IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
I do think some of what is in the Arrest Warrant is based on what CBR said but I also think some of it is based on the Fitbit data.

Because of the very specific down to the minute ending time of 8:28pm. I dont think CBR would have known that exact time or told LE that right at that minute is when he left. Also the "known by me" part implies the information can also include things LE found out on their own.

"known by me, or told to me
"

I don't.
My experience with the Fitbit data has been interesting.
Whether it was not recording anything including heart rate, BP, time active. That is based on personal experience which resulted in my having to wear a heart monitor for a week straight.

It became apparent within a day or so that the data was not accurate, compared to the halter heart monitor.
They wished to play it safe, thus the week of comparison.

I agree she was deceased by 20:28. I'm not sure she was in the corn field by that time. It was dark after 21:15.
I believe her body was put in the trunk after 8:28, and she was then driven to the cornfield , where he left her. Just because of that timeframe. I had previously thought she may have been transferred there alive but injured, and then killed. But now I'm not so sure.

It is rather unusual for a predator to start his criminal career with a daylight abduction of a stranger on a public street resulting in assault, multiple stabbings causing death, and hiding the body 15 miles from the abduction site. That seems like something that an experienced predator would do. A first timer typically hasn't thought through the "what next" step after committing an abduction, but Rivera had a plan that included carefully hiding the body.

Isn't it possible that he has a longer criminal history, and that he didn't flee because he avoided detection for whatever he did leading up to this brazen attack?
If it were a first time attack, I would think he'd likely leave the body right where it lay (or maybe dragged just out of sight) after the murder. JMO And I've often wondered if he fled Mexico to begin with because he was in trouble there.

Why would they have not charged him with kidnapping (yet)? It seems that is actually what they have him on record admitting to. Obviously they could have added the murder one charge as well or soon after. I'm sure there's a reason murder one is the charge they are holding him on that I'm just not getting. Could someone explain this to me?

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE SINGLE ASPECT OF THIS CASE THAT WILL
CONVICT Cristian Behana Rivera?

My personal response:

Intent which is very connected to stalking her. I believe that CR will be proven to be a prolific liar. I think he’s very fluent in English and lied regularly on a daily basis.

I believe he is so adept at lying most of everything he explained will be unquestionably proven so.

I strongly believe the investigators and the prosecutorial team will do a thorough job discovering who CR is based in fact.

I believe the evidence will be so strong that he may take a plea to avoid the h___l his family will face supporting him through trial.

My opinion.

Justifiably CR will never ever taste freedom again.

Last edited:
There are a few years unaccounted for. Speaking to time frame he was in the U.S. and not working at the Farm. I have not read anything about his whereabouts so who knows what other crimes he may have committed.

True, he could be lying. But with this type of crime it is my belief that it usually involves violence, which is indicative of anger. I suppose he could have been as cool as a cucumber and meticulously took his time. But I don't even want to think of that scenario. To me it indicates torture and is far worse. Every killer has their own method, based on what motivates them. I certainly hope this was not a long, drawn out killing.

I don't think it was long because we have that time frame of 7:45-8:28. I will rely on that fitbit info and that camera footage before I believe anything CR says. I am even hoping they found MORE camera's and have not said a word. And yes anger is a major factor of course. He could have been pissed to the gills at something already that had nothing to do with Mollie and she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
But that is not what I am thinking. I am sticking with my initial assumption that he planned this and knew of Mollie, has seen her running often. I do not think he approached her to ask for a date, I think he had ill intent from the beginning.
I could end of being way out in left field with my train of thought or I could be spot on as many of you. We might now ever know everything but I do wish they would at least throw us a little bone for the time being.

Ye
It is rather unusual for a predator to start his criminal career with a daylight abduction of a stranger on a public street resulting in assault, multiple stabbings causing death, and hiding the body 15 miles from the abduction site. That seems like something that an experienced predator would do. A first timer typically hasn't thought through the "what next" step after committing an abduction, but Rivera had a plan that included carefully hiding the body.

Isn't it possible that he has a longer criminal history, and that he didn't flee because he avoided detection for whatever he did leading up to this brazen attack?
Yes it is unusual, and I'm not quite sure what this tells us. Maybe he was waiting for the cover of darkness, and it didn't go according to plan. Maybe he couldn't hold out any longer. Or maybe he felt confident that the isolated area she was in at the time was the perfect moment and couldn't risk missing the opportunity. As for running, I think people have given pretty good reasons for that upthread. I don't think he even considered it.

