Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A wound on the back of her hand...she tried to fight him off.

I am convinced he raped and murdered her in the cornfield. There would have been so much more blood found in the trunk if killed prior.
Maybe some wounds occurred at abduction & others at cornfield. He had to disable her to a degree to get her into that trunk. If conscious, I’d think she’d have tried to escape. Don’t recall year of Malibu, but the glow-in-the-dark trunk releases were installed after a certain year. So guessing she wasn’t conscious? Idk

Me too. For Mollie and her family right now.
Chi
Fly high Mollie
4xjP.gif
Be strong!

So he stabbed her in the back multiple times, then she turns around & he stabs her in chest, neck & head? Or the other way around if she tried to run. Idk if any way to tell which side was stabbed first. One supports blitz predatory attack, the other trigger from alleged threat to call police, imo. Either way horrific.
If he is right handed, he was holding her against with his left arm and stabbing her in her back with his right hand?

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dr. Klein says there are two "defects" in two vertebrae midway up the neck. A blood vessel called the vertebral artery runs through this area right next to one of the wounds.
1:53 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dr. Klein says these wounds are consistent with a stabbing or large slashing.
1:54 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dr. Klein says depending on where the weapon entered the jugular and carotid are also near these injuries.
1:54 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App
A Vertebral artery nick or laceration would be enough to cause a fatal bleed out. The paired vertebral arteries supply the rear part of the brain. I still think MT was dead when CBR loaded her in the trunk. A corpse does not actively bleed. Also, there may have been a plastic or waterproof liner placed in the trunk, explaining the lack of major blood in the trunk.

I think the forensic anthropologist is the next and last witness.

As hard as this has been for all of us to hear, I think of Mollie’s family and those who loved her...unbearable.

Did y’all happen to notice the guy interpreter when they switched out during ME’s report? You couldn’t see his entire face but he looked very upset. Red faced, and it looked like his eyes were teary. I watched him for a while and he was visibly uncomfortable. Couldn’t sit still and avoided the screen where the photos were being shown. Last week he would just calmly sit there and look at his laptop. He was a lot more upset with those photos than the defendant.

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
State calls final witness: Dr. Heather Garvin, associate professor of anatomy with Des Moines University.
2:41 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
We're back with the state's next (possibly final?) witness, Heather Garvin, a forensic anthropologist and associate anatomy professor at @DesMoinesUniv
2:42 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Denise Hnytka on Twitter
State indicates this is it's last witness. Dr. Heather Garvin, forensic anthropologist. @wqad #MollieTibbetts

2:43 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
She's also a board-certified forensic anthropologist.
2:44 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Garvin is board certified as a forensic anthropologist and has a PhD from
@JohnsHopkins @KCCINews #BahenaRiveraTrial
2:44 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Last edited:
Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Assisted on #MollieTibbetts autopsy starting Aug. 22.
2:48 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Started her examination August 23.
2:49 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dr. Garvin says she was missing one tooth, the hyoid bone, and toe toes.
2:52 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

(Tweet should read "toe bones")

Says they were likely not recovered at the scene. They're small and could also have been lost to scavenging animals.
2:52 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dr. Garvin says w/the one penetrating head wound, she couldn't determine if it hit the brain.
2:55 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Nicole Agee on Twitter
She's talking about the injury the jury saw earlier of the "sharp force trauma" (stab wound) to the head.@KCRG
2:56 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Garvin is going through photos of Tibbetts' bones, pointing out stab wounds.
@KCCINews #BahenaRiveraTrial
2:56 PM · May 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

I was wondering why this witness was necessary, but now I see it's to speak to neck injuries like CBR indicated she had.

Why is this something the regular medical examiner didn't find (or at least didn't talk about)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zorboz