Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court tv says—-
Defense has down to call the girl Molly’s b/f evidently cheated with?
What the?
If the jurors are not already soured by these tactics, I think calling the alleged affair partner is truly going to seal the deal! I can't think of any valid purpose to call this woman other than to humiliate DJ. MOO

If the jurors are not already soured by these tactics, I think calling the alleged affair partner is truly going to seal the deal! I can't think of any valid purpose to call this woman other than to humiliate DJ. MOO
Maybe they’re going to infer she killed Mollie. They’ve suggested everyone else but her parents & Santa Claus- so why not?

It is so ridiculous. He cheated when he was about 18. Who doesn't cheat at that age? Talk about grasping at straws.

How do they explain him being out of town during her murder? And what is his motive? And how did CBR know where her boyfriend hid the body? :rolleyes:

I predict that they make a big deal about the lack of blood in the trunk. And that is a fair point to bring up.

And they will likely bring up a few other 'suspects' and claim LE had tunnel vision. Which won't work because of all the evidence specific to the defendant.

And they will likely bring up race and prejudice and claim it was unfair the way they interrogated him for 11 hours.

But I don't think they have anything to overcome the solid evidence--the videos of the Malibu circling her, her blood in the trunk, his detailed confession, and of course, leading them to her well hidden body.

They might try to make a big deal about the lack of blood in the trunk, but I think that only points to him being a big fat liar about carrying a dead body into the field and her feeling like she had fainted against his body. I think she was alive, he forced her, walking/dragging, into the field, raped her, and then stabbed her. The only clothing of hers that was found away from the body was her shorts and underwear; they were not securely ON her body anymore.

Her Fitbit and phone were never recovered, nor the knife...I think he dumped it all immediately, probably with the blunt instrument

I wonder how much he knows about technology? Most people know a phone can be traced and locations can be followed or pinged. I don't think most know a Fitbit can provide similar data and 3 years ago really wasn't mentioned a lot (at least I didn't hear of it till this case). I wonder if she was alive and talking to him pleading for her life. Maybe she even said my watch tracks my runs, people know where I am.. trying to get him to just leave? Otherwise why would he take her watch off of her unless he knew they could find her location from the watch? He really thought through this if he removed that watch and turned it off and her phone. :(

I agree, I don't see how this helps. If they had to subpoena her it means she refused to testify voluntarily. At best she probably feels guilty about the whole thing and will cry on the stand which is bad for the defense. At worst (for the defense) she'll be a hostile witness and they'll be left to bully a young woman who will just be in staunch contrast to the predator at the defense table.

Court tv says—-
Defense has down to call the girl Molly’s b/f evidently cheated with?
What the?
Very distasteful and disgusting unless they were actively having an affair during this time or even recently in the previous few months. If there were text messages arguing over this woman recently or known contact between him and this woman recently maybe I could see it. He is not a suspect and never was. This is not creating doubt about CBR's guilt, this is just putting salt in wounds and making them look like jerks.

I will be shocked if the defense calls the two expert witnesses used during the evidence suppression hearing when attempting to suppress CBR's confession.

The defense says Bahena was sleep-deprived and therefore couldn't voluntarily or reliably answer police questions but the expert called was immediately discredited after the state determined Dr. Fenn never looked at the actual video of the questioning. Dr. Fenn also alleged CBR would have a massive dose of the stress hormone cortisol -- making him tired but could provide no evidence to substantiate her claim.

And the coercive interrogation expert failed just as miserably! MOO

Nov 2019
Defense witnesses: Cristhian Bahena Rivera was sleep deprived, coerced into confession

Last edited:
I agree, I don't see how this helps. If they had to subpoena her it means she refused to testify voluntarily. At best she probably feels guilty about the whole thing and will cry on the stand which is bad for the defense. At worst (for the defense) she'll be a hostile witness and they'll be left to bully a young woman who will just be in staunch contrast to the predator at the defense table.

So now my wheels are turning. If she was subpoenaed to testify, then when Dalton testified he knew that already. He would have known that the girl he had an affair with was being subpoenaed to testify later. That would be enough to pi$$ me off and sound very annoyed with the defense during my testimony. He did come of a bit hostile and I can understand already why, but even more so now knowing this other girl has to testify. He can see clearly where the defense is going with this and he is mad and rightfully so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams