GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gun? did I miss something? I have considered the possibility that she tried to run in the field. But I'm not convinced. I think if she were able, she would have been able to escape him. She was quite athletic and he isn't very big. So I assume she was already badly injured (if alive) when he drove in to the field. But it certainly doesn't make sense that he would carry her 400 feet. But my understanding from the trial was that her underwear, shorts were found 15-20 feet away, but beyond the body. So there just seems to be a part of this story that is missing. Only CBR knows of course.

I agree that 400 feet into the cornfield does not correlate with the cut-out section we see in the photos. It does match the distance to the end of that mowed road, however, where it tapers to a point in one of the photos in this article:
The site where remains believed to be Mollie Tibbetts were found

I never was clear on which direction the shorts were from her body, but there are other things that don't add up, as well, imo. For instance, from the crime scene photo of her body in the cornfield, she appeared to have one shoe on (her bent leg), while her other leg appeared to be straight out, but that shoe was off and right beside the shoe still on her foot, very close to her pelvic area. For many people's theories, her shorts and especially underwear would not have come off easily without removing her shoes, yet the shoes are still on or directly with her, while her underwear and shorts are 15-20 feet away (in a cornfield, where I question how far they could be thrown). I think it's likely he could have used the same knife to cut away her clothing, but if so, that information was not presented at trial.

I do think CBR, alone, could have dragged and carried her a good part of that 400 feet, especially if she was not conscious/alive. And I suppose it's also feasible she ran, although I have my doubts. The blood evidence in the trunk suggests injuries not conducive to running through the corn, or even walking. JMO.

Since the cell-phone triangulated search area does not include the body location (from what I can tell), I have to wonder if he ditched the phone before the cornfield, which pretty much opens the timeline of events after the fact, and any other locations, up for debate.

Last edited:
one of the ninjas had the gun. Her underwear and shorts were a few rows over, 3 and 5 I think, and about 15 and 25-30 ft closer to coming in.
She had stab wounds to her back on the right side...cbr is right handed.

I never thought about calling the area a debris field but yeah...sadly, sounds accurate to me. She wasn't dead in that trunk...too many injuries to her ultimately to match up with blood in the trunk.
MOO
I do recall that she was stabbed in the back, and I believe the front as well. Not sure about that. But I recall some of the stabs appeared to have been done without her sports bra in the way. So I presume from this that her bra had already been pushed up when those stabs were made, so presumably after her sexual assault. So I agree, she was likely not killed on the road, but in the field.

I do recall that she was stabbed in the back, and I believe the front as well. Not sure about that. But I recall some of the stabs appeared to have been done without her sports bra in the way. So I presume from this that her bra had already been pushed up when those stabs were made, so presumably after her sexual assault. So I agree, she was likely not killed on the road, but in the field.
I thought many of the stab wounds were through her bra, like it was still in place. And the fact that it was pushed up around her neck indicated this was done after she'd been mortally injured. Maybe I'm recalling this incorrectly.

Honestly, I have been confused about the cornfield. We hear she was 400 feet into it, but then we see an overhead photo of a swath cut into a field that is only 40 feet in. I assume that the overhead photo is just not the actual location. Can anyone clarify this? SharonNeedles, if you are in the area, can you help out?
I have not yet been to the Brooklyn area this year, so this pic is illustrative. This is after the search and recovery.

The white SUV is parked right where CR’s car would have been parked. Although it’s barely visible in this pic there’s a gate directly behind the SUV. Although I’ve only seen this gate closed I’m unsure if it was closed at the time of the crime.

Prior to this pic the search team mowed down the weeds that overgrow the path. Those weeds would be about 4-5 feet tall by mid July.

And finally, you can see where the corn was cut down for the search and recovery. The big cutout furthest back was where the body was located.

I think “400 feet” probably means over a hundred yards down the path then 40 feet in across 10 rows. Or it’s possible he entered the field closer to the road where the first cutout is, the ground between rows would be clear and easier to move in.

When I’m in the area next I’ll get pics, but I’m almost certain none of this will be visible.

Attachments

• 520AF88F-EFF2-4DBC-BFEF-209AAD0EDE66.jpeg
    520AF88F-EFF2-4DBC-BFEF-209AAD0EDE66.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 1696FD05-BB27-4CED-A2D7-5A4C92A2622B.jpeg
    1696FD05-BB27-4CED-A2D7-5A4C92A2622B.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 55
one of the ninjas had the gun. Her underwear and shorts were a few rows over, 3 and 5 I think, and about 15 and 25-30 ft closer to coming in.
She had stab wounds to her back on the right side...cbr is right handed.

I never thought about calling the area a debris field but yeah...sadly, sounds accurate to me. She wasn't dead in that trunk...too many injuries to her ultimately to match up with blood in the trunk.
MOO
I thought many of the stab wounds were through her bra, like it was still in place. And the fact that it was pushed up around her neck indicated this was done after she'd been mortally injured. Maybe I'm recalling this incorrectly.
You may be correct on that.

I have not yet been to the Brooklyn area this year, so this pic is illustrative. This is after the search and recovery.

The white SUV is parked right where CR’s car would have been parked. Although it’s barely visible in this pic there’s a gate directly behind the SUV. Although I’ve only seen this gate closed I’m unsure if it was closed at the time of the crime.

Prior to this pic the search team mowed down the weeds that overgrow the path. Those weeds would be about 4-5 feet tall by mid July.

And finally, you can see where the corn was cut down for the search and recovery. The big cutout furthest back was where the body was located.

I think “400 feet” probably means over a hundred yards down the path then 40 feet in across 10 rows. Or it’s possible he entered the field closer to the road where the first cutout is, the ground between rows would be clear and easier to move in.

When I’m in the area next I’ll get pics, but I’m almost certain none of this will be visible.
If the 400 ft that was said at trial is correct, your circles are wrong. That's not far enough back. To me, that is the wrong picture. You need full length of the drive in area.
And I don't think he parked where the SUV is. There is a gate...I doubt it gets locked.

MOO....he yanked her off the road with a head injury and shoved her in the trunk. Drove down 200th because he knows it goes under the freeway, eventually turns on 460th and finds the cornfield . Who knows maybe he tried other spots but could not get in. This one he got in and goes til he can't be seen and she can't get back to the road right away.
I think she ran through the rows (like a horror movie bless her) but he caught her and stabbed her in the back and she goes down. Pulls her shorts down so she can't run anymore and he drags her by her foot, shoe comes off etc.

I don't think he ever carried her...she was bleeding everywhere. She ended up where she ended up after he chased her and dragged her. Her shoe was probably out in the driveway and would attract attention so he tossed it on top of her crotch before covering her face up under the corn.

MOO

You may be correct on that.
They showed pics of her pink sport top and it has stab holes in it...front and back. Not sure if she was also stabbed with the top pushed up, but definitely stabbed multiple times with it down.
She fought. Look what he had to do to her to bring her down! She was very strong, but not stronger than an animal with a knife.

I doubt he carried her an inch.

Whatever he injured her with, he likely used to maintain control once he opened the trunk. He himself introduced two weapons -- the camo knife and a gun.

I still think the 400 feet represents how far Mollie got -- there's a debris field -- abd she had back wounds. IMO, dear Mollie trued to run --

That man is a predator.

A predator, a rapist, a murderer, a pox on humanity.

Revolting.

JMO
This! 1,000 times.

If the 400 ft that was said at trial is correct, your circles are wrong. That's not far enough back. To me, that is the wrong picture. You need full length of the drive in area.
And I don't think he parked where the SUV is. There is a gate...I doubt it gets locked.

MOO....he yanked her off the road with a head injury and shoved her in the trunk. Drove down 200th because he knows it goes under the freeway, eventually turns on 460th and finds the cornfield . Who knows maybe he tried other spots but could not get in. This one he got in and goes til he can't be seen and she can't get back to the road right away.
I think she ran through the rows (like a horror movie bless her) but he caught her and stabbed her in the back and she goes down. Pulls her shorts down so she can't run anymore and he drags her by her foot, shoe comes off etc.

I don't think he ever carried her...she was bleeding everywhere. She ended up where she ended up after he chased her and dragged her. Her shoe was probably out in the driveway and would attract attention so he tossed it on top of her crotch before covering her face up under the corn.

MOO
I agree Skydaze. This is the photo that has me confused. I don't think this actually shows the place where her body was found. That cut out is no where near 400 feet. More like 100-140 ft. Second, in the photo where you can see the police tape, looking into a cutout, we are looking into the corn rows. In this image, the rows are going perpendicular to the cutout.

I agree Skydaze. This is the photo that has me confused. I don't think this actually shows the place where her body was found. That cut out is no where near 400 feet. More like 100-140 ft. Second, in the photo where you can see the police tape, looking into a cutout, we are looking into the corn rows. In this image, the rows are going perpendicular to the cutout.
Yes, I don't think that notch in the field is where her body was. I think it was at the tip of the mowed road. Wonder what they found in that notch to warrant cutting it all back?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210614-152849_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210614-152849_Chrome.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20210614-152811_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210614-152811_Chrome.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 57
Yes, I don't think that notch in the field is where her body was. I think it was at the tip of the mowed road. Wonder what they found in that notch to warrant cutting it all back?
Thanks for posting these photos. I am assuming she was found at the end of the long cutout, at the top of the first pic. Correct?

That's what looks to match photo-wise and what matches descriptions during the trial.
MOO
I agree with Megnut, he chased her around in there....like a scary movie.
He stabbed her in her face! What a monster!
Poor Mollie.
To me, she really tried to escape but she didn't make it. Thank goodness for the video and the eagle eyed LE who noticed her little shadow.
Bless her.

You’ve convinced me. I’m stunned tho, that’s much further into the field than I was willing to accept.
It really is stunning. Shocking.
I had to do a double take when the prosecution said...well I think he said 500 ft. Some other time they said around 400. I think cbr said he carried her 20 yards. JMHO I don't think he carried her 20 yards. I think maybe he chased and or dragged her 20 yards.

Anyway...what Megnut said earlier. That's spot on.

To me, it appears that this path was grass and weeds all the way back, so he put her right where the corn fields joined together at the tip (400 ft back from the road). That would have been easier to maneuver than through corn rows. Is it possible that her shorts, underwear, and headband were removed and left nearer her body, but the heavy rains that night washed them to where they were found? It looks like some drainage areas slope towards the direction of the body location, but it's hard to tell from the map.

It's maybe my wishful thinking for Mollie to have had a mercifully quick end, but I just don't think she was in any condition to run through the field that night. Clearly, from blood evidence in the trunk and testimony, she was injured when she went in. But the main blood was concentrated to one spot (many suspect from a head injury). If she would have been conscious enough to run and try to escape him in the field, I would surmise she would have been conscious in the trunk. But then I think the blood would have been in more areas on that trunk liner as signs of her moving around. We really have no idea what was in that trunk when she was put there. We really don't know how badly she was bleeding. I could theorize that if he had the forethought to bring a large knife in his car, he might have had the forethought to put something down to protect his trunk (and maybe his seats) from blood. And anyway, lots of people carry blankets, trash bags, etc. in their trunk normally. Who knows?

We're missing her phone, Fitbit, murder weapon, CBR's bloody clothing, and so on. How do we know there isn't a blood-covered tarp burned up, buried somewhere, or far downsteam in the English river?

If her back wounds indicate she was running ahead of him, it reminds me of the one thing we do know for a fact. She was running that night...on 385th Ave., with earbuds in. If he came up from behind and she didn't hear him, those injuries could have occurred while taking her down. I think the running from him in the field scenario is certainly possible, but I think it's also possible she was dead or dying when she was put into the trunk. And maybe he did drag/carry her to that location in the corn. Her clothing was removed and bra pushed up because he carried out the assault there, which he doesn't want anyone to know about because he's much more protective of that sick deed than the murder itself.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member