Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if one juror does believe his story, hopefully the others will be able to talk some sense into him/her.

What I believe is happening, is a "jury split nullification". The defense is playing "identity politics". That is why the defense has accused people of direct and indirect racism. The "goal" is to get people on the jury to buy into this...and react based on identity.

It is disappointing. Let's hope it doesn't work.

well Mr. prosecutor better have a great logical closing tomorrow that shuts down the sweatered ninja crop circle show.
And then it goes to the jury.
Good get it out to them tomorrow so they can decide before the holiday.
I think they already know what us decieded

So if two men forced him to kidnap and sexually assault MT, why didn't they just kill him? There would be no reason to let him live after he had kidnapped MT. The story doesn't hold any water.
He claimed he himself was kidnapped and was forced to be the driver. He didn't say they forced him to assault her. The jury is meant to believe the kidnappers assaulted and killed her.

They pointed a gun at him, but nothing "serious." They just threatened to kill his family, his baby's mother, and his daughter.

Then they left him there with his keys and phone, instead of leaving him stranded with the body, hoping someone would see him and he'd be tied to the murder.

But yeah, they just could have killed him.

He claimed he himself was kidnapped and was forced to be the driver. He didn't say they forced him to assault her. The jury is meant to believe the kidnappers assaulted and killed her.

They pointed a gun at him, but nothing "serious." They just threatened to kill his family, his baby's mother, and his daughter.

Then they left him there with his keys and phone, instead of leaving him stranded with the body, hoping someone would see him and he'd be tied to the murder.

But yeah, they just could have killed him.
He needs to listen to his statement on the stand

I logged out early, because I didn't want to listen to some bs story sprung at the last minute. I'm rural Nebraska, and similar to Iowa, we use logic. First, no one in Iowa or Nebraska wears sweaters except for going out on the town, and we certainly wouldn't wear sweatshirts in July. If this was the truth, why did it take 2 years to tell? Thankfully, I shut off news, drove to town, had a burger & beer (appropos that Queens Bohemian Rhaposdy was playing when I checked in - Mama, I killed a man... but now I've thrown it all away). I can't see a single juror that was swayed by that story. We are honest, and accepting of all of us in the communities - we don't play racist games. So I think this is the defense chance for an appeal upon conviction, As in - Your Honor, my client said 2 other people killed Molly Tibbets and the law never followed up or investigated this!

And if they've already killed one person, why leave a witness to that murder with just the hope that he won't tell anyone? If they can come and go so easily, why not leave them both dead in the cornfield before disappearing into the ether?
Because Jennifer Frese (i.e., leading her witness) made sure CBR would tell us that CBR was taking his Encounter of the 3rd Kind to his grave-- never planned to speak of it again. Or until he felt pangs of mercy for Mollie's parents -- given how he also has a daughter. :rolleyes:

I don't think he really understood the ramifications of changing his story

Well as a juror , it would anger me that the perp has chosen this path.
Any language or immigrant mercy I had even entertained would zap from my mind, pronto. It’s a ridiculous story - obviously supported and scripted by his representation. DUH. The female defense was WAY over the line today. Yep they are driving this crazy machine IMO. Who knows trying to get a “small win” in their legal profile.
Perp is not that smart ! obviously!!!
He spilled the TRUTH to a LE detective woman who befriended him.
He led her to the body!

MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads