GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyedaze, I think that is a pretty good explanation of what happened. I also wonder if she tried to run once in the field. I can't really imagine her walking with him back into that field, even with a knife in her back. She was pretty athletic. My guess, and its just a guess, is that he either killed her or badly injured her, and then carried her into the corn, where he assaulted her.

I wish we had better data for her movements before going in the trunk. I feel like she likely tried to avoid him on the road. I know it's something I a aware of.. never go to a second location. In my opinion she tried everything she could to not go to that second location (being put in the trunk or even letting him get close enough to him for him to have this option).

I guarantee that if someone close to you, say a friend was convicted because 'due process' hadn't been followed, you would have a totally different perspective and opinion or maybe you wouldn't.
Tell me please, what 'due process' components have not been followed in this case?

And to answer your question, if my friend had kidnapped and killed a jogger, I would not care that he was tired during his interview, if there was a bundle of evidence proving his involvement.

No doubt the Judge has reasons for allo

He had an 11 hour work day, was questioned for a similar period. He was clearly 'tired' and could have been 'babbling' any old rubbish; that's not conducive with 'best evidence' According to Romaro he was free to leave at anytime, that's what she testified in court.

Sure, he could have been babbling any old rubbish---but apparently he wasn't because he was able to find the way back to the body he had hidden in a remote cornfield. So in this case it was conducive to 'best evidence.' IMO

And yes, he was free to leave anytime. I guess if he was totally exhausted he would have done so.

The cops might have been tired, but as pointed out by the Defence Team, law enforcement had substantial resources, actually anything they wanted,
"unlimited resources of the federal government," including the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security.

What does that^^ have to do with the detectives being tired as well? The FBI and Homeland are not usually boots on the ground, with a large number of overtime agents. 'Unlimited Resources is usually things like forensics testing, DNA experts, cyber experts, criminal profiling etc. It has nothing to do with the detectives being as tired as the defendant was.

When you state 'And he was given chances to rest during that long interview' Is that when Romero went off to her senior officers to feed them his statements and obtain a strategy for further questioning. So he was given rest time when they dictated he should rest. No doubt the interview in Spanish would tell us more.

"Feeding them' his statements and strategising their next questions is their JOB. Why wouldn't they be doing that? They were looking for a missing college student. Hoping to find her alive somewhere, maybe in an abandoned farmhouse or a car trunk. Why wouldn't they be figuring out the best strategy to get the vital info they needed?

I wish we had better data for her movements before going in the trunk. I feel like she likely tried to avoid him on the road. I know it's something I a aware of.. never go to a second location. In my opinion she tried everything she could to not go to that second location (being put in the trunk or even letting him get close enough to him for him to have this option).
If he pulled up ahead of her, then rushed out of his car and jumped at her, with a knife to her neck, there would be little she could do to prevent being thrown in the trunk. JMO

I really wonder what he did with her phone and fitbit.
I have a lot of relatives with farms. My grandparents had a large dairy farm. There are a lot of places to dispose of something on a dairy farm.

If he smashed the phone and fit bit and removed the batteries, etc, he could have found several places to totally get rid of them on the farm.

They have 'crunching' devices to demolish old equipment and tools, making them like a small glob of unrecognisable metal.

They have vats of garbage/waste, some gets burned and some gets trucked out or buried.

He could have 'disappeared' those devices easily, imo.
Undocumented immigrant charged in Mollie Tibbetts' death was working for family of prominent Iowa GOP figure

ny-1534966808-zfnn3ghytt-snap-image

promo360547556.jpg

Last edited:
The testimony says at 8:28 the phone is picked up about 4 miles away traveling at 60 mph and slows around 8:35. Moo he is looking for a place to take her/turn into and he's not sure/misses his turn because it is hilly and near dusk.
Keep in mind, she was not found on the side of the road. She was not found 25ft into the corn off the road. She 400ft into that cornfield.
Her phone continued movement until 8:53. It was either on her arm or in his pocket or combo til it was turned off.
I know from my own experience, if I have google maps up while I sit on the couch in my family room, there is a blue dot showing my GPS location. If I walk across my house looking at my phone, the blue dot moves with me. I do not live in a tiny house but it is not a mansion either and I can see that dot moving.
She was 400 ft into that cornfield....that is longer than a football field. To me he drove up the driveway a bit and stopped..got out and either chased her around, dragged her or carried her the rest of the 400 ft. She was killed there because otherwise her blood would be all over that trunk. Plus her clothes are ripped off in the cornfield.
400 ft. The phone moved 400 ft into that cornfield...my house is not 400 ft wide. That a good amount of distance to drag/chase/haul a dead girl or mostly dead girl around. When he was done, he had time to turn the phone off before he drove home.

That's the way I see it.

Any "holes" have been created by CBR.

With regard to CW being in that area. We all know sex offenders live all around us.
Evil lurks everywhere as we go about our lives.

CBR was going to get Mollie or a Mollie-esque looking (let's be real and Iris looking) girl sooner or later.
Ironically, his very efforts to circle her until she was in a place where no one would see him abduct her is exactly what got him noticed.
Thank goodness for the video.
God Bless Mollie.
This is good. Very good!

Agent says lack of Spanish skills delayed Iowa investigation

Vileta said the evidence suggests Tibbetts was abducted on a road outside Brooklyn after 8 p.m., but that he does not know precisely where or when she was killed.

Data from Tibbetts’ cellphone provider shows her phone was moving at a running pace before accelerating to over 60 mph around 8:27 p.m. and eventually slowing down and stopping more than 10 miles away, FBI agent Kevin Horan testified. By 8:53 p.m., her phone went dark.

This suggests to me that CBR did not take Mollie to his house, which is less than 6 miles south of 385th Ave. on 200 (but he likely drove right past his house).

But I agree there is an opening for wonder at this stop he made. What happened there?

Iirc, in the beginning when LE was looking at the pig farmer, they were saying that it was near her phone's last ping. Somewhere there was a stop, and it was 26 minutes from when her phone suddenly headed south from 385th to when it went off.

There's definitely a hole in our knowledge of events.

Exactly! That's why I can't help but wonder what was missing from what was thrown out due to improper Miranda, even the smallest little detail might have shed more light on it.

Thank you everyone for the amazing and well thought-out comments I have been reading here. A couple of thoughts...he absouletly could have seen her before on other runs or been stalking her. What if after he saw her that night he went back to his trailer to get a knife or other sharp object? That would certainly be premeditation. I can't remember exactly what was said from testimony on the video but at one point (possibly the last time the car was seen on video) it was said to be going much faster than the rest of the times. I think it was implied that she must have been in the trunk and he was going fast to get the heck out of there. What if he had been stalking her either before or on that day even, went home to get knife or sharp objects after seeing her, and was traveling so fast in the mentioned sighting to make sure he caught up to her and he didn't lose her? Another thought...could he have incapacitated her, with what I don't know, and then made a stop at home to get a knife before going to cornfield?

Last edited:
MsBetsy, I agree. I think if anyone else was involved CBR would have said something to work a deal. He didn't. His sweater ninja story just isn't believable either. I think maybe this weekend when I get some time I want to go through that time line and the map, cell ping info. Not that it really matters. It doesn't matter if he killed her on the road or in the corn field. I wonder if he had prior knowledge of the location where she was found. Did he have that spot already picked out to go to and assault her?
I really think if you go drive that route you might have a different take.

Thank you everyone for the amazing and well thought-out comments I have been reading here. A couple of thoughts...he absouletly could have seen her before on other runs or been stalking her. What if after he saw her that night he went back to his trailer to get a knife or other sharp object? That would certainly be premeditation. I can't remember exactly what was said from testimony on the video but at one point (possibly the last time the car was seen on video) it was said to be going much faster than the rest of the times. I think it was implied that she must have been in the trunk and he was going fast to get the heck out of there. What if he had been stalking her either before or on that day even, went home to get knife or sharp objects after seeing her, and was traveling so fast in the mentioned sighting to make sure he caught up to her and he didn't lose her? Another thought...could he have incapacitated her, with what I don't know, and then made a stop at home to get a knife before going to cornfield?

Yes, This^^ came to mind when I kept hearing he was going 'on a date' that night. It made me wonder if he knew she often ran on Friday evenings. :eek:

There has not been any other info about who his supposed date was or if he ever called to cancel, etc...

I took a look at the map Horan showed during his testimony about the 17 sq mi search area, based on cell phone data. Someone proficient with maps, please help me out, but I think the search area does not include the cornfield. The cornfield is just north of the NE diagonal line. Am I'm reading that incorrectly?

Maybe he ditched the phone (and fitbit, etc) before he went to the cornfield?

Last edited:
Is it possible that he brought her to an unknown location from which she ran (for her life) and she NEARLY made it THROUGH the cornfield, to within 400 feet of the road?

What's on the other edges of the field?

I agree, there seems to be a logical sequence of events for that night, from 8:28 through 8:53. CBR injures and abducts her on 385th Ave., drives at varying speeds to the cornfield, where he, alone, assaults and kills her. Done.

There's a good chance that is exactly how it went down.

But, let's not dismiss those who say there are unanswered questions. LE testified they can not determine when or where Mollie died. The tech expert can not determine exactly where her phone was located when it went dark. The cell tower based search area was 17 sq. miles, so how can we determined that the phone went dark at the cornfield and not somewhere else in that 17 sq. mile area? Why was there a dot at 430th and 200 on the LE point-of-interest map early on? Mollie Tibbetts search: Investigators highlight five possible points of interest

CBR got caught and confessed, came up with a couple different stories, and from what we know, isn't talking about the rest. We can all assume as to the whys, but as @SharonNeedles pointed out, justice for Mollie is to have everyone connected be convicted. Likely, CBR IS the only guilty party. BUT, if anyone else was involved either before, during, or after the crime was committed, they are getting off scot-free unless CBR talks, and who knows why he might not. I think it's a fair point to make, since we don't have all the answers.
But there is absolutely zero evidence of another person being involved. Murder and rape are very much private crimes. While there has been two or more people sharing the body, it's not common to have no evidence of a group of people. There is no evidence of gang rape, he was seen alone in his vehicle while stalking her, there is no doubt that he abducted and killed her and most probably raped her while she was dead or dying. There is no evidence of a second, third, or more being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801