IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't know a lot of things; it's still an ongoing investigation; just because they have a suspect, it doesn't mean they have stopped investigating.

We know quite a lot based on press releases and reports about her disappearance.

Police have a man in custody who led them to the body. He is more than a "suspect". They have an admitted criminal. They will continue to investigate the suspect, especially his activities during the past 7 years. No one starts their criminal career with a daylight abduction of a stranger that ends with a multiple stabbing death in a cornfield 15 miles from the abduction site 45 minutes after start of incident.

Police and FBI will continue to investigate this suspect to identify what he was doing before he did this to Mollie.

Last edited:
Not that I've seen.

Police have not released any information about Mollie's running route. No one knows whether she turned right on West, or continued on Des Moines. Standing around near the Funeral Home? No one knows. Running West on 2nd Str towards Caseys food store at 9 or 8? Not likely.

The incident apparently started around 7:45PM near 1900 395 Ave and ended 45 minutes later. The only other information we have is that she was found in a cornfield 15 miles SE of Brooklyn. The end range time is 8:28PM.

Imagine, for a moment, that you are a single 20 year old trekking along the corn field when bam, you're out cold on the pavement. When you look up, you see the suspect picking you up and throwing you into the trunk of his car.

You're dizzy from hitting your head, and you have a bleeding cut. You're in the trunk of a car. You realize you're slowing down, turning, pulling a u-turn, and stopping.

The trunk opens. You are dragged from the car into the corn field, and then thrown over the shoulder and carried for a while. Then you are thrown down on the ground.

The last memory you have is lying in a corn field, covered in corn leaves, blood slowly draining.

That is what the suspect did to Mollie Tibbetts.

Last edited:
We know quite a lot based on press releases and reports about her disappearance.

Police have a man in custody who led them to the body. He is more than a "suspect". They have an admitted criminal. They will continue to investigate the suspect, especially his activities during the past 7 years. No one starts their criminal career with a daylight abduction of a stranger that ends with a multiple stabbing death in a cornfield 15 miles from the abduction site 45 minutes after start of incident.

Police and FBI will continue to investigate this suspect to identify what he was doing before he did this to Mollie.

The only Presser that provided any information was the last one; even then, there were a whole lot of questions LE wouldn't answer; so there is a lot we don't know; as for the media they are hit and miss; Also sorts of people have come out of the 'woodwork' to comment on CR; e.g. a woman in her 50's flirting with CR etc.

Police have not released any information about Mollie's running route. No one knows whether she turned right on West, or continued on Des Moines. Standing around near the Funeral Home? No one knows. Running West on 2nd Str towards Caseys food store at 9 or 8? Not likely.

The incident apparently started around 7:45PM near 1900 395 Ave and ended 45 minutes later. The only other information we have is that she was found in a cornfield 15 miles SE of Brooklyn. The end range time is 8:28PM.

It's all conjecture.

Police have made a statement that they are unable to connect the victim with the suspect, other than through murder. I can't think of any reason to not believe this.

That isn't what LE said after CR's arrest. I think it is obvious she knew enough about CR that she could identify him to LE which is why she was murdered.

Rahn said Rivera admitted to seeing Tibbetts before but said that "beyond that, I can't say anymore about his interactions with Ms. Tibbetts."

How Police Tracked Down Mollie Tibbetts' Alleged Murderer

The only Presser that provided any information was the last one; even then,

there were a whole lot of questions LE wouldn't answer; so there is a lot we don't know; as for the media they are hit and miss; Also sorts of people have come out of the 'woodwork' to comment on CR; e.g. a woman in her 50's flirting with CR etc.

The last press release was about finding the body. The previous press release was the map. We know a lot more about what happened to Mollie than where her body was found, and the five locations of interest.

That isn't what LE said after CR's arrest. I think it is obvious she knew enough about CR that she could identify him to LE which is why she was murdered.

Rahn said Rivera admitted to seeing Tibbetts before but said that "beyond that, I can't say anymore about his interactions with Ms. Tibbetts."

How Police Tracked Down Mollie Tibbetts' Alleged Murderer

Every rape victim can provide some information about her attacker, DNA seals the deal. The ability to identify an attacker and know an attacker are two different things.

Yes, one possible reason that Mollie was murdered is that the attacker was afraid that she would identify him. I'm inclined to think that something else was at play.

Last edited:
Every rape victim can provide some information about her attacker, DNA seals the deal. The ability to identify an attacker and knowing the attacker are two different things.

Yes, one possible reason that Mollie was murdered is that the attacker was afraid that she would identify him. I'm inclined to think that something else was at play. She died from multiple sharp injury and that seems more like rage or psychotic break than silencing the victim.

If one doesn't know their attacker, their ability to positively identify their attacker is diminished greatly. You also are assuming Mollie was raped. You have insisted LE has said there is no connection between Mollie and CW. I simply provided a link that shows LE is unwilling to say any more about what they know about Mollie's relationship with CR and the evidence they have.

bbm
Every rape victim can provide some information about her attacker, DNA seals the deal. The ability to identify an attacker and knowing the attacker are two different things.

Yes, one possible reason that Mollie was murdered is that the attacker was afraid that she would identify him. I'm inclined to think that something else was at play. She died from multiple sharp injury and that seems more like rage or psychotic break than silencing the victim.

You might be on to something (complex reason) although, Occam still calls (rape attempt gone wrong).

That CR's gf was in MT's FB 'friends' list might lead to discovering MT and CR's gf may have interacted but I am not aware of either's FB posts to each other, if any exist at all.

Or, this...

Did CR plan to 'visit' one, some or all of his gf's (FB or other) friends who he perceived as having caused problems for him, whether real or perceived?

If one doesn't know their attacker, their ability to positively identify their attacker is diminished greatly. You also are assuming Mollie was raped. You have insisted LE has said there is no connection between Mollie and CW. I simply provided a link that shows LE is unwilling to say any more about what they know about Mollie's relationship with CR and the evidence they have.

BBM

Makes sense that LE is unwilling to say more that what they know, and it makes sense that they know than what they are willing to say.

bbm
You might be on to something (complex reason) although, Occam still calls (rape attempt gone wrong).

That CR's gf was in MT's FB 'friends' list might lead to discovering MT and CR's gf may have interacted but I am not aware of either's FB posts to each other, if any exist at all.

Or, this...

Did CR plan to 'visit' one, some or all of his gf's (FB or other) friends who he perceived as having caused problems for him, whether real or perceived?

BBM

I don't know of anything to suggest that this was a "rape attempt gone wrong". What makes you think something about this went wrong, other than the arrest?

I hsven't seen anything connecting Mollie's social media to the suspect. Do you have a link?

The last press release was about finding the body. The previous press release was the map. We know a lot more about what happened to Mollie than where her body was found, and the five locations of interest.

'It's all conjecture?
And then?'

What did LE say in this Presser; they said they were locations of interest; people kind of gathered that; LE didn't say why they were locations of interest. That's why members were and are still trying to join the dots. It's all conjecture. There is a lot of information that we don't have. Because we come up with scenarios doesn't make them right.

Last edited:
Those were your words not mine. I only said there will be no trial. I don't think the plea will be downward on the charges but maybe more as the other poster stated of better prison accommodation s. I guess we'll wait and see!
I think The bottom line is CR would prefer three hots and a cot than being deported back to Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop