Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the employer's compensations of room and board come before or after taxes?

I'm thinking there isn't a time clock at the dairy

Any employee expenses paid by an employer are deductible against gross income, and that reduces the business' tax burden.

Yes, I believe a stipend for "free" quarters provided could be added to the employees income reported to the IRS, to inflate employee labor costs. Any costs to maintsin the property are also deductible. Time clock not needed if signed time sheets kept, even if just computer print out signed when employee picks up check, and even that may not be necessary. There were assignments when I never saw a time clock or signed a time sheet as an hourly employee.

I am not an accountant nor a tax attorney, and would not be caught drinking with either if I could be seen by friends who matter!

JMOO

I hope this doesn't get me a time-out but it's a true story. A few years back, my then fiance' took me to his county fair, he was raised on a farm, so the animal barns were a must see. Well I spotted a "huge" one and said to my man, "look at the hooters on that cow", and he said "that's not a cow, it's a bull".

Every old farmer within earshot got their laugh for the week at my expense. I am a city girl needless to say.

Please no timeout MODS. :):):) I'll do better.:oops:

Yeah but what I get from the article to make a strong case he’d require a proven prior medical history of memory block outs. If he doesn’t there’s no evidence to prove it and everyone knows not all defendants tell the truth.

I think his case is very weak because he admitted to stalking her, running along side of her, then getting mad when told to buzz off and he admitted to the earbuds reminding him the body was in the trunk and weeks later knew where he’d left the body. That’s very different than someone claiming diminished capacity because they lost memory of what they did for an entire day or evening. So therefore if he does testify, given his statement, I think the prosecution has enough to toast him.
I like the fact we are being reminded he has to show proof.

Yeah but what I get from the article to make a strong case he’d require a proven prior medical history of memory block outs. If he doesn’t there’s no evidence to prove it and everyone knows not all defendants tell the truth.

I think his case is very weak because he admitted to stalking her, running along side of her, then getting mad when told to buzz off and he admitted to the earbuds reminding him the body was in the trunk and weeks later knew where he’d left the body. That’s very different than someone claiming diminished capacity because they lost memory of what they did for an entire day or evening. So therefore if he does testify, given his statement, I think the prosecution has enough to toast him.
Conviently he only 'blocks his memory' when he gets angry; so that's not throughout; he remembers following her, stopping the car, running beside her etc.

And the court believes he has no money from working the last 4 years?

He lived for free, paid no child support and only had 270 for a car

Where did all his money go?

He doesn’t claim the last 12 months income

That whole affidavit is incorrect, don’t know how the judge let it pass

Let me take a guess: Wired it to his family across the border via WesternUnion (from the nearest WMT or other convenient vendor)? Or...he simply is the next Warren Buffett, and has been stashing, stashing, stashing it away in the local bank in Brooklyn. Anyone else care to guess?

At least nothing that LE knows about! As a previous poster wrote (my paraphrase), What about low-profile victims [who actually survived CR's attacks], who wanted to remain "invisible" to LE? (And yes, I understand and respect that some posters believe that the MT case is a first-time/only-time case for CR.) I keep thinking of those words, Character is consistent... But back to FeralWriter's thoughts and ponderings (so well put, too, I might add) on whether or not individuals just "snap" -- for no apparent reason. Until we know more details -- if we do, that is -- CR's motive and history (if any) remain a conundrum. Just MOO!
'Regarding 'low profile victims'; hypothetically if there were 5 victims; you would expect at least 1 / 2 to come forward; LE and ologists have probably done studies on reporting crime; it's easier with all the tech around these days; you can call; take pics etc.

OMG, he helped bovine fornicate? Where did that come from? Helluva'defense for murder lol. Link please and thank you.

No, there is no official MSM or other info that says this!!!!!

As CR's job description, per MSM, involved "animal husbandry" functions, I threw this out as a POSSIBLE tongue in cheek reason that he might be sullen and angry.

I, personally, would enjoy hearing CR testify in open court that his "block out" was a result of his Oxycontin abuse, which he started to take because of his carpal tunnel syndrome, bone spurs and wrist pain caused by his duties as an assistant to bovine fornication....but, that DID NOT HAPPEN, and will not happen....sigh!

