IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the Tibbett's family are amazing people; Mr. Tibbett's said the following:

“The Hispanic community are Iowans. They have the same values as Iowans,”
“As far as I’m concerned, they’re Iowans with better food.”

It's not just the above; but loads of things stand out.

I've lived in Davenport and used to really enjoy eating at Rudy's, a nice little chain of restaurants owned by a Hispanic immigrant family. Better (and cleaner) than Maid-rite (but I enjoyed that greasy food too), and I still miss Rudy's. RT is right.

It's really not. The list was being used when we were looking for Mollie.

Re: the helpful "pinned" posts at the beginning of each thread. . . I think it might be more helpful if those particular posts were arranged in the opposite of chronological order, so that the most recent information is the first post that everyone sees. IMO :)

Were you present in the room? He very well might have and we just dont know it yet.

Also posters posting he got pulled over, do you have links for that? I thought he was approached where he was living.

I wasn't. And I'm not claiming to know exactly what he said. Others are. I'm just going by what LE has told us while I have seen other take it further and make assumptions. Trying to get people to stick to the facts here.

Just asking that people wait until it is decided in court. Similar things were said about WC and, as far as we know, he has no involvement in this.

I've kind of realized that the WS community is good at the finding out what happened part, and not so good at the fairness to the alleged perpetrator part. Which is common, but I'm not a fan of declaring someone guilty before they have gone through the process.
Perhaps that's an issue you take up with the Admin. Personally, until court systems become infallible in detecting and prosecuting the guilty and freeing innocent, I'll stick with arrests conducted on investigations, evidence and confessions.

I don’t care what The father wants or what Mollie wanted, I don’t take direction well.

I will not type what I want to in describing this illegal immigrant that should be chopped and fed to pigs. < my honest opine.

Your choice. I care about what Mollie and her family want, but no one is required to do so.

Mr. Tibbitts remark ""They are Iowan with better food"". What exactly does he mean?

You've obviously never eaten at a Maid-Rite. Everything comes with a side of grease. Having lived on the coast of Iowa for a time, I never really saw a native cuisine other than Brats, corn on the cob, and monster farmer breakfasts.

Were you present in the room? He very well might have and we just dont know it yet.

Also posters posting he got pulled over, do you have links for that? I thought he was approached where he was living.

Ohhhhhh I thought I just read that they arrested him at 3pm at the trailer,,,will try to find it.

I wasn't. And I'm not claiming to know exactly what he said. Others are. I'm just going by what LE has told us while I have seen other take it further and make assumptions. Trying to get people to stick to the facts here.
It would appear you have an issue with the content of some of the posts here and the TOS of the site in regards to how we refer to people before they have had a legal hearing. You can report posts and discuss that with the Admin, Tricia.

Didn't they search for several days? I believe they suspended the search the first night, maybe due to darkness, but didn't they resume it and search for a few days?

They didn't do large, volunteer grid searches like they do for some missing people. The search wrapped up fairly quickly. I think at least..compared to other cases. moo

Yes I understand that. I meant did he (CR) have a reason? Like I posed her to face heaven or something?

I had wondered about this too. also if her head was in the right direction.

According to the original Arrest Affidavit, Date of Arrest was listed as 8/21/2018. From my understanding, CR brought LE to the body in the early morning hours of the 21st and was formally arrested at that time.

Thanks TL4S. August 21 as formally arrested. Prob with the DA filing the charges, with utmost care. However one can be detained up to 96 hours if thought you are suspected of a serious crime, eg murder. Just makes me wonder if he was detained on Friday, finally leading LE to the body on Monday.

The cameras captured images of Tibbetts running, as well as a black Chevy Malibu that investigators said they traced to Rivera, informing a determination that Rivera was one of the last people to see her running, Rahn said. They conducted a lengthy interview with Rivera on Monday after approaching him for the first time, in which he told them about seeing her running and how he pursued her.

“He was very compliant,” Rahn said. “He was willing to talk to us. There was no fight or struggle of any kind.”

But the account Rivera gave investigators has some significant gaps in it, according to an affidavit filed in district court. Rivera told them that he panicked after Tibbetts said she was going to call the police and “blocked” his “memory,” the affidavit said. His memory picks up again at an intersection where he noticed a headphone earpiece in his lap and realized he had put Tibbetts in his trunk, where he found her with blood on her head, it said. He then dragged her into a secluded place in a cornfield, where he left her face up and covered her with corn stalks.

Man charged with killing Mollie Tibbetts is an undocumented immigrant, authorities say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody