Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
Defense defers opening statements and we are into the first witness, Blake Jack, brother of #MollieTibbetts' boyfriend, Dalton Jack. She was dog-sitting at their house before she disappeared.@KCCINews
9:10 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Blake Jack on the stand. Appears there are microphone issues in the courthouse, leading to a 10 min recess.@KCCINews

9:12 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Shannon Moudy on Twitter:
Taking ten minute recess to resolve mic issues. Some jurors sitting in the back in what is usually the public seating. Judge wants to make sure they can hear.
9:12 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

We are back. Assistant @AGIowa Scott Brown questioning Blake Jack.@KCCINews
9:30 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Asking witness Blake Jack about where he lives, who lived there in summer 2018. Then-fiancee, brother Dalton, and Mollie Tibbetts lived in his Brooklyn home that July.
9:31 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"We ate dinner together, got to know her pretty well, got to know her family," Jack says.
9:34 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
The week of July 16th, Blake Jack was often at a job site in Newton, Iowa and his fiancée was working in Ames. He'd often visit her there during that week.
9:35 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
The week of July 16th, Blake Jack was often at a job site in Newton, Iowa and his fiancée was working in Ames. He'd often visit her there during that week.
9:35 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"That week I stayed those two days with my wife in Ames." Plan was for Mollie to watch the dogs, brother Dalton was traveling to Dubuque, Blake learned that Monday.
9:37 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"That week I stayed those two days with my wife in Ames." Plan was for Mollie to watch the dogs, brother Dalton was traveling to Dubuque, Blake learned that Monday.
9:37 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Blake Jack says last time he last saw Mollie was Monday, July 16.
9:38 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Mollie wasn't there when he left that morning. She would also stay at her mother's across town.
9:39 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Blake Jack says his brother called him asking to check in on #MollieTibbetts, because he hadn't heard from her and she didn't call in for work (at a daycare in Grinnell).@KCCINews
9:42 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Brother Dalton called to ask Blake to check in with Mollie. She hadn't shown up to work and hadn't called in.
9:43 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Blake called her cell with no answer. This was Thursday the 19th.
9:44 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
As he pulled into Brooklyn after returning from his job site out of town, "two of her friends were looking for her, kind of flagged me down" to ask if he'd seen her. They were driving just around the corner from his home.
9:44 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Nothing unusual in the home. "I just walked in the door. We don't lock the doors in our small town."
9:45 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brown: Did you notice anything unusual in the house? Any broken locks, any broken windows? Blake Jack: No @kccinews
9:46 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Blake went to some neighbors' homes to ask if they'd seen Mollie. Asked one neighbor, Nate Hopwood, about security cameras. Hopwood said they weren't working.
9:48 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"Other kids just kept showing up" looking for Mollie, Blake says. They contacted law enforcement after their short search. Worried Mollie may have been caught in the storm. Tried calling her numerous times, "Facebook, Snapchat, everything."
9:49 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Klaver asks if Blake noticed anything unusual about relationship between Dalton and Mollie week of July 16th. "I don't think she'd be staying in our house if they weren't getting along."
9:51 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Jennifer Frese for defense questions Blake Jack.
9:53 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Says he was a little nervous for Dalton when he heard he couldn't reach Mollie, but didn't think anything was really wrong.
9:53 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"She was always attached to her phone" and was conscientious about showing up to work at the daycare.
9:54 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese asks about location services on Snapchat. Friends tried to determine where Mollie was on that feature.
9:55 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Blake was interviewed a few times starting July 20th. Was not given a DNA swab, but did turn over his phone.
9:57 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese asks if Dalton and Blake are avid hunters.
9:57 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"I would assume it's not unusual for your home to have guns you hunt with," Frese says. Asking about hunting knives as well.
9:58 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"Mollie and Dalton did have their problems, was that right?" Frese asks. "Not that I'm aware of." Frese asks about Dalton cheating and having anger problems.
9:59 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Frese: Mollie & Dalton did have problems, right? There were issues with him cheating on her with another woman? Blake Jack: Not that I'm aware of (to either Q). I'm sure he wouldn't be the first 18yo to cheat on his girlfriend.
@kccinews
10:00 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
State calls Dalton Jack.
10:00 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dalton works for the U.S. Army.

[URL='https://twitter.com/ShannonMoudyTV/status/1395032149812817923']10:02 AM · May 19, 2021
·Twitter for iPhone

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Started dating Mollie Tibbetts his senior year, she was one grade below him.
10:04 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dalton Jack says he dated #MollieTibbetts for 3 years with no breakups, as prosecution shows senior photo of Tibbetts taken by Jack. @kccinews
#BahenaRiveraTrial
10:06 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App
[/URL]

Frese: Mollie & Dalton did have problems, right? There were issues with him cheating on her with another woman? Blake Jack: Not that I'm aware of (to either Q).

WTF? Does Frese have evidence of this? Is the defense claim going to be that Mollie's bf killed her?

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dalton still remembers the phone number Mollie had in July 2018. Recites it for court.
10:08 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Says Mollie was "bubbly, liked to have fun."
10:08 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
She'd run a mile to six miles every evening.
10:09 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Wednesday, July 18th Dalton was working in Dubuque.
10:10 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
His construction job required a lot of travel, overnight stays. Burlington, Des Moines, etc.
10:11 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Left that Monday, the 16th, for that job. Drove his personal vehicle and gave a ride to a coworker. They arrived at 5:30/6 am that Monday.
10:13 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
State is establishing that others from the construction crew were with Dalton in Dubuque that week.
10:13 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dalton communicated with Mollie that week, on text or Snapchat "depending on what I was doing."
10:14 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Wednesday, July 18th: Dalton recalls exactly what stage of bridge repair his crew was on. Got back to hotel around 6 pm.
10:16 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"Did you go back to Brooklyn?" "No." "Would you have had a chance to do that?" "No."
10:16 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
He sent Mollie a Snapchat that evening and got a response, the last Snapchat she'd send. He opened it the next morning after going to bed fairly early.
10:18 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dalton Jack says he sent #MollieTibbetts a Snapchat on July 18th. Got a snapchat late in the evening, opened the Snap the next day.@kccinews
#BahenaRiveraTrial
10:18 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Sent her "the same good morning message I always sent" on July 19th. Got no response.
10:21 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Opened last Snapchat from Mollie at 10:30 pm on July 18th. Doesn't remember when he got that Snap, but it could have been before 10:30 as Snapchat saves messages until they're opened.
10:23 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
It "appeared she was in the living room" of Blake's home in the Snap.
10:24 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dalton Jack says he had no plans to come back home Thursday from his worksite out of town. Says he received a worrisome call from one of her daycare coworkers at 4:30 in the afternoon of July 19. Contacted #MollieTibbetts & everyone he could think of.@kccinews
10:26 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Taking 15 minute break here.
10:26 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Frese: Mollie & Dalton did have problems, right? There were issues with him cheating on her with another woman? Blake Jack: Not that I'm aware of (to either Q).

WTF? Does Frese have evidence of this? Is the defense claim going to be that Mollie's bf killed her?
I know, right!

If I was on that jury, that would have angered me. Came off like a cheap shot.

I’ve never heard of a defense lawyer deferring their opening statement. Why would you do that? To be able to see the prosecution’s whole case before you talk about yours? Seems a bit unfair.
Frese questioning as to Mollie’s boyfriend cheating on her or them having problems seems pretty out there. Just stirring the water. Distasteful approach.
I don’t see how the brothers hunting and owning guns matters. Mollie was not shot. Stirring the waters again, trying to muddy things up.

I know, right!

If I was on that jury, that would have angered me. Came off like a cheap shot.
As a defense attorney, I can say I would never make that statement unless I have a clear path that I am going to take with it later on. So that is why I am asking, is it going to be their theory that the bf killed Mollie? The distance/timeline almost makes that impossible.

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dalton explains why and how he left the job site to go home to Brooklyn. He was honest with his boss, he says, and said his girlfriend was missing. Says a crowd, officer was on the lawn when he got home.
10:46 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Didn't get voicemail when he called Mollie.
10:47 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dalton says he and Blake drove around the night he got home to look, then were part of "more organized" search the next day.
10:48 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Defense cross-exam.
10:48 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Chad Frese asks how long Dalton has been in the Army. October 2018 - three months after Mollie's disappearance/death. Says he just wanted to get away for a while as he was heartbroken. He wanted to marry her.
10:50 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Chad goes right to possible inconsistent story of Dalton's night in Dubuque the 18th.
10:50 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Testimony today was he "drank beer, played yard games" with coworkers. Chad says Dalton told police on the 19th he was in his hotel room watching movies.
10:51 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese asking about more statements to police, how bed was tousled and that Dalton reportedly said it was "ironic because Mollie was the last one in it."
10:52 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese asks about 10:30 Snapchat and timeframe of when Mollie was last seen, Dalton went to bed.
10:53 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Defense attorney Chad Frese now questioning Dalton Jack. Trying to point out inconsistencies in Jack's police interviews versus testimony today.@kccinews
10:53 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"Do you recall telling the agents that on that night you showered and you watched Rush Hour 1?" Speaking of night of July 18th.
10:55 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Showing Dalton the report of that interview.
10:55 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"You also told officers on that same interview information you withheld before...that information was that you had a relationship with another woman."
10:56 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dalton says he didn't think it was "pertinent to the case." Chad Frese: "You didn't think it was pertinent that you had an affair on your one true love?" "I was 19 years old."
10:57 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese: "This relationship...tell us how it evolved. How'd it start?" "I don't remember." "You started Snapchatting her, right?"
10:58 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dalton says he doesn't know why he did this. "Why does anyone do anything that's wrong?"
10:59 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Says he did want a relationship with this woman. It was late 2017/early 2018; Frese confronting Dalton about not remembering dates minutes ago in testimony.
11:00 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Frese asked if Jack withheld information to police about having an affair with another woman. Jack says yes. "You didn't deem it pertinent?" "I was 19 years old." Says he and #MollieTibbetts got past it.@KCCINews

Frese: "Mollie was upset that you cheated on her, correct?" "Yes."@kccinews
#BahenaRiveraTrial

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"Were you not telling ______ you were going to break up with Mollie?" "I do not recall." (I'm not naming this woman as she hasn't been called as witness.)
11:02 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dalton was having a sexual relationship with this woman. Mollie found out by going through Dalton's phone "while I was asleep." Frese says the woman told Mollie about the relationship.
11:03 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Chad Frese asking about "mysterious man" Dalton told police about on July 27th. Says the man was in all black, walking by the house.
11:05 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

:mad::mad::mad: (I understand that it's the job of the defense to sow doubt but this is infuriating!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leenaa