Why would they have not charged him with kidnapping (yet)? It seems that is actually what they have him on record admitting to. Obviously they could have added the murder one charge as well or soon after. I'm sure there's a reason murder one is the charge they are holding him on that I'm just not getting. Could someone explain this to me?

There is plenty of time to revise charges during and after investigators begin to discover everything about him. The murder charges are just the beginning.

If this case goes to trial, conviction of 1st degree murder will be based upon whether or not CR was responsible for intentionally inflicting the multiple sharp force injuries that caused Mollie’s death. His version of events is highly incriminatory, further damaging considering his self-disclosed anger issues.

So I’m not so sure the prosecution would be anxious to discount his confession and create another version of events without very solid proof given the accused already handed them one on a platter.

Depending on how many is “multiple” sharp force injuries, that alone can qualify the criteria of “intent”. If accused were only prosecuted when “remembering”, the jails would essentially be empty.

If they have to go to trial, they will have to present evidence. Part of that evidence is his statement which self incriminates. I suspect the 8:28 is a cell phone ping.

Just a few random thoughts. In the video of him arriving at Court and getting out of the truck he had a little pep in his step hopping out of the truck. Not a care in the world? I was happy to see there was a perp walk. In Court he appeared to be relaxed and showed no emotion. No remorse, no fear. Nothing. IMO

Yes and now we wait and wait and wait and surmise and surmise and surmise. We go on to other cases eventually and kind of forget about the ones that we were so interested in because there is no such thing as swift justice.
When I hear of something tragic on the news I come to Websleuths also, better more precise reports than the actual news.

Waiting brings fullness!

Ye

Yes it is unusual, and I'm not quite sure what this tells us. Maybe he was waiting for the cover of darkness, and it didn't go according to plan. Maybe he couldn't hold out any longer. Or maybe he felt confident that the isolated area she was in at the time was the perfect moment and couldn't risk missing the opportunity. As for running, I think people have given pretty good reasons for that upthread. I don't think he even considered it.

I don’t believe investigators will find this is his first crime. I think they will find significantly more criminal activity.

The problem with this theory is that the arrest warrant affidavit affirms that the murder was complete by 20:28 on the 18th, perhaps based on the FitBit data. This does not allow much time for CBR to have held MT for any length of time.

JMOO

I think that's a bit of a leap. The arrest warrant identifies a range of time. I don't think we can assume that Mollie was deceased at 8:28, only that something happened at that time at 1900 385 Ave. It could be that there was a spike in Fitbit data, or that the Fitbit data stopped transmitting. If the Fitbit stopped transmitting, it could be that her Fitbit and phone were separated, or that they were not separated and she was deceased.

Multiple Sharp Force Trauma sure sounds like rage, but maybe it didn't have anything to do with a psychological problem, or rejection, or anything like that. Maybe Mollie simply put up one hell of a fight and started screaming and he just wanted her to shut the *advertiser censored** up. (CR's possible thoughts, not mine)

I don't think it was long because we have that time frame of 7:45-8:28. I will rely on that fitbit info and that camera footage before I believe anything CR says. I am even hoping they found MORE camera's and have not said a word. And yes anger is a major factor of course. He could have been pissed to the gills at something already that had nothing to do with Mollie and she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
But that is not what I am thinking. I am sticking with my initial assumption that he planned this and knew of Mollie, has seen her running often. I do not think he approached her to ask for a date, I think he had ill intent from the beginning.
I could end of being way out in left field with my train of thought or I could be spot on as many of you. We might now ever know everything but I do wish they would at least throw us a little bone for the time being.
It could very well be that he had planned this and had her in mind as a victim. I myself believe this to be the case. I dont believe for one minute he was interested in dating her or anything else but for her to be his victim. He admitted to police that he had seen her jogging the night before. To me this indicates he was already thinking about it. But considering the indication of violence and anger, it would seem that he almost " had " to be in a frenzy when he committed the crime. Jmo

It could very well be that he had planned this and had her in mind as a victim. I myself believe this to be the case. I dont believe for one minute he was interested in dating her or anything else but for her to be his victim. He admitted to police that he had seen her jogging the night before. To me this indicates he was already thinking about it. But considering the indication of violence and anger, it would seem that he almost " had " to be in a frenzy when he committed the crime. Jmo

I totally agree with you.

Multiple Sharp Force Trauma sure sounds like rage, but maybe it didn't have anything to do with a psychological problem, or rejection, or anything like that. Maybe Mollie simply put up one hell of a fight and started screaming and he just wanted her to shut the *advertiser censored** up. (CR's possible thoughts, not mine)
Or it could have been sexual. For some killers the thrill of killing alone is what gives them the... well... " rush" for lack of a better word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal