IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning.

Good morning T. Farm and Bravo. I thought I was out here lurking alone. Hope y'all are well. I brought the beer!

I suppose that the narrative about what happened to MT has reached the wait and see what happens next stage. I think that short of a jailhouse conversation(s) with CBR leaked to MSM (Daily Mail anyone?), I think that it will be a while before we hear anything new about this investigation. For myself, I have a good enough "broad strokes" picture about this tragic crime to mostly satisfy my curiosity, but I will continue to follow this thread. The group mind on WS is a better source for breaking news than Google News!

<modsnip>

RT was a very class act, in his kind words for the Iowa Latino community.

Again, Good Morning all.

Last edited by a moderator:
5 weeks is a lot of time, he's thinking about it 24/7; he might even put pen to paper to plot out what he was going to say (done some research).

It explains his calmness when confronted by LE.
Doesn’t it seem a bit off that in the five weeks he had to think about what he was going to say the best he could come up with is leading them to a body?

I'm probably 2-3 threads behind, but the story still stands at this correct?

Follows in car
Gets out of car and runs near/behind her
Mollie says go away I'm going to call the phone
Mollie runs away
CR chases her
*Blackout period*
CR is at an intersection and notices one earbud on his lap
Gets out of car checks trunk to find Mollie with blood on the side of her head and the other earbud
Takes her out of trunk and drags her, then picks her up.
Places her in cornfield and covers her with corn stalks
Leaves

COD is multiple sharp force injuries.

Obviously this is all CR version and who knows whats true about it and whats not, but I guess a couple things here I am wondering:

Do we believe CR is withholding facts or did he tell LE more and they are just withholding that information until the trial?

What is the defense lawyer of CR trying to accomplish here? I notice in all of this story its never said that CR attacked her or killed her. Did he actually admit to "killing" her, because I don't see those words anywhere. Which makes me wonder as you just stated if he did have an accomplice.

I don't think that the new, current legal defense team have said anything publicly yet, and I don't think they ever will.

Good Day Al. Agree with your post. Very sad killer's community is suffering a backlash from his crime. Beer LOL. I have Pinio Grigio and willing to share. I guess the only news in the near future will be when he enters a plea.

OT

The last few threads have not had the link to the new thread, I searched someone’s name to find this one.

Is there a better way to find the new thread?

Doesn’t it seem a bit off that in the five weeks he had to think about what he was going to say the best he could come up with is leading them to a body?

That’s why I’m wondering if she was held

LE would not comment on if she was held for any period of time due to ongoing investigation

Although the earbud story is odd, I think it possible that it was in his lap at some point, it's his using that to explain his blackout "story" that is not believable, but that's, what he thought of at the time. The only reason I think it's important is that it incriminates him. It would imply the victims head was in close proximity to his lap at one point. What was it doing there? Of course the earbud was torn off in a struggle, but how would it somehow stay stuck on his body somewhere and eventually fall into his lap? Even if he had already put her body in the trunk it seems a strange place to end up after he was upright and walking around. That being said, I believe immediately after chasing her down he killed her right in that general area. Either pulled her into a more isolated area or the attack happened in the car itself. He then placed her body in the trunk, and drove around either looking for a place to hide the body or going to a preplanned location. The only thing that is a mystery is the 8:00 sighting by the neighbor. I guess it's possible that he saw her 15 minutes earlier, or if it was closer to 8:00 pm, Rivera could have been following her and even called out to her. This might explain the fit bit activity, as it may be the first time it indicated fear, and her heart rate started to go up at that time. Then another increase when she was running for her life , then fighting and being overcome by her killer, all in a matter of 40 mins. After he had dragged, then carried her body into the cornfield he went back to his car and probably, once over his adrenaline rush, tried to decide what to do next. This is the moment in his story that he tells investigators is when he " came to." He has already killed her so what better place to insert it. The question is, what did he do after That? Get cleaned up somewhere? Dispose of the weapon, clothes and phone at the farm? There are many gaps to fill in.

We don't know what LE threw at him the night he was brought in. His "story" is ridiculous but I'm thinking he had to shape a story to fit what he felt LE knew. He was cornered and figured the only way out is to say I don't remember the actual crime itself.

LE would not comment on if she was held for any period of time due to ongoing investigation
Yet it is stated that the assault started and ended. Between 7:45- 8:28.

We don't know what LE threw at him the night he was brought in. His "story" is ridiculous but I'm thinking he had to shape a story to fit what he felt LE knew. He was cornered and figured the only way out is to say I don't remember the actual crime itself.
Of course! The only parts he revealed were the parts he knew LE already knew. The time period in which the killing occurred is the part that he claims to have had a blackout.

The earbud wasn't 'noticed' at the intersection. The affidavit says it was after he arrived in the cornfield that he looked down and, lo, an earbud, therefore person in trunk.

It doesn't matter in the sense that it's just part of a bigger lie. It's remarkable, however, because he would have people believe that after he had blocked/blacked/whatever and "came to" at an intersection, he didn't even yet 'realize' she was with him, but he knew to make a u-turn and drive not only to a cornfield, but make a second turn into the spot where her dead body was later found stabbed multiple times.

Click on "New Posts" link at the top.

I was waiting for the thread 40 to reopen which says it was closed for the night and would reopen in the morning. Apparently this new thread was started instead and I would not have found it if I didn't click on the New Post link.

Of course! The only parts he revealed were the parts he knew LE already knew. The time period in which the killing occurred is the part that he claims to have had a blackout.
Yes. Which is why I don't believe one word of what he claims he does remember.

I'm probably 2-3 threads behind, but the story still stands at this correct?

Follows in car
Gets out of car and runs near/behind her
Mollie says go away I'm going to call the phone
Mollie runs away
CR chases her
*Blackout period*
CR is at an intersection and notices one earbud on his lap
Gets out of car checks trunk to find Mollie with blood on the side of her head and the other earbud
Takes her out of trunk and drags her, then picks her up.
Places her in cornfield and covers her with corn stalks
Leaves

COD is multiple sharp force injuries.

Obviously this is all CR version and who knows whats true about it and whats not, but I guess a couple things here I am wondering:

Do we believe CR is withholding facts or did he tell LE more and they are just withholding that information until the trial?

What is the defense lawyer of CR trying to accomplish here? I notice in all of this story its never said that CR attacked her or killed her. Did he actually admit to "killing" her, because I don't see those words anywhere. Which makes me wonder as you just stated if he did have an accomplice.
By his leading police to the body one can assume he also killed her. I really don't believe he had an accomplice. They would have known by now and he probably would have attempted to put the blame on him. He did not have that option so he made up the story of blacking out.

Exactly. He did not offer his story freely, it was in response to questioning. Quite possibly what he was going to say was debunked right off the bat and he just slapped this story together real quick.

My real question is why didn’t he run? I’m wondering if maybe right away he was ready to flee but as time went on and there was no body and no evidence he grew comfortable that he had gotten away with it.

He had over a month correct. And I am not sure not knowing him of course if he was smart enough to figure a plan out himself which makes me think yes he might have an accomplice to devise a plan in that 5 week span should something come up. Like the camera, without it he would still be milking cows and collecting a paycheck under someone elses SS#.

I think that CBR was in denial about what he did, to himself, kinda lying to himself. That's why he used the blocked out excuse to not talk with LE about the worst of what he did. This is the same avoidance mechanism that I have sociopaths use before. The C in CBR should stand for Cleopatra, because CBR is the king of denial!

Last edited:
Yes. Which is why I don't believe one word of what he claims he does remember.
True! But we are all smarter than he is and can attempt to put the pieces together.

Exactly. He did not offer his story freely, it was in response to questioning. Quite possibly what he was going to say was debunked right off the bat and he just slapped this story together real quick.

My real question is why didn’t he run? I’m wondering if maybe right away he was ready to flee but as time went on and there was no body and no evidence he grew comfortable that he had gotten away with it.
I think he had a life and predictable routine that worked for him and preferred the path of least resistance. Fleeing was too complicated in a situation where Mollie was still missing and he was not on anyone's radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member