IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MistyWaters,
A reply from the last thread, which is now closed, “or Riveria may have thought he would never have been caught.”

Well all I can say is thank you for cameras because I am afraid CR would have got away with this possibly.
The homes and businesses that had them I can bet called LE right away or LE also was canvassing the area for them.
I remember questioning in a post why did it take the homeowners so long to turn it in and someone responded they might have been away on vacation at the time. Who knows because we certainly don't at the moment.
All we can do it keep on biting at the reins waiting for more info.

Well all I can say is thank you for cameras because I am afraid CR would have got away with this possibly.
The homes and businesses that had them I can bet called LE right away or LE also was canvassing the area for them.
I remember questioning in a post why did it take the homeowners so long to turn it in and someone responded they might have been away on vacation at the time. Who knows because we certainly don't at the moment.

LE should (maybe they did) have been canvassing door to door from the off. There were only so many routes that Mollie could have run. LE in the last Presser stated that the CCTV footage was handed in; and they only had it for between 1 and 2 weeks (they we're clear on how long they had it).

It was stated very early in LE was going door to door. They sent searchers home as most of the town was out.

I thought it was because the FBI took over the case. One of Mollies possible run routes had 70 houses. I'm not sure how long it would take LE to canvass 70 houses; but not to long.

I seem to remember one interview after he was caught wherein LE stated that they methodically requested footage as they investigated various geographic areas of interest and then once obtained it took "weeks" to review all of the footage because so many hours of footage were provided. MOO

I thought it was because the FBI took over the case.
No it was local LE when word was out she was missing. It was before FBI came in. I would search for a link but......

All of the Tibbett's family are amazing people; Mr. Tibbett's said the following:

“The Hispanic community are Iowans. They have the same values as Iowans,”
“As far as I’m concerned, they’re Iowans with better food.”

It's not just the above; but loads of things stand out.
I agree, what an amazing man and family, in his darkest hours he is still thinking of others.

MistyWaters,
A reply from the last thread, which is now closed, “or Riveria may have thought he would never have been caught.”

I agree, I don’t think he expected to get caught either. Possibly he had no idea there was such a thing as security cameras because he had several weeks to concoct a story about why he was driving around town. And maybe he did initially have a story? - he went from point A to B and directly home again. LE says no you were at C, he adds a little more to the story......but then what about D....or E grilling him until he breaks, leading to his confession.

Which brings me to another thought....Mollie’s dad. Did the family truly believe (or at least hope) she was being held alive or was that somewhat of a heartbreaking yet intentional ruse to trick the perp into thinking LE was totally clueless? I think of us here and all these past threads, 1000s of comments relating to the ambiguity of released information - was she taken while jogging or not, what was her route, what of dinner at her mothers, when was the Snapchat sent, what’s with was she home at 9:45 using her computer, questions, questions, so much confusion.... looking back, I now think that total lack of clarity in information being released was very intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow