Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears to me, the defense's story is similar to a hideously directed Made for TV movie. Complete with all the problems of the world.... The Poor Illegal Immigrant working hard for a living in America...The high school drama love-triangle, complete with snapchat sexting....The super duper mysterious Ninja stalkers/murderers, and a Black Malibu with Chrome wheels and mirrors.... Complete with the "all cops are bad" angle...insinuating a hurried arrest by incompetent and 'not the proper dialect' translators who are also racist.
Did I get it all? Geez

But, please just ignore the fact that their client BROUGHT THE POLICE TO MOLLIE'S BODY

And answered "yes" to the State's question, "you are the only person who knew where her body was, right?"

I don't think the State will offer a rebuttal witness to CBR's outlandish 'story'. I think they'll summarize in closing arguments how preposterous it is and that the jury is smart enough to realize it themselves.

MOO
I think so too. That's probably why the prosecution didn't spend much time questioning him about the details. The absurdity of the story speaks for itself.

Although I really would have enjoyed seeing him dig himself into a hole.

I have a feeling the prosecution is going to make him look like a fool in their closing statements. I wonder if we'll ever see a change in his expression.

I missed it when he got emotional when talking about his daughter. Were there any tears? Did it seem genuine?

Last edited:
Yes. I have to walk back my comment about him pulling it out of his you know what. He did do that, but you are correct, it has ben the plan for a long time.

So my question is, why was the prosecution not ready. I get the shock...because I am shocked, but it's their job and they knew the general direction. Were the Sweatered Ninja Twins...I guess that was totally unexpected even for the prosecution?

I bet going forward they will always prepared for this...and call it something like we have...be ready for the Ninja Twin defense.

So, do you all think that it was best for the prosecution to leave it at "why would they need your help?"
Or do you think he should have gone after CBR a little bit?

I know we think it's ridiculous and no one would fall for that...but I just don't have that much confidence in many people being very smart.

Compared to other trials I've watched, there was so little chatter about whether or not the defendant would testify. Nobody had any inkling he would....so much evidence against him, and he supposedly doesn't speak English. I think they were just blindsided that he testified at all.

Now that I have had time to think, this story isn't as far fetched as I thought. I mean, it is, but it fits with the blacking out. CBR must have some semblance of a conscious. He first admitted to everything, but didn't want to talk about the details, hence the blacking out. Now he has come up with another story that pretty much also shows his guilt with the murder cut out again. He is *trying* to confess, he just can't face what he did or have his family know. Or life in prison.

What I don't get is pinning it on someone specifically (DJ..."come on Jack.) Desperate, I guess.

Pretty good assessment, JMO. When a murder suspect brings up "blacking out" during the crime, they're usually lying. Its very rare for someone to actually black out in that kind of situation unless they're extremely drunk, on drugs or have seizure or head injury.

They don't want to admit guilt or as you say, they don't want to talk what they've done.

This long 'rope saga' will hang this Creep.
Waiting to hear, the Cross, continually tightening the noose.
The moment he 'gives up', stumbles, cannot answer. changes stories midway, will be spectacular.
Come On, Come On CR.
They already cross examined him. It didn't take very long. He seemed to be very well rehearsed.

I do think many expected more from the prosecution. I know I did.

Just throwing this out there.....I just listened to the very end of the trial again today, after the jury was dismissed and Bart Klaver agreed that it was fine to go over jury instructions this afternoon "so we're ready to roll for closings tomorrow after we're done...."

Wonder if that means they intend to call some witnesses.

I think so too. That's probably why the prosecution didn't spend much time questioning him about the details. The absurdity of the story speaks for itself.

Although I really would have enjoyed seeing him dig himself into a hole.

I have a feeling the prosecution is going to make him look like a fool in their closing statements. I wonder if we'll ever see a change in his expression.

I missed it when he got emotional when talking about his daughter. Were there any tears? Did it seem genuine?
No tears IIRC. I think CBR is devoid of any type of true emotion and that scares me most of all,

I agree. I don't have a good feeling, even with the Ninja story.

Leaves to many "others" that were not investigated or did not present more details/witnesses. They relied to heavily on being lead to the crime scene.
Moo...

Ignore blood in his trunk.....he led LE to her body....but, maybe it’s all just a coincidence. We have no idea what the Ninjas from the Arias trial have been up to

Doesn't he live in a trailer on the farm ? There are a lot of people on that farm. Nobody saw the ninjas walk up there that day?
Quoting myself ^^^ here..

.I have a lot of relatives with farms in Northern Cali. Grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins all have large farms.

They also have housing for the workers on the edge of the farms. There are lots of people coming and going but there are also preventative measures to protect the equipment from theft.

I have never been to a farm that didn't have roving dogs who made a big scene if strangers tried to sneak on.
Also, most have security cameras to prevent theft by burglars and disgruntled workers. The tools and equipment just sitting around the fields and in the out buildings, are worth many thousands of dollars.

Hearing about this 'ninja home invasion' so late makes it very hard for LE to backtrack and look for witnesses or evidence of this bogus story. But I wonder if they have any interviews from their original canvassing, to what the neighbours said about CBR on that afternoon?

Honestly the witness that gives me the greatest pause is Jamie Slife. While it’s a stretch to think her testimony that she called the tip line is is at all relevant, she’s so sincere and she’s got a point. It’s one hell of a coincidence that Mollie’s remains were found in such disturbingly close proximity to the man she truly believes is responsible.
But how does that connect with CBR? Why would that man get an accomplice and then kidnap CBR , and leave him as a living witness to the murder?

Bear with me. I'm trying to understand the defense's logic. So the defense has sort of laid out a possible motive for DJ, but who is the second masked man willing to go along with killing MT? They hinted at UF, but I can't recall any specific motive he would have to take part in murder or to threaten CBR with his own cousins' lives. Maybe that's why CBR is not worried about his ex-gf and daughter's life anymore... because his counsel convinced him it was an idle threat. IDK. It doesn't make sense.

And if DJ is racist, why suggest a Mexican man (UF) as his partner in crime? Did UF have it out for CBR for getting his cousin pregnant or something, and DJ was angry with MT, and together they figured out a way to get back at them both? They didn't need to kill CBR because he was going to take the fall.

But here's the thing. DJ lied to police (about cheating) and I didn't see any testimony to prove his alibi beyond a reasonable doubt. Where was his boss? Co-workers? Anyone to support that he was in Dubuque? Again, I didn't have time to watch the trial, so I'm relying on updates.

The story might be stupid, but it covers all its bases. None of the witnesses for the state were able to confirm when or where she died, who was driving the car, what exactly happened during a technology-based "event" on 385th, then cell phone going 55-60mph southward until it stopped.

Nobody, including CBR, ever denied MT was in the trunk of his car, which he was admittedly driving. He's a liar, which he also admits, but defense can say, "well, so is DJ."

I'm not supporting CBR's story. I'm looking at it from the point of "reasonable doubt" and whether or not the state has proven him guilty. I sure as heck hope so...

@Megnut I agree. Earlier today I stated we are actually seeing what he did. He is shedding light (even if it is through two faux masked men) on what happened that evening.
I still think he is lying about that cornfield. He never carried her. And he made a point to say a shoe was off...cuz it had to come off to get those clothes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee