Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like at least several of those stab wounds would have proven fatal in and of themselves. And it sounds like her sports bra was still in place when the stabbing occurred. Maybe CBR is so quiet about it all because of what he did to her after he killed her...

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
On the vertebrae, there are four different defects on the right side of the neck but Dr. Garvin says this could be caused by a minimum of one stab wound. There's another defect on the left side.
2:57 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dr. Garvin says the wounds to the right her opinion is it's consistent with a shallow slashing.
2:58 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dr. Garvin says she examined all of Tibbetts' bones, both by eye and under microscope.
3:01 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Those wounds look like rage to me. Being a bone he was angry enough to go to the bone. He worked in the fields, I wonder if he lived on the property, if so did anyone see him return? Was he bloody?

Those wounds look like rage to me. Being a bone he was angry enough to go to the bone. He worked in the fields, I wonder if he lived on the property, if so did anyone see him return? Was he bloody?
Ita about the rage- major force to penetrate a skull with a single edge blade, imo. More force than needed for SA. I’m thinking that call, or threat to call, was true & he went ballistic. No idea what CB’s original intent was, but I think murder was result of rage. Jmo. Not sure we’ll ever know.

Ita about the rage- major force to penetrate a skull with a single edge blade, imo. More force than needed for SA. I’m thinking that call, or threat to call, was true & he went ballistic. No idea what CB’s original intent was, but I think murder was result of rage. Jmo. Not sure we’ll ever know.
Agree. A stab strong enough to push the knife through the skull took a lot of force. Honestly starting to wonder if that isn't how he "incapacitated" her on the road.

It seems like at least several of those stab wounds would have proven fatal in and of themselves. And it sounds like her sports bra was still in place when the stabbing occurred. Maybe CBR is so quiet about it all because of what he did to her after he killed her...
I have to agree. I'm thinking he raped her AFTER he killed her. Sickening.

I predict that they make a big deal about the lack of blood in the trunk. And that is a fair point to bring up.

And they will likely bring up a few other 'suspects' and claim LE had tunnel vision. Which won't work because of all the evidence specific to the defendant.

And they will likely bring up race and prejudice and claim it was unfair the way they interrogated him for 11 hours.

But I don't think they have anything to overcome the solid evidence--the videos of the Malibu circling her, her blood in the trunk, his detailed confession, and of course, leading them to her well hidden body.

MAY 24, 2021
WATCH LIVE: Prosecution rests in trial of man accused of killing Iowa college student (ktiv.com)
The prosecution has rested in the case again Cristhian Bahena Rivera, who is accused of killing University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts.

[...]

According to the state medical examiner, Tibbetts was stabbed in the head and neck, specifically, she sustained injuries to the top parts of her spine. The medical examiner said the stabbing could injure a few major arteries in her neck.

Tibbetts was also stabbed several in the chest. In total, the autopsy showed possibly a dozen stab wounds.

[...]

Other than questioning the evidence, the defense raised multiple persons of interest, including those with a supposed history of violence and stalking.

Rivera's Attorney, Chad Frese, brought up supposed text messages were Tibbetts' boyfriend admitted to having anger issues. The prosecution responded by pointing out there's only one person who has admitted to fight with Tibbetts that day and who led them to her body, and that is Rivera.

This shows no hesitation. Pretty organized take down. That is creepy scary.

Sharp-force or stab wound found in left cheek.
1:46 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Another wound near right ear. Consistent with single-edged blade, Dr. Klein says. This wound goes all the way through the skull.
1:49 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
One image showed a penetrative wound in her skull. Klein says it's indicative of a sharp-force injury (knife). @KCCINews #BahenaRiveraTrial
1:50 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
More sharp-force injuries found in cervical vertebrae of the neck.

It is soooooo difficult to look at a photo of Mollie and then read this testimony about what happened to her. I tend to not get emotionally involved in cases, but I really feel for Mollie's family right now, having to hear that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zorboz