Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This line of questioning irks me. Again throwing a hint of suspicion toward her boyfriend.

Agreed. As stated by others, the jurors are not going to typically like that. The female attorney is brutal to watch as well. Her overall demeanor is cringeworthy. I think it bothers me even more as it reminds me of someone and I can't put my finger on who it is.

I'll take a wild guess and assume they deserve each other. Just my opinion

Agreed. As stated by others, the jurors are not going to typically like that. The female attorney is brutal to watch as well. Her overall demeanor is cringeworthy. I think it bothers me even more as it reminds me of someone and I can't put my finger on who it is.

Lol -- I'm convinced that the female defense attorney's demeanor is cringeworthy to CBR too!

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
We're back. Frese and Scott are going through more evidence she tested for DNA. Seems like he's going down every item she tested.
3:52 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
Frese being thorough about each item Scott tested.
@KCCINews #BahenaRiveraTrial
3:53 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Most mixtures of DNA found in the Malibu trunk could not yield a DNA profile or even say male/female. Frese asks about the sample of the trunk that did have Mollie's DNA (one out of 8.2 nonillion referenced above) that was a mixture of three DNA samples.
3:54 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Scott says she could not exclude or include CBR in that sample.
3:54 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Re-direct. Scott Brown asks how Mollie Tibbetts' own DNA couldn't be found in the swab from her thighs. Scott says DNA can be weakened by UV rays, soil, other factors.
3:56 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter Scott says there was only one source for that blood: #MollieTibbetts" / Twitter
Brown points out the stain from the trunk seal. Scott says there was only one source for that blood: #MollieTibbetts
3:57 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
More from defense. Frese asks if anything about that trunk sample could tell us how it got there. Scott: "No."
3:58 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
That's it for today and the week. Recess until Monday at 8:30 am. Judge is now reminding jury their oath remains over the weekend.
4:00 PM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Judge reminding about Memorial Day weekend travels/ outings/ social gatherings, etc & to avoid all conversation, reading, watching- anything related to this case/trial. That’s all tall order- all over news everywhere!

I think I would be more okay with the boyfriend being mentioned IF there was even a tiny bit of any type of evidence that he had a reason to, wanted to, was abusive to, had a history of abusing, or even was in the same town or hell within an hour of the town when this happened. There is just ZERO evidence that he would have or even could have done anything to her. He is a victim in this. It would be similar to asking where her parents were and why didn't they analyze her moms DNA since she stayed there sometimes. The significant other is always the target and that is to be expected until they are ruled out and he clearly was so the defense going after him and throwing these jabs in there is not helping the case and only causing more pain to her loved ones. That is just dirty.

This certainly explains the lack of lots of blood in the car. I can't see him or anyone murdering her on the side of the road because it would be took much time to be seen. It makes more sense he hit her and put her in the trunk. Drove her there and was fighting him some so her shorts came off in one spot, then underwear or they were thrown. I suspected the motive was SA, but they never said that or suggested it till now. I think it is a very common reason to murder a stranger especially man on woman while she is out running. Other things I can recall would be if he accidently hit her with his car and panicked then tried to hide her, but she wouldn't be missing clothing and she wouldn't be stabbed. All my opinions based on other cases I've followed or heard about.
The Female member of the Defence team yesterday went out of her way to state, a number of times, that there was no sexual assault. Wonder why? BTW, she is a former County prosecutor.

This certainly explains the lack of lots of blood in the car. I can't see him or anyone murdering her on the side of the road because it would be took much time to be seen. It makes more sense he hit her and put her in the trunk. Drove her there and was fighting him some so her shorts came off in one spot, then underwear or they were thrown. I suspected the motive was SA, but they never said that or suggested it till now. I think it is a very common reason to murder a stranger especially man on woman while she is out running. Other things I can recall would be if he accidently hit her with his car and panicked then tried to hide her, but she wouldn't be missing clothing and she wouldn't be stabbed. All my opinions based on other cases I've followed or heard about.
On the other hand, corpses don't actively bleed.

Three big things I learned today:
1) The place Mollie’s body was found was really obscured by all the corn. A lot more so than I imagined.
2) When LE initially went into the cornfield to look for her body that morning they could not find it. CBR along with Romero had to go into the cornfield and then CBR pointed out exactly where her body was.
3) Some of Mollie’s clothes, namely her shorts, underwear, and head band were not found on her body.

The Female member of the Defence team yesterday went out of her way to state, a number of times, that there was no sexual assault. Wonder why? BTW, she is a former County prosecutor.
Well, there is no solid evidence of SA. But then again, her shorts and underwear did just fall off. I think clearly the purpose of the attack on Mollie was SA. Whether CBR actually accomplished it or not may never be known.

Three big things I learned today:
1) The place Mollie’s body was found was really obscured by all the corn. A lot more so than I imagined.
2) When LE initially went into the cornfield to look for her body that morning they could not find it. CBR along with Romero had to go into the cornfield and then CBR pointed out exactly where her body was.
3) Some of Mollie’s clothes, namely her shorts, underwear, and head band were not found on her body.
She was a lot further from the road than I thought was well.

So I have a question for anyone that might know about this testing and procedure. If the defense wanted any of these items tested for DNA, blood, seminal fluid, etc. they could have at any time done this correct? Him questioning her as if she somehow didn't test something that she should have that could have proved his client didn't do this is really just to try to show they didn't look for something or I don't know?? He could have requested the testing though right?
Bumping for you. I'm curious about that, too.

So, even if the defense tries to hammer a false confession, how do they explain that CBR led them to Mollie's body? This should be creative.

Really liked the innuendo that the officer made cross contamination in CBR's car. Not! Knew that was coming.

Bumping for you. I'm curious about that, too.
I guess this would depend. Some could, some could not. They a swab from Mollie's thigh. Obviously the defense would not be able to redo this since Mollie was buried before the defense even was appointed. Perhaps the swab still exists and has enough sample to retest. Some items, like the things in the car they could perhaps independently test if they have been properly preserved by the police. Some samples are so small that testing completely destroys the sample, so those can't be retested of course.

Photos of Iowa jogger Mollie Tibbetts' body are shown to jurors | Daily Mail Online

43286591-9605973-image-m-19_1621627742046.jpg

Pictured above is the crime scene tape around the cornstalks where her body was found in 2018
43286817-9605973-image-m-29_1621627983587.jpg

Crime scene photos of a pair of black shorts (pictured above) that were found farther into the cornfield were shown to jurors
43286603-9605973-image-m-30_1621627990993.jpg

Underwear (pictured above in the center) and what appeared to be headband were also shown to jurors

Con't

43286211-9605973-image-m-32_1621628083796.jpg

Pictured above is a crime scene diagram showing where the pieces of discarded clothing were found in relation to Tibbetts' body

43244835-9601259-image-m-4_1621541550342.jpg

Investigators testified that surveillance video showed the ponytail of a woman believed to be Tibbetts passing through a neighborhood moments before a car matching that of Bahena Rivera drove by

43244279-9601259-image-m-6_1621541620474.jpg

The black car above is believed to belong to Bahena Rivera and drove past the surveillance camera moments after Tibbetts was seen, prosecutors said

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/prev...2153883868/636x382_MP4_987685982153883868.mp4

No sexual assault? Or no direct evidence of sexual assault, after five weeks of decomposition?

I’d consider her shorts and panties being found a considerable distance from her body to be circumstantial evidence of sexual assault, or certainly evidence of sexual motivation for the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow