IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week there was a report that right after the announcement that Mollie had died of sharp force trauma, the FBI conducted a search of CR's home. Anyone have any more info on that? Did that actually happen?

Shouldn't some of that reward money go to the person that provided the security camera footage? It appears they would have never found her other wise without that footage.

I think the thing that bothers me more though is it says some people are asking for their donations to it to be returned to them. I mean if I made a donation for this I would never ask for it back at the least it should go to the family.

Shouldn't some of that reward money go to the person that provided the security camera footage? It appears they would have never found her other wise without that footage.

I think the thing that bothers me more though is it says some people are asking for their donations to it to be returned to them. I mean if I made a donation for this I would never ask for it back at the least it should go to the family.

This notion just adds to my feeling that this arrest and case doesn’t quite square. Seems obvious from the outside anyway that the reward should be due the owners of the security camera footage. Unless perhaps the camera footage was demanded, not given willfully?

JMO...they maybe offered the reward, or some of it, to the person who provided the footage, and they declined to take it.

I would guess that some donors, upon donation, requested their $ be returned if MT was not found safe.

This notion just adds to my feeling that this arrest and case doesn’t quite square. Seems obvious from the outside anyway that the reward should be due the owners of the security camera footage. Unless perhaps the camera footage was demanded, not given willfully?

Possible, but either way I don't agree with morally asking for a donation back.

Some reports eluded to there being more than one location of CCTV, enabling LE to notice the circling. If so, the last one turned over connected with others so although it was the missing link, it was not sole evidence. Regardless, at the beginning the reward was clearly indicated to be offered for information leading to Mollies safe return.

“.....Crime Stoppers says the majority of contributions from individuals and businesses were conditioned upon meeting the condition of Tibbetts' return.

Because she wasn't found safe, the money will be returned to contributors who specifically said they wanted their contribution returned....”
Crime Stoppers announces where money from Mollie Tibbetts safe reward fund will go

If I recall correctly, Mollie's mom made the statement that they had friends in California who had a substantial amount of money and this is what got the reward up and running. I can understand wanting the money back if it is a large amount, and the terms of the reward were not met. I believe she spoke about this in the press conference announcing the reward.

Morally I wouldn't want it back. Then that's just me. I would hope it could "pay it forward". I donate annually to our local Crimestoppers. They don't call me anymore I just do it myself. I think I'm on a list now LOL another story for another day. Just don't ever tell Crimestoppers the kills were awesome sigh.............No disrespect intended here.

Possible, but either way I don't agree with morally asking for a donation back.

As the family believed Mollie had been kidnapped, think of it almost like a voluntary ransom in the hope that somebody associated with the happening might snitch.

In that type of scenario, a “dead or alive” reward offers no motivation for expediency, to ensure she’d remain alive.

Morally I wouldn't want it back. Then that's just me. I would hope it could "pay it forward". I donate annually to our local Crimestoppers. They don't call me anymore I just do it myself. I think I'm on a list now LOL another story for another day. Just don't ever tell Crimestoppers the kills were awesome sigh.............No disrespect intended here.
Oh DO tell lol

JMO...they maybe offered the reward, or some of it, to the person who provided the footage, and they declined to take it.

I would guess that some donors, upon donation, requested their $ be returned if MT was not found safe.
Agreed. also the reward was for a "tip" and I believe anyone who had a camera simply supplied the footage at LE request but did not come forward stating "look at this footage I think Mollie is on here with a suspicious car." Maybe I am being too literal. JMO

All of the Tibbett's family are amazing people; Mr. Tibbett's said the following:

“The Hispanic community are Iowans. They have the same values as Iowans,”
“As far as I’m concerned, they’re Iowans with better food.”

It's not just the above; but loads of things stand out.

I think there is a smaller reward that didn't specify safe return

I suppose i should tell cuz it sounds awful. I was so.....embarrassed. My co-worker Rich lent us the Dexter series. I left work with him knowing hubby and I were going to watch the trinity season. We literally just finished watching when the phone rang. Hubby answered and handed me the phone saying it's Rich. Crimestoppers would ask for me by my first name. I grab the phone and said the kills were so friggin awesome. It wasn't Rich. It was crimestoppers calling for my annual donation. I hope he believed me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214