IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I don’t think he expected to get caught either. Possibly he had no idea there was such a thing as security cameras because he had several weeks to concoct a story about why he was driving around town. And maybe he did initially have a story? - he went from point A to B and directly home again. LE says no you were at C, he adds a little more to the story......but then what about D....or E grilling him until he breaks, leading to his confession.

Which brings me to another thought....Mollie’s dad. Did the family truly believe (or at least hope) she was being held alive or was that somewhat of a heartbreaking yet intentional ruse to trick the perp into thinking LE was totally clueless? I think of us here and all these past threads, 1000s of comments relating to the ambiguity of released information - was she taken while jogging or not, what was her route, what’s with the was she home at 9:45 using her computer, questions, confusion.... looking back, I now think that total lack of clarity in information being released was very intentional.
MOO is the family certainly hoped she was alive but LE probably told them privately that based on the information they had it was unlikely. Otherwise why do all of those massive searches in the fields and parks if true thought was kidnapping. Regardless as family I think you HAVE to think or hope alive or else you stop searching....JMO

Ok,,,, here is a reason that he thought he was going to get away with this. Five longggggg weeks elapsed, no one knew anything. Searches all over the ground, big fat reward money.
But the actuality of this is that he had got away with living in this country for years and never got caught. He even had a job, a car to use, girls to hawk at so why in the world would he ever have thought he would get caught at this????
He had been living a lie since he landed in the USA.

All of the Tibbett's family are amazing people; Mr. Tibbett's said the following:

“The Hispanic community are Iowans. They have the same values as Iowans,”
“As far as I’m concerned, they’re Iowans with better food.”

It's not just the above; but loads of things stand out.

From now on I will refer to Rob Tibbetts as "Stud" Tibbetts

A great man who gets it

One thing I would like to see more on this thread consider:

Cristhian Bahena Rivera is currently innocent in the eyes of the law. Per the statements from her family, Mollie would want a fair trial for him. He should be tried based on his actions and not where he is from or why he is here. Those other things are not relevant. I'd ask that people stop referring to him as a "killer" or "monster" or whatever else has been said. Take your direction from Stud Tibbetts -- he knows more about what Mollie would want than any of us.

I agree, I don’t think he expected to get caught either. Possibly he had no idea there was such a thing as security cameras because he had several weeks to concoct a story about why he was driving around town. And maybe he did initially have a story? - he went from point A to B and directly home again. LE says no you were at C, he adds a little more to the story......but then what about D....or E grilling him until he breaks, leading to his confession.

Which brings me to another thought....Mollie’s dad. Did the family truly believe (or at least hope) she was being held alive or was that somewhat of a heartbreaking yet intentional ruse to trick the perp into thinking LE was totally clueless? I think of us here and all these past threads, 1000s of comments relating to the ambiguity of released information - was she taken while jogging or not, what was her route, what of dinner at her mothers, when was the Snapchat sent, what’s with was she home at 9:45 using her computer, questions, questions, so much confusion.... looking back, I now think that total lack of clarity in information being released was very intentional.

This is the question I've always wondered. This is one of the few cases I've followed in the past 4 years where the family keeps speaking about the victim being held alive and to let her go. Mollie's mom and dad are smart humans. Yes, they had hope, but they don't seem like the type who would hold onto something unfounded. There is something there with this storyline that I can't put my finger on or doesn't line up. I wonder if LE put that thought into their heads. Perhaps LE had some indication they they thought she was alive. I may never know.

Also, not based on the quoted post, but people talk about the large searches. Unless I missed something, I don't think there were many ground searches in this case at all. When Hannah Graham went missing, volunteers showed up in droves over a period of days. The ground searches were large and vast.

Cristhian Bahena Rivera is currently innocent in the eyes of the law. Per the statements from her family, Mollie would want a fair trial for him. He should be tried based on his actions and not where he is from or why he is here. Those other things are not relevant. I'd ask that people stop referring to him as a "killer" or "monster" or whatever else has been said. Take your direction from Stud Tibbetts -- he knows more about what Mollie would want than any of us.

I agree 100%.

from what I have seen myself many, likely not all, but many Mexicans do not understand cctv. I have seen where the camera is 20 ft up and they hit the ground and crawl under it and then stand back up like it cant see them any more or walk right up to it and spray paint it like they think that somehow stopped it from seeing them before the paint or put a bag over it like that erases what it has already captured. might be this man completely understood them, might be he didn't have a clue too. I think it may be part of the culture difference. so driving around I doubt he gave much thought to a camera and I doubt he gave much thought about one after. moo

Uh oh, here we go. I don't think people are suggesting his doing this has to do with where he comes from. He is a monster regardless. He confessed to the crime and he led them straight to her body. That makes him a killer. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214