IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course murdering a human is not okay. The nationality and history of the person who murders that human (or spider) is not relevant. Unless, of course that person has murdered other humans. But in this case there is no reason to think that has happened.
Prior history is not only important, it's determinant.

It would explain why he didn't simply go back to Mexico after killing Mollie. My guess is, he has a record in Mexico and if he's changing his identity, he may have a previous record here in the US as well. I've searched but can't find anywhere that states where he was between Mexico and Iowa.

Mom24 they fly under the radar, I have my doubts anything will come up.

Last edited:
from what I have seen myself many, likely not all, but many Mexicans do not understand cctv. I have seen where the camera is 20 ft up and they hit the ground and crawl under it and then stand back up like it cant see them any more or walk right up to it and spray paint it like they think that somehow stopped it from seeing them before the paint or put a bag over it like that erases what it has already captured. might be this man completely understood them, might be he didn't have a clue too. I think it may be part of the culture difference. so driving around I doubt he gave much thought to a camera and I doubt he gave much thought about one after. moo

Yes, good point. I do think a lot of people still expect CCTV cameras are fully visible and that’s certainly not true whatsoever. For example I recall discussion regarding if one was on the front of the local car wash. To deter break-ins, robbery and theft sometimes they are but as in your example, maybe the one getting spray painted is merely a dud, just a decoy and the “live” CCTV camera is well hidden elsewhere.

It could be that there is a serious problems with 'gangs'

I posted that there would be residental, commercial CCTV; when another member posted exactly the same thing. The reason why there is likely to be more CCTV is to do with insurance premiums, get CCTV you get a reduced insurance premium i.e. home, car-dash cam etc.

IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25
I was shocked to hear a residence in a small town in Iowa would have that security feature, but that makes sense.

Legally he is not guilty of anything until the trial is done or he pleads guilty.

And he didn't confess to killing her. In his confession he said he "blocked out" and then went to get her from his trunk.

I'm not saying I believe him. But he did not confess to killing her.
There are things he can be held accountable for:
It is a crime not to report a death you know about. This can be said about CR. It is an obstruction of Justice to not report the death of someone. It can be a felony or a misdemeanor, depending on the state, the court, and the offense committed. Lying to a local police officer about your name is typically a misdemeanor.
And you could be charged with anything from discarding a human corps which is a misdemeanor or negligent homicide which is a felony.

One thing I would like to see more on this thread consider:

Cristhian Bahena Rivera is currently innocent in the eyes of the law. Per the statements from her family, Mollie would want a fair trial for him. He should be tried based on his actions and not where he is from or why he is here. Those other things are not relevant. I'd ask that people stop referring to him as a "killer" or "monster" or whatever else has been said. Take your direction from Stud Tibbetts -- he knows more about what Mollie would want than any of us.

calling him a monster or a killer has nothing to do with his nationality! It is the term, many of us who follow crime use. He is a monster, and after the details are revealed, I'm sure we won't feel any guilt for saying those words.

That is a convenient snip from Tibbetts, considering her brother in law was referring to him as something similar earlier in the thread.

First off, we don't know that.

But if true, how so? Do any of the case facts change if his name was John Doe or Yao Xiang?

His employer confirmed, he used false identity.

You have never in your life told a lie about yourself or maybe embellished something about your past? We've all done it. It's a given. My point is that it doesn't matter. Unless you think those lies (if they were, in fact, lies) were specifically so he could murder Mollie it's not relevant.

It does matter. It shows a pattern. A pattern of disregard for the law. A pattern of being dishonest. It could also mean he was in hiding...the list goes on. Policing 101.

JMO. Not necessarily in chronological order, but it's my feeling that he didn't panic and flee for a few reasons:

First, she wasn't even reported missing until the next day, late afternoon I think. So he had practically 24 hours to panic and calm down.

Second, there didn't appear to be any immediate witnesses - no one saw him at the actual time doing anything. After a few days when no one said "omg, I saw a black car behind her" or something similar he probably started to relax.

Third, it seemed everyone started thinking ol' WC did it and so he was probably really starting to believe there was no way anyone would connect him. How lucky.

Fourth, he had time to clean the car and himself etc and still no one was onto him.

Fifth, the family came out saying they thought someone had her alive somewhere. He probably really thought they were so far off his path he could rest easy at this point. He even mentioned this idea to the one girl that was messaging him.

No links MOO

Legally he is not guilty of anything until the trial is done or he pleads guilty.

And he didn't confess to killing her. In his confession he said he "blocked out" and then went to get her from his trunk.

I'm not saying I believe him. But he did not confess to killing her.

Were you present in the room? He very well might have and we just dont know it yet.

Also posters posting he got pulled over, do you have links for that? I thought he was approached where he was living.

Shouldn't some of that reward money go to the person that provided the security camera footage? It appears they would have never found her other wise without that footage.

I think the thing that bothers me more though is it says some people are asking for their donations to it to be returned to them. I mean if I made a donation for this I would never ask for it back at the least it should go to the family.

It is a specified condition of the reward, that the donation will be returned, after a specific time, if requested by the donor, in the case that the reward is never paid. In this case, if the request is not made in a timely manner by the donor, before a further specified time, it appears that the monies revert to the control of the family. It is all spelled out on the Crime stoppers Web page, it's part of the donation agreement. Bottom line is that donors my claw back their money if MT was not returned safely

If any money is paid out, after all the chips fall, it will be at the discretion of the family and Crimiestoppers. The reward was specifically for MT's safe return. Since that did not happen, no reward.

You gots to read da fine print!

Is there a significance in CR saying Mollie was face up?

I would think the only significance is LE was clarifying very specific and exact details in advance to ensure he had direct first hand knowledge, as opposed to someone making a false confession based on second hand information they’d heard from somebody else. That’s a routine investigative procedure.

Were you present in the room? He very well might have and we just dont know it yet.

Also posters posting he got pulled over, do you have links for that? I thought he was approached where he was living.
I posted the pulled over comment, saying it was a link in a previous thread. I wished I would have saved it. I'll see if I can locate it by going backwards. Can't promise anything tho.
:0)

One thing I would like to see more on this thread consider:

Cristhian Bahena Rivera is currently innocent in the eyes of the law. Per the statements from her family, Mollie would want a fair trial for him. He should be tried based on his actions and not where he is from or why he is here. Those other things are not relevant. I'd ask that people stop referring to him as a "killer" or "monster" or whatever else has been said. Take your direction from Stud Tibbetts -- he knows more about what Mollie would want than any of us.

I don’t care what The father wants or what Mollie wanted, I don’t take direction well.

I will not type what I want to in describing this illegal immigrant that should be chopped and fed to pigs. < my honest opine.

calling him a monster or a killer has nothing to do with his nationality! It is the term, many of us who follow crime use. He is a monster, and after the details are revealed, I'm sure we won't feel any guilt for saying those words.

That is a convenient snip from Tibbetts, considering her brother in law was referring to him as something similar earlier in the thread.

Just asking that people wait until it is decided in court. Similar things were said about WC and, as far as we know, he has no involvement in this.

I've kind of realized that the WS community is good at the finding out what happened part, and not so good at the fairness to the alleged perpetrator part. Which is common, but I'm not a fan of declaring someone guilty before they have gone through the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat Silva