Nothing involving moonlight, a pasture, the smell of fresh clover and Ferdinand the Bull.

Just a metal tube pushed up into you know where by the bull sperm vendor. LIKELY not even a thank you ma'am.
And my defense will be "blocked" memory for my posts. All this funny posting blocked me from posting normally. Gotta' run for now, nytol = * nite all *

(Sorry, all -- I'm still catching up, and am behind, but reading as quickly as I can, so I don't know yet whether someone has already posted this today...) On the way home after work today, when on the way into a grocery store chain in Iowa, some headlines seemed to leap off the page at me. Something to do with "memory blocks" and CR. Hmm. Could CR's attorneys be closely following WS? I have a strong hunch that they are! MOO.
Good point; possibly, I think you've made an error with the initials. But there are lots of other things the PI could be doing; checking for errors in LE's 'time-line' etc.

Conviently he only 'blocks his memory' when he gets angry; so that's not throughout; he remembers following her, stopping the car, running beside her etc.

Yeah and even if has prior evidence he blocks his memory when he gets angry would a jury be sympathetic? I doubt it, it’d only prove a history of a loose cannon with an out of control temper. Anger is not justified over Mollie asking him to leave her alone or she’d call police, whether he blocked out what he did or not.

Like Rosanne Barr, whose texting cost her a career, they were both under the influence of Ambien at the time. Or, so they claimed. Those Rx drugs can be dangerous. People should stick to the ones God gave us.
My sister has freaked me out while on Ambien. She also had a beer with it. She said and did things that was weird. I don't want to give him any excuses, however I saw Ambien in action...freaky.

I am afraid we may see an Incredible Hulk defense. Remember Dr David Banner? "Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry". I halfway expect his attorney to say he suffered some gamma radiation overdose or something equally believeable. JMO (and not entirely serious, but you get my point)

I sense this is more about bull defecation than bull fornication. JMO

Thus is a true story, and happened almost 50 years ago. I suspect that the very enthustatic and gung-ho lady Vet student was set up by her male fellow Vet students. She wanted to be involved, and I suspect that one of them prematurely fired the electrical prod up the sedated bull's rear, to put her in her place. This would be about right for LSU macho farmboy humor at the time.

No, I was not there to see it happen, but I have no reason to disbelieve the PhD who told me the crude version of the story. The way he would laugh whenever he told this story made me believe HE was there when it happened. And it would have been his sick sense of humor to have pulled something like this.

Thus is a true story, and happened almost 50 years ago. I suspect that the very enthustatic and gung-ho lady Vet student was set up by her male fellow Vet students. She wanted to be involved, and I suspect that one of them prematurely fired the electrical prod up the sedated bull's rear, to put her in her place. This would be about right for LSU macho farmboy humor at the time.

No, I was not there to see it happen, but I have no reason to disbelieve the PhD who told me the crude version of the story. The way he would laugh whenever he told this story made me believe HE was there when it happened. And it would have been his sick sense of humor to have pulled something like this.

No, I was calling BS on the "helped bulls fornicate" defense, not your story...

Last edited:
Yeah and even if has prior evidence he blocks his memory when he gets angry would a jury be sympathetic? I doubt it, it’d only prove a history of a loose cannon with an out of control temper. Anger is not justified over Mollie asking him to leave her alone or she’d call police, whether he blocked out what he did or not.
I think his status as an 'illegal immigrant' has something to do with it; if Mollie had called the police; CR would have been detained; deported; he wouldn't be able to see his daughter. Would a jury be 'sympathetic', on what we know, 'No', but with 'medical evidence' maybe.

No, I was calling BS on the "helped bulls fornicate" defense...

Oh, OK! Never mind.....

But, you know when you go in front of the administrative judge for a disability determination for Social Security SDI, they go through your work history and ask you to clarify what, exactly your job(s) were. There is a bookish accountant type fellow (at least at my hearing) who converts it all into numeric codes. I would dearly love to see the look on his face when the judge asks the farm worker with bad wrists to clarity what exactly an assistant to bovine fornication does, then watch as the coder franticly flipped through his book to find the correct code (I'm sure there is one) and the discussion to clarify which code exactly should be used......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3