IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure they could and even though I am an avid Fitbit user. You always have your doubts.

Police have started to use fitness trackers from companies such as Fitbit, Garmin and Jawbone, in court rooms as evidence.

Fitness trackers, and other smart devices such as smartwatches, are bound to join the long list of technology used in litigation.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/news/national/police-attorneys-fitness-trackers-court-evidence-article-1.2607432?outputType=amp

It is up to the Judge as to what is admissible.

Circuit Court Judge David Zakowski ruled Wednesday that prosecutors can present the Fitbit’s step-counting data to the jury but not its sleep-recording data.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.greenbaypressgazette.com/amp/1084388001

Fitbit Law Suit
The only thing I personally know about that is that strap must be firmly on your wrist. It can’t be loose.
The suit claims Fitbit's heart rate tracking tech is inaccurate
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4344675/fitbit-lawsuit-heart-rate-accuracy

You are, of course, correct. But you may want to consider the Frye test, in Iowa case law as it applies to FitBit and other digital data. The judge would have a Frye hearing, to determine the admissibility of new tech or science in a case, if not previously admitted in another state court in Iowa...I think. Very IJMOO

I should have some of you “sleuth” my community, it’s probably a hopping place and I just don’t know it.
Although any young person that I know would still say there's "nothing to do." In their view, there would have to be movie theaters, a variety of fast food restaurants, bars and at least 2 nightclubs to constitute "something to do."Community Events" don't count. Jmo

Last edited:
When people want to hook up, don't they go to pubs or clubs? Who drives around alone stalking joggers when they want a mutually agreed on hook-up?

There is an old sailors song that has a line that goes: "it's not my fist I'm knocking with, said Barnicle Bill the sailor man". And matey, I think it be more than a hook-up he be looking for, if you get my meaning!

LE timeline was 5-10

We know her brother dropped her off at 5:30

From what’s been reported her BF got a text from her at 7:00

Her mother was texting around 7:30 and got an “ok” to brats for dinner

CR could have been in the area as early as 5:00 and as late as 10:00

The warrant timeline is 7:45-8:28

I wonder if he picked the car up in town and brought it back that night?

LE has a very tight lid on all of this for I suspect good reason.
They have a timeline they are confident in.
Dairy farms milk 2 or 3 times per day, usually starting very early a.m.
As well it was reported one saw her jogging around 5:30.
Another could not state the time.
Another saw her walking.
Another saw her jogging about 7:30.

Although registered to someone else, I believe that was his vehicle to use, as he would be required to be in early.

So really the reason to charge M1 initially, instead of the others that we think will probably be added, would be to ensure that it is a serious enough charge that he does not get out, correct?

The reason this has me stumped is, in the Lucas Hernandez case it seemed to be reversed. They charged her with lesser crimes to arrest her but waited on charging for actually killing him.

In this case all they've got is that he has confessed to being perhaps the last person to see her alive and to hiding her body in a cornfield and the fact that she didn't die of natural causes. That's enough to create strong enough suspicion that he killed her to hold him on a murder charge. More investigation would be needed to determine if anything else is at play here.

In many cases the opposite is true, the evidence needed to tie the primary suspect to the crime is elusive, so they charge the suspect with whatever they can just to keep them from getting away until they can make their case.

I'm sure if the investigation turns up anything more than him brutally attacking and killing her for spurning his advances we'll see additional charges, if for no other reason to ensure that he goes to prison if he somehow slips the murder rap. But given what we know, or at least what was known at the time of the warrant, murder is all they're reasonably sure of.

Last edited:
I'm not going to try to guess if he really remembers what happened while he says he had his mental block; whether he remembers doing it or not, he always had the choice to take her to LE or a hospital when he realized he had her dead body in his trunk. Since he was so quick to confess once he was caught, why not just do it immediately and save her family and friends some grief? Whether he remembers what happened or not, there's no excuse for what he did then or after his "awakening". MOO

He must feel he can lessen the charge or something. He changed lawyers for whatever reason. I am not sure what kind of case the defense will try, but CR has a sworn statement saying he dragged and carried her body (not confirmed to be dead or alive at that point) then left her in a cornfield after he buried her with cornstalks. She was most likely dead during all this, but even if she wasn't he left her to die and didn't tell anyone.

For someone that was so quick to confess why even bother dragging out this case when theres <1% chance he wouldn't get life in prison with that confession.

Theres something missing here.

It has been announced that a spate of sexual assaults have occurred on rural Iowa roads. Counties in the area of concern include: Black Hawk, Linn, and Tama.

Details are sketchy but a male assaults stopped women or flags them down at the side of the road to stop them.

Authorities in multiple Iowa counties warn of roadside sexual assaults

My my, the plot thickens. No need to put all of this on CBR, as there are plenty of freaks who are whipping "it" out here in Memphis too. LE just arrested a repeat flasher waving "it" at joggers today. Many attempted abductions of kids on the way to school, last school year. Too much free online *advertiser censored*, and they all start somewhere. JMHOO

He must feel he can lessen the charge or something. He changed lawyers for whatever reason. I am not sure what kind of case the defense will try, but CR has a sworn statement saying he dragged and carried her body (not confirmed to be dead or alive at that point) then left her in a cornfield after he buried her with cornstalks. She was most likely dead during all this, but even if she wasn't he left her to die and didn't tell anyone.

For someone that was so quick to confess why even bother dragging out this case when theres <1% chance he wouldn't get life in prison with that confession.

It's called due process, and CBR is free to drag it out as long as someone can afford to allow him to do, if even the State of Iowa. A county in Mississippi once went bankrupt paying for the defense of a Capitol Murder defendant. Because of this, a dedicated state office now does this in Mississippi.

We live in a great country, because YOU too have the same right to a competent defence, no matter how lowly your place in our society.

I don't disagree with the bulk of your statement, but one correction. IIRC, IM was one year ahead of Mollie in high school, and I think I recall reading that she is 21. And I still am not firmly convinced CR is only 24. I assume LE knows his age for certain.
Sorry, I thought she was a year behind...so she’s not 19 ? Not sure where I got that, my apologies.

And snakes too ( down rabbit hole) Yes, I agree 100%. It is this notion of keeping it simple that allowed me to come up with my own theory of what happened. In the end, this person viciously murdered an unassuming, innocent victim. He wanted, he sought, he acted.

Yeah, you're right! As far as the snake is concerned, the Jack Russel would likely kill it. They're funny (e.g NUTS) that way. Rats and mice too.

I don't disagree with the bulk of your statement, but one correction. IIRC, IM was one year ahead of Mollie in high school, and I think I recall reading that she is 21. And I still am not firmly convinced CR is only 24. I assume LE knows his age for certain.
Yes, she was around 18 when she had the child.

LE has a very tight lid on all of this for I suspect good reason.
They have a timeline they are confident in.
Dairy farms milk 2 or 3 times per day, usually starting very early a.m.
As well it was reported one saw her jogging around 5:30.
Another could not state the time.
Another saw her walking.
Another saw her jogging about 7:30.

Although registered to someone else, I believe that was his vehicle to use, as he would be required to be in early.

Wasn’t the trailer he lived in on the grounds of the farm or a different location?

Maybe he has a child because of a hook-up, and maybe he has a child because they were dating for a while and the baby came along.

The fact that he has a child and former girlfriend does not mean that he has looking for a date when he abducted and murdered Mollie.
Apparently they had a romantic relationship for one year. He described meeting her as the best day of his life on his FB.

Well...a violent sexual assault would likely result in a long prison sentence...while he nearly got away with murder. And deportation, once he got out of prison. He figured she knew him at least to identify him...jmo
True but I just don't believe that was the reason for killing her.

I’m interested to know if he actually admitted to it after reading this

From the arrest warrant under General Probable Cause

Defendant Implicated:

03-Admission/Statement

09-Near Scene of Crime

13-Caused Personal Injury

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/082118+DCI+Arrest.pdf

Depends on what you mean by "grounds of the farm". The trailer is on property owned by his employer, but it's not on the same parcel as his workplace.

Meaning could he walk to work or did he have to drive?

I know the land was owned my the Farm but can’t recall if it’s where he worked

My my, the plot thickens. No need to put all of this on CBR, as there are plenty of freaks who are whipping "it" out here in Memphis too. LE just arrested a repeat flasher waving "it" at joggers today. Many attempted abductions of kids on the way to school, last school year. Too much free online *advertiser censored*, and they all start somewhere. JMHOO
Probably somebody else...but the map is spooky. Brooklyn pin (July 2018), other three pins (August 2017). All locations are within an hour and twenty minutes or less from each other. Victims from 2017 describe an older model, light brown (or gray) sedan (note the Nissan in the photo). (All locations are approximate)

*Evansdale case (July 2012) would also be right up there with the top two pins.

Attachments

• MT17.PNG
    MT17.PNG
    225.7 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC3560sm.jpg
    DSC3560sm.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
There is an old sailors song that has a line that goes: "it's not my fist I'm knocking with, said Barnicle Bill the sailor man". And matey, I think it be more than a hook-up he be looking for, if you get my meaning!
" clink" ... Cheers!!

No coffee shop in town?

The Classic Deli & Ice Cream Shoppe - Home - Brooklyn, Iowa - Menu ...
Facebook - Log In or Sign Up › Places › Brooklyn, Iowa › Fast Food Restaurant
Rating: 4.8 - ‎153 votes
American Restaurant in Brooklyn, Iowa. People talk about pork tenderloin, pecan pie and pasta salad. See reviews and recommendations.

Denny's - 4175 Highway 21, Brooklyn, Iowa (IA)
Denny's Restaurant Locations Directory › IA › Brooklyn
America's diner in Brooklyn, IA is always open, serving breakfast around the clock ... See our menu items that have been verified by the National Restaurant ...

Casey's | BROOKLYN, IA | Gas, Pizza, Subs, Donuts

Casey’s | BROOKLYN, IA | Gas, Pizza, Subs, Donuts
106 W 2ND ST, (641) 522-3188, Mon-Sun 4:30 AM - 11:00 PM.

Dunkin' Donuts
4124 V18 Road, Brooklyn

Also, there is a Country Pride Restaurant at
the TravelCenters of America, Brooklyn.
It has a full menu and is open from 6AM to 11PM.
It looks nice in the youtube I watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member