stuffing her in the trunk and dragging her into a cornfield to rot.

My sleuthing skills lead me to believe that is a confession.
Is only taking a body and dragging it into a cornfield without more a crime (legally not morally). Think might need more like intent to cover up a crime or proof of crime leading up to that act but I don't really know. MOO

One thing I would like to see more on this thread consider:

Cristhian Bahena Rivera is currently innocent in the eyes of the law. Per the statements from her family, Mollie would want a fair trial for him. He should be tried based on his actions and not where he is from or why he is here. Those other things are not relevant. I'd ask that people stop referring to him as a "killer" or "monster" or whatever else has been said. Take your direction from Stud Tibbetts -- he knows more about what Mollie would want than any of us.
I doubt Mr Tibbetts thinks kindly of the monster. He confessed and led authorities to the body. He is a confessed killer and doesn't deserve to be named anything else.

I am pretty sure I just read it recently and am still looking,,,,I remember 3pm at the trailer. UGH.

Don’t sweat it as I sure do understand your frustration! Some of the media links are already being overwritten, what always seems to happen in every case. I’m certain I googled and read something earlier regarding the unusual chrome on the Malibu and now it’s absolutely nowhere to be found.

"A critical break in the case was finding a local person with security cameras showing Tibbetts jogging, Rahn said.

"Through that we were able to identify a vehicle that we believed belonged to Mr. Rivera," Rahn said.

"From that we were able to track his patterns and the routes that he took. We were also able to find Mollie running on this video and we were able to determine that he was one of the last ones to have seen Mollie running."

Body found believed to be missing Iowa jogger; murder charge filed

Were you present in the room? He very well might have and we just dont know it yet.

Also posters posting he got pulled over, do you have links for that? I thought he was approached where he was living.
I posted about him being pulled over and thought LE stated in a television interview shortly after the arrest. I remember LE saying they "got lucky" when they spotted the car driving around so I might have made an improper presumption he was pulled over at that time. Sorry! Glad I put MOO lol.

The surveillance footage in which the Malibu was seen was not able to capture the vehicle’s license plates, but there were “unusual markings” on the car which helped lead investigators track it down, Rahn told said.

The special agent said there were “some distinct features to the vehicle that allowed us to basically search the area for it and just happened that we were able to locate the vehicle, and subsequently identify Mr. Rivera driving the vehicle.”

Mollie Tibbetts investigation: Chevy Malibu seen in surveillance video not registered to suspect Rivera, source says

The footage was provided by a resident. It clearly showed Tibbetts running, and also had a clear shot of the Malibu driving back and forth, Rahn told Fox News. The video was “critical” and allowed authorities to zero in on the 24-year-old Rivera, Rahn added.

Is only taking a body and dragging it into a cornfield without more a crime (legally not morally). Think might need more like intent to cover up a crime or proof of crime leading up to that act but I don't really know. MOO

I was being facetious....there was way more he confessed to. But anyone who follows true crime knows where there is smoke, theres a big, burning pile of garbage behind that on fire.

from what I have seen myself many, likely not all, but many Mexicans do not understand cctv. I have seen where the camera is 20 ft up and they hit the ground and crawl under it and then stand back up like it cant see them any more or walk right up to it and spray paint it like they think that somehow stopped it from seeing them before the paint or put a bag over it like that erases what it has already captured. might be this man completely understood them, might be he didn't have a clue too. I think it may be part of the culture difference. so driving around I doubt he gave much thought to a camera and I doubt he gave much thought about one after. moo
CCTV cameras haven't shown to reduce crime. The end of the CCTV era?
They're not usually "in your face" so people don't even think about them. Even if they do see a camera, it's not like the camera has a gun so the camera can't prevent the crime. If they rob a store they're already taking their chances against a clerk who can get a good look at him, better than a camera.

I doubt Mr Tibbetts thinks kindly of the monster. He confessed and led authorities to the body. He is a confessed killer and doesn't deserve to be named anything else.

Never said he thinks kindly of him. Just that he wants a fair trial.

Also, not a confessed killer. Though, obviously one could make reasonable assumptions that he committed murder.

"A critical break in the case was finding a local person with security cameras showing Tibbetts jogging, Rahn said.

"Through that we were able to identify a vehicle that we believed belonged to Mr. Rivera," Rahn said.

"From that we were able to track his patterns and the routes that he took. We were also able to find Mollie running on this video and we were able to determine that he was one of the last ones to have seen Mollie running."

Body found believed to be missing Iowa jogger; murder charge filed

Can we agree the CCTV of the black vehicle was not captured driving directly alongside Mollie as she was running?

Because I think what this is saying, for example, on CCTV Mollie was running down a road, then 4 minutes later a black Malibu is spotted heading the same direction so obviously the vehicle will soon reach her as she runs.

Mollie wasn't seen on the cameras. Just the car.

I'm pretty sure they have footage of the car circling and of Mollie running by, but I'm not convinced that they saw all of Mollie because of the distance of camera from the road, and the bad angle of the camera. That's a bit garbled, but they do know that Mollie ran by the CCTV camera after the suspect was circling the area.

I've wondered that, too. If CR did carry MT over his shoulder as he claims to have, that's likely the position she'd ended up in when he dumped her. Don't know if that means anything or not.
That sounds about right. Doesn't sound like he posed her or anything.

I'm pretty sure they have footage of the car circling and of Mollie running by, but I'm not convinced that they saw all of Mollie because of the distance of camera from the road, and the bad angle of the camera. That's a bit garbled, but they do know that Mollie ran by the CCTV camera after the suspect was circling the area.
Since CR admitted to running next to her etc. unless it is argued that part of his interview was coerced seems he admitted to being with her at that moment which then should make any footage of the two onscreen together unnecessary from proof standpoint. MOO

I wasn't. And I'm not claiming to know exactly what he said. Others are. I'm just going by what LE has told us while I have seen other take it further and make assumptions. Trying to get people to stick to the facts here.
True, but not everything is black and white. And certainly many people don't think that way. There is always a gray area, and I think it's fine to speculate based on facts. Jmo

I posted the pulled over comment, saying it was a link in a previous thread. I wished I would have saved it. I'll see if I can locate it by going backwards. Can't promise anything tho.
:0)
To Jealoushe, I can't figure out how to forward a news video. So I took a snap. You will have to
Thanks!

WC is a monster too..pled guilty and confirmed in my mind. This thread is not about him anymore but a violent offender towards women is equally as bad.

He declared himself guilty when he led them to the body.
---------------------------
To Jealoushe,
I can't figure out how to forward a video. The News outlet is Inside Edition.
I found it on face book under Inside addition.
Viedo was released Aug 25, 2018. It is 2.47 minutes.
I scrolled down to Aug 25 then kept looking till I found the Video.
Title: A Tragic ending in the search for Mollie Roberts.
It says LE passed the pic of car around to LE. One said he had stopped the car for a citation or traffic violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boomirrin