Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I think he meant he blacked out, as in he didn't remember what happened during that time. Not that he blocked it from his memory, although he may have tried to. Imo

My point is whether fluent, English-speaking says acted in a "blind rage," CBR's "blacked out" or "blocked out" the memory of his evil act - the intent is the same -- not wanting to be accountable for their wrongdoing.

To my knowledge, CBR never suggested somebody else committed this crime, placed Mollie's headphones in his lap, or placed her in his trunk. The admission was CBR's own account of what happened. His defense's creative interpretation doesn't make it false.

I'm also hoping CBR's DNA found on the corn stalks he placed on top of Mollie (to disguise or hide the body). MOO

Thank you for the link to view live on YouTube above! I do not get Court TV. Mollie's case was the one that initially brought me to WS back in July 2018 and I definitely want to watch this trial. Tomorrow is my last day of work (I'm a teacher), so I'll be able to follow this daily!

Sending a lot of love and peace to her family as the trial starts.

Cristhian Rivera trial jury set; openings in Mollie Tibbets case next

Now that a jury has been empaneled, the trial will relocate to the Scott County Courthouse, where it is scheduled to last through the end of next week, although prosecutors said Monday they aren't sure it will take as long as planned to get through evidence and hear planned testimony. Poweshiek County Attorney Bart Klaver and Assistant Attorney General Scott Brown told jurors they have 18 to 20 possible witnesses who could testify once the trial begins.

On Monday, a prosecutor warned prospective jurors that the trial will include graphic evidence that will be emotionally difficult to see and hear, the Associated Press reported.

Prosecutor Scott Brown said the trial will feature photos and testimony about the stab wounds Tibbetts suffered while out for a run.

“We’re going to talk about the violent death of a young girl,” Brown said. “It’s not going to be pleasant.”

He is probably just psychic.
LOL yes.
Yeah, he can just randomly sense when there is a dead girl in the trunk of his car.
He doesn't know how it happens...and then suddenly, a corn field appears.
Totally believable.
Maybe the trunk opened on it's own and she levitated to the corn field..and he placed corn stalks on top of her out of respect...right?

Wednesday, May 19th:
*Trial begins (Day 1) (@ 8am CT) – IA – Mollie Cecilia Tibbetts (20) (July 18, 2018, Brooklyn; found Aug. 21, 2018) – *Cristhian Bahena Rivera aka John Budd (24/now 26) arrested (8/21/18), charged (8/22/18) & arraigned (9/19/18) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $5M cash only bond.
ICE logged an immigration detainer on Rivera. Confessed to killing Mollie.
Trial began on 5/17/21 with jury selection & ended 5/18/21. Trial started on 5/19/21 (thru 5/28/21). Trial moved from Poweshiek County to Scott County in Davenport. 12 jurors & 3 alternates (8 women & 7 men).

Court hearings from 8/22/18 thru 5/13/21 & Jury selection (Day 1) 5/17/21 reference post #755 here:
Found Deceased - IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #47

5/18/21 Tuesday, Day 2 of Jury Selection: The selected 24 from Monday will be part of the final jury pool; need 37 for final pool for more questions. 13 to go for final pool. Questioning from Asst. AG Scott Brown for 3rd group largely the same as yesterday. Focusing on jurors’ thoughts of reasonable doubt, scientific evidence, circumstantial evidence, etc. Defense Attorney Chad Frese largely had the same line of questioning as previous groups. Jury has been selected. Opening statements begin tomorrow morning, 5/19/21.

A fair trial, yes. Smoke and mirrors to distort the truth, absolutely NOT! He should have been on trial, ASAP, no “special rules,” no creative profiling of the jury, no inappropriate questions of the jury behind closed doors. If the questions can’t be asked in public, maybe the questions are overreaching and indecent. The questions should not be allowed. A young woman is dead. A confession was made. This should be justice, not a circus.

He arrogantly snarles in court when answering questions and in his mugshot. You don’t need an interpreter to see that.

Is the court balanced? Is the court working just as hard for justice for the victim and for the protection of citizens? If not, it is a lopsided trial.

The prosecutor and Bahena Rivera’s defense lawyer chose the eight men and seven women — 12 jurors and three alternates — from a pool of 183 prospective jurors after questioning them on their knowledge of the case, their opinions of his guilt and other subjects… the trial will take place 100 miles from the crime”.
Jury picked for man's trial in 2018 slaying of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts

A fair trial, yes. Smoke and mirrors to distort the truth, absolutely NOT! He should have been on trial, ASAP, no “special rules,” no creative profiling of the jury, no inappropriate questions of the jury behind closed doors. If the questions can’t be asked in public, maybe the questions are overreaching and indecent. The questions should not be allowed. A young woman is dead. A confession was made. This should be justice, not a circus.

He arrogantly snarles in court when answering questions and in his mugshot. You don’t need an interpreter to see that.

Is the court balanced? Is the court working just as hard for justice for the victim and for the protection of citizens? If not, it is a lopsided trial.
I doubt there were “inappropriate questions of the jury behind closed doors” with judge, prosecuting & defense attorneys present. The jury pool/public has the right to answer questions behind closed doors. If a potential juror is asked if he/she has ever been stalked/raped/attacked the answer should not be expected to be displayed to the world. If it were, you’d have jurors lying & verdicts overturned. This protects the potential juror and the trial investment. It’s standard procedure to allow sensitive questions to be answered privately.

Why does this remind me of the trial in San Francisco for Kate Stinle?

Shooting of Kate Steinle - Wikipedia.

The perpetrator, José Inez García Zárate, also an "undocumented person", said that he found a gun, picked it up, and it "accidentally" went off. He was found, "Not Guilty". And subsequent federal charges, he was found "Not Competent" to stand trial.

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Mollie was running a usual route 380th Avenue the night of July 18th. She was a no-show at work the next morning.
8:59 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
Klaver lays out timeline of disappearance of #MollieTibbetts, including her run and failing to show up the work the next day and the five-week search for her.
@KCCINews
8:59 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Talks about agents poring over surveillance video, including Logan Collins' surveillance video prosecutors say shows Bahena Rivera's black Chevy Malibu. "That's a common make and model, but this one was unique. This vehicle non-standard rims, it had chrome mirrors..."
@KCCINews
9:02 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Klaver mentions bringing Bahena Rivera in for an interview with (now ex-) Iowa City PD Ofc Pamela Romero. Says he admitted to driving the car but denied knowing about #MollieTibbetts' disappearance, but after being shown still photo of car he relented @KCCINews #BahenaRiveraTrial
9:04 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Klaver lays out timeline of disappearance of #MollieTibbetts, including her run and failing to show up the work the next day and the five-week search for her.
@KCCINews

Talks about agents poring over surveillance video, including Logan Collins' surveillance video prosecutors say shows Bahena Rivera's black Chevy Malibu. "That's a common make and model, but this one was unique. This vehicle non-standard rims, it had chrome mirrors..."@KCCINews
9:02 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Investigators say they found #MollieTibbetts' body "decomposed beyond all recognition" stabbed multiple times.@KCCINews
9:07 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Klaver says DNA evidence shows blood of #MollieTibbetts in Bahena Rivera's trunk.@KCCINews
9:08 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Klaver: "Ladies and gentlemen, when you examine this evidence together. There can be no other conclusion other than the defendant killed #MollieTibbetts"
@KCCINews
9:09 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members