Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So please tell me how Dalton stepping out on Mollie at the beginning of their relationship, that Mollie knew about and got past, somehow exonerates Rivera of murder. I don’t understand why the judge allowed that line of questioning. The defense is worse than I thought they would be.

So please tell me how Dalton stepping out on Mollie at the beginning of their relationship, that Mollie knew about and got past, somehow exonerates Rivera of murder. I don’t understand why the judge allowed that line of questioning. The defense is worse than I thought they would be.
It is a risky strategy for sure. Essentially we are seeing that the defense theory is that the bf killed Mollie, or that someone did it on his behalf? Not sure. It is sort of a "witness shaming" tactic that you normally try to steer away from if you can unless you have real evidence to back it up. You burn up all your credibility with the jury instantly.

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dalton turned over his phone for examination. Says he hasn't seen report of what was found.
11:06 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Looks like we may see that report but having tech issues.
11:06 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese is really hitting on inconsistencies in Dalton's statements to police and also inconsistencies in his testimony today. This was alluded to during jury questioning when Frese asked potential jurors if they would be suspicious of a person who didn't tell consistent stories.
11:08 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
He repeatedly asked potential jurors "How do you know someone is lying?" Inconsistent stories came up quite a bit in answers, along with body language, eye contact, demeanor.
11:09 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"It's your testimony that on July 18th that you texted her that morning? 'Good morning, beautiful.'" "Yes." "Do you recall texting her around dinner time? 'Did you have a better day today?'" "I don't recall."
11:12 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Chad Frese asks about Dalton not recalling the day the love of his life went missing. This was another thing alluded to in jury questioning.
11:12 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

To create doubt that it may have been her boyfriend and not their client

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"Every detail of the case I've wanted admitted from me because I don't want to know," Dalton says when he's asked whether he knows about the time of day Mollie may have been abducted.
11:13 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese asking about Monday/Tuesday Dalton was working in Dubuque. Says someone sprayed his car with sealant on one of those days; he was so mad he wanted to quit but Mollie talked him out of it.
11:15 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Frese asks who sprayed the vehicle; Dalton doesn't recall. "It was a Hispanic gentleman, wasn't it?" "Yes."
11:16 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"You have no recollection of texting Mollie at 8:18 pm on the 18th saying, 'My data straight up won't work.'" Frese really trying to hit on this timeline of when Mollie and Dalton last communicated. Now talking about "Find my iPhone" feature.
11:18 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dalton says he couldn't use that feature with Mollie's phone. Doesn't remember a reason he'd be on that feature the 18th.
11:18 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Now asking about Progressive app, which tracks driving habits.
11:19 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"You're telling me your vehicle on July 18th, that night, was not on the move?"
11:20 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Asks if there's any reason Dalton would be using Apple Maps late on the 18th. He says not that he can think of except he doesn't close his apps regularly.
11:21 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"Do you consider yourself to have a temper?" "Not anymore." Says he had a temper when he was 16/17.
11:22 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"It was not good. Short-fused." "Liked to fight?" "Yes." Objection for improper character evidence sustained.
11:23 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
"Three days before Mollie went missing, she told you she was upset and sad because of your relationship with Jordan, correct?" "Yes." @kccinews
#BahenaRiveraTrial
11:24 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"There's another woman you had at least some conversations with?" "Yes...simultaneous to starting relationship with Mollie."
11:25 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Is the prosecution not objecting to this witness bashing because they are trying to show the jury this doesn’t matter(if we act like it’s not a big deal, it will seem like not a big deal; if we make too much of it they will think it’s important)?
Maddening to watch the defense attorneys tearing the kid apart and embarrassing him while their killer client sits there blank faced.

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Asking about a text message from a girl "'Dalt, is Mollie alive?' [...] You'd agree that's an odd question to ask someone." Don't recall the messages, Dalton says.
11:27 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"When I was asked if I wanted to be here voluntarily, I said absolutely not. [...] I didn't want to be in the same room as your defendant."
11:28 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Re-direct: Dalton and Scott Brown communicated while he was deployed in Iraq.
11:29 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Iowa Asst. Attorney General Scott Brown, that is.
11:30 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

(Sorry for the delay - my computer objected to the defense's line of questioning and bumped me off!)

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Says he doesn't want to be in the room with Bahena Rivera. "I'm obviously not his biggest fan. [...] I wholeheartedly believe he's guilty."
11:31 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dalton says 10-12 people on the construction crew in Dubuque knew him. He had to use Maps to get to the site and phone keeps his trips in its memory.
11:32 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Brown asking about Dubuque job. "Bottom line, Mr. Jack. Did you ever come home [...] did you ever come back to Brooklyn, Iowa?" "I did not."
11:33 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Did he really just say he did not want to be there to fight for mollie?

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Re-cross: Frese asks if it bothered Dalton that Mollie may have left him or moved in with friends instead of him. "It would bother anyone, but yes." Says he was angry she was going back on plans to move in together in October.
11:37 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dalton likely to be re-called by defense, Frese says.
11:38 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
State calls Patrol Deputy Matthew Simpson of Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office.
11:39 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member