Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dr. Spence says he didn't request any independent testing of those items.
9:22 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brown asks about the blood stain on the trunk seal. Dr. Spence says he "agrees fully" that the stain was #MollieTibbetts blood.
9:25 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dr. Spence says it was in Scott's report that this was a single source - only Mollie's DNA in that blood. "There's no doubt that was from her, could've been from an injury."
9:28 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brown: "And that would associate Mollie Tibbetts' presence inside the trunk?" "I think there's potential for that."
9:28 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dr. Spence says it's logical, reasonable that Mollie was injured inside the trunk.
9:29 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dr. Spence agrees it's "pertinent" to look at statements made by the driver of the Malibu.
9:30 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dr. Spence says the presence of unknown female (and male) DNA says there's no way to say if that means that person was in the trunk. It could have transferred off another item put in the trunk.
9:31 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Brown: "Drawing your conclusions about this case beyond DNA you have to look at all the evidence in the case?" Dr. Spence: "Yes, for all the cases I've worked on, you want to look at everything." Says his role in the case is to look at the forensic biology and DNA.
9:33 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dr. Spence says DNA is "very resistant" to heat, but sunlight, moisture, other factors can dilute DNA. Says Tibbetts' body being in the field for weeks would "have a tendency to degrade DNA to be out in the environment, exposed in that fashion. To remove all DNA, not likely."
9:36 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
Brown: "Would you agree that heat, elements degrade DNA?" Spence: DNA is very resistant to heat, but it's not the best for it. Moisture, sunlight also bad.
@KCCINews #bahenariveratrial
9:34 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Those back stabs indicate to me that she was able, despite unthinkable injury, to break away, only to be tackled from behind.

Nightmare doesn't begin to contain it.

JMO
I agree. I also believe he deliberately let her go only to capture her again. (Cat and mouse.) I'm wonder if each time that's where a piece of clothing was ripped from her. Thus why clothing was 24 feet apart etc...

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Re-direct. Frese asking about that single source of blood on the trunk seal.
9:37 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Dr. Spence agrees it was a single source (Mollie's blood). Now onto the fabric liner, he says there appeared to be more than one source on one cutting. Says there appears to be male DNA.
9:39 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

"It wouldn't be useful unless we have another reference sample or more than one reference sample to do comparisons." - Had CBR's buccal swab to compare.
9:39 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Jennifer Frese is pointing out that there weren't buccal swabs from other potential suspects to compare to that unknown DNA.
9:40 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
Brown: Would you expect another person's DNA in the trunk of a well-used car? Spence: It wouldn't be a surprise @KCCINews #bahenariveratrial
9:40 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"It wouldn't be a surprise to find other sources of DNA on various surfaces of a vehicle," Dr. Spence says on re-cross when Brown asks about finding DNA in a "well-used" car.
9:41 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

"It surprises me they didn't do a comparison in this instance they only had two references."
9:42 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brown: #MollieTibbetts blood is inside the trunk. Dr. Spence: "Apparently, yes." 10 min break here as Dr. Spence is excused.
9:43 AM · May 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member