Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as a juror , it would anger me that the perp has chosen this path.
Any language or immigrant mercy I had even entertained would zap from my mind, pronto. It’s a ridiculous story - obviously supported and scripted by his representation. DUH. The female defense was WAY over the line today. Yep they are driving this crazy machine IMO. Who know trying to get a “small win” in their legal profile.
Perp is not that smart ! obviously!!!
He spilled the TRUTH to a LE detective woman who befriended him.
He led her to the body!

MOO

I just don’t understand putting your client up there and having him say directly to the jury that he is a liar.

Even for innocent people, for witnesses in civil cases, you spend a lot of time thinking about the credibility of your witness. If your guy comes off like a jerk, you may try to get another witness. If your defendant is unruly and unlikable, you strongly remind him of his absolute right to not provide testimony and to focus on the state’s case.

So it’s just bizarre to me that they couldn’t convince him to do a softer SODDI defense. CR does not strike me as a dominant forceful leader (wasn’t there a lot of character testimony about how he’s soft and quiet?) that would bully his attorneys and ignore their advice.

In my own practice the clients I have to tussle with are the arrogant dominant types that even when they need help and are paying dearly for help, need to be in charge. It is rare that someone will just outright say they are doing the opposite of what I suggest. You hire your attorneys for a reason - you trust their judgment, you like their plan, you get along.

I can just imagine the Ninjas plotting the murder.

Ninja1: Sounds good, but the only thing is, we don't have a vehicle.

Ninja 2: We'll just kidnap someone and make him be the driver.

Ninja 1: Sounds like a plan!
Absolutely. It’s so much better to kidnap somebody to drive us to murder somebody. We certainly wouldn’t want to steal a car.

The lawyers were obviously prepared with the questions they asked him and how organized the testimony was. He didn’t change his story and make it up on the stand. This was planned and rehearsed.

Right. And earlier I’d complained that establishing that the Jack brothers owned guns, right at the start of the trial, wasn’t relevant. But today it became obvious that they’d been setting up his story from the beginning.

Is anyone else concerned that this case might be higher profile than we know with racially motivated dirty hands pulling strings?

… thus supporting this ridiculous story that came out of nowhere?
I am concerned about that. Notice the way they ended their testimony about Dalton with CBR's baby mom, labelling Dalton as a known racist. ..for one example

Absolutely. It’s so much better to kidnap somebody to drive us to murder somebody. We certainly wouldn’t want to steal a car.
Yes, we will order him to drive us to murder somebody. We will let him witness the murder, but won't harm him.
But if he threatens to tell anyone, we will murder his baby.

Yet another big hole in CBR’s “Ninja Story.” If someone points a gun at you… it IS serious. It is a major moment! If it really happened to him, CBR would remember how it felt. IMO

Any normal person, experienced in guns or not, would be like, “Whoa! OK man. I’ll do what you want. Just stop pointing that thing at me!”

I can just imagine the Ninjas plotting the murder.

Ninja1: Sounds good, but the only thing is, we don't have a vehicle.

Ninja 2: We'll just kidnap someone and make him be the driver.

Ninja 1: Sounds like a plan!

Obviously, neither of the ninjas knew how to drive. That’s why they had to kidnap a driver, and that’s why they couldn’t kill him and drive the car back to wherever they came from.

I just don’t understand putting your client up there and having him say directly to the jury that he is a liar.

Even for innocent people, for witnesses in civil cases, you spend a lot of time thinking about the credibility of your witness. If your guy comes off like a jerk, you may try to get another witness. If your defendant is unruly and unlikable, you strongly remind him of his absolute right to not provide testimony and to focus on the state’s case.

So it’s just bizarre to me that they couldn’t convince him to do a softer SODDI defense. CR does not strike me as a dominant forceful leader (wasn’t there a lot of character testimony about how he’s soft and quiet?) that would bully his attorneys and ignore their advice.

In my own practice the clients I have to tussle with are the arrogant dominant types that even when they need help and are paying dearly for help, need to be in charge. It is rare that someone will just outright say they are doing the opposite of what I suggest. You hire your attorneys for a reason - you trust their judgment, you like their plan, you get along.

Powerful info. Thank you.
Upon reading your post, people can conclude possibly better who had this insane plan.

MOO

I imagine they feel proud of themselves—and now we see where guns enter the story—so I’d guess that this was their plan all along.
yes, they dropped in little bread crumbs all the way along.
DJ is a cheater and has a dangerous anger problem. Mollie was planning to move out so she just bought a mattress.
DJ was out of town, but could have returned home because his supervisor was a drunk. And DJ was a racist so that makes CBR his potential victim.

Let's see.

What the defense established

Their client is a liar.

Unknown DNA from the trunk was not tested against all the people. Of the world.

Mollie's blood was in the trunk.

Mollie was in the trunk and CBR removed her from the trunk.

It was his car.

He passed by her multiple times.

He knew what she was wearing.

He was angry. (Per LE questioning and not contested by his defense)

There was a camouflage-handled knife.

Anything I'm missing?

JMO

Mollie's run didn't take her past CBR's trailer, correct? So why would these masked ninjas see her on her running route, which was not by his house, but then somehow decide to go way off track (by foot? by other car?) to find someone to kidnap to drive back toward this woman they saw running? And if these "masked ninjas" saw her running and wanted to do her harm and had no car, I guarantee plenty of cars were nearby her running route that could have been stolen, possibly even sitting unlocked.

I mean if they were going to make up a ludicrous lie, it would have made more sense for him to say he was driving somewhere near her running route and they stopped him at gunpoint while driving and jumped in his car.

Let's see.

What the defense established

Their client is a liar.

Unknown DNA from the trunk was not tested against all the people. Of the world.

Mollie's blood was in the trunk.

Mollie was in the trunk and CBR removed her from the trunk.

It was his car.

He passed by her multiple times.

He knew what she was wearing.

He was angry. (Per LE questioning and not contested by his defense)

There was a camouflage-handled knife.

Anything I'm missing?

JMO
He didn't call police because it "wouldn't look good."

His attorney asked him two different times why he didn't call police and the second time he said because it would look like he was involved.

She had to remind him that he was afraid for his ex-girlfriend's life and the life of his daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member