GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that there is a very important unanswered question in this case. Who are the other people who were in that trunk? Was Rivera a serial killer? The blood was tested and 4 different DNA was found. I don't think anyone would be in that trunk voluntarily. MOO I wouldn't get into a trunk, especially one driven by such a creepy person as Rivera.

But there is absolutely zero evidence of another person being involved. Murder and rape are very much private crimes. While there has been two or more people sharing the body, it's not common to have no evidence of a group of people. There is no evidence of gang rape, he was seen alone in his vehicle while stalking her, there is no doubt that he abducted and killed her and most probably raped her while she was dead or dying. There is no evidence of a second, third, or more being there.
I've never meant to suggest that CBR did not act alone. I'm just curious if anyone else knew about the murder, or assisted with cleanup or hiding anything, before, during, or after the crime.

I was thinking that there is a very important unanswered question in this case. Who are the other people who were in that trunk? Was Rivera a serial killer? The blood was tested and 4 different DNA was found. I don't think anyone would be in that trunk voluntarily. MOO I wouldn't get into a trunk, especially one driven by such a creepy person as Rivera.
The extra DNA really is not important. It could be there easily by many means. Somebody carried fishing equipment and scratched themselves on a hook. DNA there doesn’t mean somebody was inside the trunk. It was a red herring the defense used.

The extra DNA really is not important. It could be there easily by many means. Somebody carried fishing equipment and scratched themselves on a hook. DNA there doesn’t mean somebody was inside the trunk. It was a red herring the defense used.
Well, it was a stupid one to use since most people are wondering how many people Rivera has killed. Especially the other women's DNA. He could be a serial killer.

<modsnip> Regardless of what we *think*, we don't know what happened between CBR and his lawyers, or why they made the decisions they did.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
They used it just to make the jury think there were others responsible for her attack, anything to try and cast doubt.
They must be incredibly naïve then because Youtube was filled with people wondering how many people did that monster kill and shove into his trunk. After all, people don't voluntarily enter trunks very often, LOL. When the other DNA was mentioned, my mind went immediately to other victims so that attempt to cast doubt backfired on the lawyers.

I wonder if reality is sinking in for CBR yet? I hope he feels as helpless and hopeless as Mollie felt during her final moments, but I honestly believe he is devoid of any type of genuine emotion or remorse.

Cold and robotic acting and if he hadn't been caught here, I think he would have killed again.

JUN 4, 2021
BREAKING: Judge denies motion for mistrial in Bahena Rivera conviction (kwwl.com)
A judge has denied a motion for a mistrial in the first degree murder conviction for Cristhian Bahena Rivera in the death of Mollie Tibbetts.

The judge ruled on the motion on Friday. The ruling comes exactly one week after Bahena Rivera was found guilty of killing Tibbetts back in 2018. ...

[...]
A motion for mistrial/retrial is standard in criminal law. It is necessary to file this in order to preserve rights on appeal. They didn't really think this would be granted. Its just a hoop they have jump through.

I wonder if reality is sinking in for CBR yet? I hope he feels as helpless and hopeless as Mollie felt during her final moments, but I honestly believe he is devoid of any type of genuine emotion or remorse.

Cold and robotic acting and if he hadn't been caught here, I think he would have killed again.

Great post!

This ^^ is the same conclusion I came to when I watched him nod his head as the guilty verdict was read; cold and robotic. Devoid of any type of emotion for what he did to Mollie. No regret at all.

When Romero asked him, while standing at the crime, what he was thinking when he murdered Mollie CBR said,
"I wasn't really thinking about it."

He took a beautiful 20 year old girl off the road and stabbed her in her face!...so hard that a tooth came out of her jawbone.
He also stabbed the other side of her head....so hard he put a whole in her skull!

When Romero asked him (after he showed officers where her shriveled remains were) if he felt bad about it he said,
"no."

like a dead black hole of evil

What do you mean?
What I meant is that actually seeing this area from the perspective of somebody driving on these roads in those conditions is a whole lot different than what you see on Google Maps. By mid July the corn will be six feet tall (knee high by the Fourth of July isn’t really very accurate). Ditches and fence lines will have tons of vegetation. Field access paths like the one to the field in question are overgrown with weeds. And by ~8:30pm you’ll find that sunset gets a lot darker a lot faster when there’s so much vegetation absorbing the light. To think CR just drove by, spotted that field entrance and thought it looked like a perfect spot doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Neither does the suggestion that he planned this all out and executed it precisely.

What I meant is that actually seeing this area from the perspective of somebody driving on these roads in those conditions is a whole lot different than what you see on Google Maps. By mid July the corn will be six feet tall (knee high by the Fourth of July isn’t really very accurate). Ditches and fence lines will have tons of vegetation. Field access paths like the one to the field in question are overgrown with weeds. And by ~8:30pm you’ll find that sunset gets a lot darker a lot faster when there’s so much vegetation absorbing the light. To think CR just drove by, spotted that field entrance and thought it looked like a perfect spot doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Neither does the suggestion that he planned this all out and executed it precisely.
I'm still perplexed by your comment. It seems after he abducted her that he drove quickly to this site. I do think he planned this, but not extensive planning. I'm just suggesting it seems that he had prior knowledge of this field path. I suppose he could have just got lucky and saw it but that would seem very risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKGunK