Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeppers...they moved from AZ to IA .. and wore Long sleeve sweaters and pants and gloves in the hot month of July.
they also waited for him to finish showering.... so he was nice and clean before they took him.
It was just a fluke, ya know...to see MT running.
What if they hadnt seen her running ??
What were they going to do with just HIM ???
Were they going to wait for some other female jogger ??

OMG

Prosecutors need to ask this IMO
I think their fantasy version of the story is that they already KNEW Mollie was jogging and where her route would be.

Asking too many questions tomorrow could just backfire on the state. It feels like this a complicated detailed crafted lie.

I think they need to shore up DJ's alibi--making it concrete.

Because the only way this bull krap story can even pretend to fly is if the jurors believe DJ is a psycho racist that set this all up.

I don't either Snuz, I think it's worse for him with that story than not having testified at all.
And definitely worse than the "I blocked/blacked out" theory.

Honestly, I was surprised he testified.
UNTIL.... I started listening to his BS story.
then I realized why they put him on the stand.

Dumb move, IMO and hopefully the jury sees this as well.

Even Nurmi didn't let his client get up on the stand and tell a ludicrous ninja story. :rolleyes:

Still 11 hours behind due to RL... I'm now *drinking* even more than I was already *drinking*.... :p

And I have 11 hours and 32 pages on WS to catch up on!

*drink* as more entertaining that way.

I agree it's stupid and unbelievable. But prior to today, when I considered the defense was leading up to the introduction of a third party (and fourth party, as it ended up), that seemed completely improbable, as well. That's how this defense team rolls because of what they have to work with. Fitting something, anything, inside the gaps in the prosecution's case. JMO

Yes, good job considering what they had to work with. But it only works if they can get the jury to believe DJ was involved. IMO

I can't see total strangers making the story work.

It needs to be someone targeting Mollie specifically, and someone who knew CBR. So the state needs to prove beyond a reasonable speck of doubt that DJ was in Dubuque.

Yeppers...they moved from AZ to IA .. and wore Long sleeve sweaters and pants and gloves in the hot month of July.
they also waited for him to finish showering.... so he was nice and clean before they took him.
It was just a fluke, ya know...to see MT running.
What if they hadnt seen her running ??
What were they going to do with just HIM ???
Were they going to wait for some other female jogger to come around ??

OMG

Prosecutors need to ask this IMO

Edit: dbm because @katydid23 explained this already above...:)

Listening to replay… Ninjas were wearing sweaters. In July. In Iowa. So their sweaty alleles should be all over the Malibu.

And they were never seen on video sneaking through the streets.

Dead serious question in case anyone is in the know. What would happen in a court room if a juror just LOST IT and laughed and guffawed during this rediculous testimony. (I'm now catching up.. 10 hours behind all you guys due to RL today)

And definitely worse than the "I blocked/blacked out" theory.
Honestly, I was surprised he testified.
I think he chose to testify. It will end badly
UNTIL.... I started listening to his BS story.
then I realized why they put him on the stand.

Dumb move, IMO and hopefully the jury sees this as well.

Yes, good job considering what they had to work with. But it only works if they can get the jury to believe DJ was involved. IMO

I can't see total strangers making the story work.

It needs to be someone targeting Mollie specifically, and someone who knew CBR. So the state needs to prove beyond a reasonable speck of doubt that DJ was in Dubuque.
I agree. They haven't offered enough alternatives that actually had a coherent line of reasoning. DJ is really their only option and I think they jumped on him because he lied about the cheating AND was sexting this girl again just a couple months before Mollie was killed. I guess I'm not concerned that the jury will buy this bizarre story as much as I'm concerned the state did not prove their case. But the trial isn't over!

Last edited:
I can just imagine the Ninjas plotting the murder.

Ninja1: Sounds good, but the only thing is, we don't have a vehicle.

Ninja 2: We'll just kidnap someone and make him be the driver.

Ninja 1: Sounds like a plan!
Ninja 1:-- oh $hit...he's in the shower...should we wait ??

Ninja 2:--Yes, lets wait, because ya know, he has a daughter we can threaten him with.

Ninja 1 -- well, hopefully MT will be out jogging, otherwise, what are we going to do with just HIM ???

OMG-- I dont know whether to laugh or cry over this BS nonsense. I cant believe professional attorneys would even allow or suggest to their client this BS.

Unbelievable.

Still 11 hours behind due to RL... I'm now *drinking* even more than I was already *drinking*.... :p

And I have 11 hours and 32 pages on WS to catch up on!

*drink* as more entertaining that way.

Oh dear, by the time you get caught up the closing arguments will have started and sweater-ninjas will be all over the place! :p

I wish the prosecution had better prepared DJ for questioning. Get the ugly out there right away. Own it. Steal the defense's thunder.

Which is what the defense did with their "client". Concede. He was there. His car. Had her body in his trunk. Had her in the cornfield. But who could've predicted the ninjas? They destroyed their own defense.

All their time spent highlighting his devotion to his very poor parents, with sheets for walls, all they showed me is what a cold person, to take a life, thereby jeopardizing his parents' and his daughter's security. He did that.

The minute he stopped the car.

I wish there were two sweatered men out there that day. They might've been able to save her.

JMO

Let's see.

What the defense established

Their client is a liar.

Unknown DNA from the trunk was not tested against all the people. Of the world.

Mollie's blood was in the trunk.

Mollie was in the trunk and CBR removed her from the trunk.

It was his car.

He passed by her multiple times.

He knew what she was wearing.

He was angry. (Per LE questioning and not contested by his defense)

There was a camouflage-handled knife.

Anything I'm missing?

JMO
You are just missing the 2 Ninjas.
Possibly Racist Ninjas who waited for CB's shower to end so he would smell nice for the kidnapping ride.

Dead serious question in case anyone is in the know. What would happen in a court room if a juror just LOST IT and laughed and guffawed during this rediculous testimony. (I'm now catching up.. 10 hours behind all you guys due to RL today)
I had the same thought. In fact when the judge called for a ten minute recess I thought maybe some of them had their hands over their mouths to keep from laughing.

I guess if it did happen the judge would give the jurors a talking to. I've never heard of it happening though. I've heard of jurors crying but not laughing.

I would have liked to see the look on their faces. Towards the end of cross they were said to look restless and some were falling asleep. Imo

I think their fantasy version of the story is that they already KNEW Mollie was jogging and where her route would be.
I seem to recall, right after Mollie went missing and everybody was looking for her (well before she was found), that it was mentioned that the search was made more difficult because she had a habit of varying her routes and didn't have just one set route. That is actually pretty typical practice to keep things fresher. So it would have pretty unlikely for anybody to know exactly where she was at any given time, once she was out jogging, in my opinion. So that "fantasy version" just doesn't work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee