GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are telegraphing to the jury is clearly 'We don't believe what our client testified to under sworn oath. So neither should you.'
I'm no lawyer and don't know the ins and outs of what's allowed, but if I had been representing him, I would have quietly hired personal protection for Iris and the daughter as soon as CBR told me that story. Then they could have stood up there during his testimony and shown a contract and receipts or whatever to support the claim with something...

Last edited:
Mollie & Iris have a similar look, both petite, both cheerleaders together iirc. Iris dumped CR in April 2017, 1 yr 3 months before CR killed Mollie & ditched his camo knife, bloody black sweater & ski mask. One of the pics of CB & Iris is in front of tall corn. All coincidence? Maybe. But I think something there. Jmo
This was my thought also posts ago.
I wondered when Iris started living with her new bf? To me that may be very telling. imo

Interesting. He was really bothered!

Besides the constant disgusting look on his face… here CBR seems sad and pensive… as if he has regrets about not staying home with his child and baby momma, instead of chasing girls that are way out of his league running through the cornfields.

Last edited:
Much of the questioning was very leading questions ( I commented at the time that I was surprised the judge was allowing it) so yes, the attorneys not only knew what he would say, they were literally walking him through it.
It was so obvious. When they asked, "You're not accusing Dalton Jack, are you?," he immediately answered, "no," just like he instantly answered every question without appearing to think first. You would expect since they spent so much time suggesting DJ and Felix were connected he would pause and stumble on the answer. He heard one guy call the other Jack, but no, he is not implying he was involved at all!

Every bit of his testimony was contrived and rehearsed.

I think the reason the prosecution didn't object was because they knew he would dig himself a hole he couldn't get out of.

IMO

Besides the constant disgusting look on his face… here CBR seems sad and pensive… as if he has regrets about not staying home with his child and baby momma, instead of chasing girls running through the cornfields.

Could have been panic, too, wondering what she was going to say about it. I wonder why they broke up.

I'm no lawyer and don't know the ins and outs of what's allowed, but if I had been representing him, I would have quietly hired personal protection for Iris and the daughter as soon as CBR told me that story. Then they could have stood up there during his testimony and shown a contact and receipts or whatever to support the claim with something...

Perhaps CBR didn't tell his lawyers that story. Perhaps his lawyers told CBR that story.

Perhaps CBR didn't tell his lawyers that story. Perhaps his lawyers told CBR that story.
That's true. I still think the same applies, though. His fear for his daughter was played up even in the closing statements. Why not have some sort of documentation that the fear was valid and steps were taken to protect them? Not doing so only shows they weren't sincerely concerned. Jmo

I do not believe that CBR's family is paying for his defense. There seems to be an unlimited pot of money for some people to get their legal bills paid. I don't know what, where, how, why...but I have seen endless billable hours here.
I don't either. This type of defense is probably $200,000 or more. Someone else is paying that.

I’m still afraid that this case is going to go politically motivated with some very corrupt people higher up pulling the strings. Why else would the defense lawyers agree to such a ridiculous “Ninja Story”? Their reputation is toast unless winning is certain. (I really hope that I am wrong.)

The more I think about this....now I'm kinda paranoid because of the "but he's a good person" instruction left in the jury instructions. I was listening to an attorney on CourtTV this morning talking about it, saying there is no basis in Iowa law for that to be allowed in the jury instructions.....

That's true. I still think the same applies, though. His fear for his daughter was played up even in the closing statements. Why not have some sort of documentation that the fear was valid and steps were taken to protect them? Not doing so only shows they weren't sincerely concerned. Jmo

I thought the same thing, too - about a couple of things - that the Defense should have done more to back up his story. But, just playing Devil's Advocate here, is it necessary? I mean, the burden is on the State. So, even though from our perspective, we're sitting here thinking about all the things they should have done to prove his story, in a legal sense, do they actually need to in order to get an acquittal?

I thought the same thing, too - about a couple of things - that the Defense should have done more to back up his story. But, just playing Devil's Advocate here, is it necessary? I mean, the burden is on the State. So, even though from our perspective, we're sitting here thinking about all the things they should have done to prove his story, in a legal sense, do they actually need to in order to get an acquittal?

… unless evil influences are in play. (I hope I am wrong.)

They do not. But that tale is so far fetched IMO. They could not have come up with something more reasonable. I really do not think CBR came up with this himself. I think his attorneys used the same kind of questioning behind closed doors that they did in the court.....led him to the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmu