GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If somehow Mollie was able to open the trunk, he may have stopped the car before he intended to.

Mollie, we celebrate the whole of your life, which that monster doesn't get to sully.

Shine bright, Mollie!

JMO

I'm still perplexed by your comment. It seems after he abducted her that he drove quickly to this site. I do think he planned this, but not extensive planning. I'm just suggesting it seems that he had prior knowledge of this field path. I suppose he could have just got lucky and saw it but that would seem very risky.
So much about it doesn’t make sense. I would seriously doubt he had ever been down that particular road before. It goes nowhere, there’s no reason to be on that road if you’re not going to one of the houses along it. And assuming this drive happened at around 9pm, heck yes it’s risky. Rural people take note when a car passes, and when you stop in a field entrance like that they’re likely to approach. It’s hard to imagine he drove that Malibu down that road and stayed parked in that field entrance for any length of time and nobody took note. Unless it happened much later than 9pm when everybody was asleep. And that would lead to a bunch more uncomfortable questions.

I'm still perplexed by your comment. It seems after he abducted her that he drove quickly to this site. I do think he planned this, but not extensive planning. I'm just suggesting it seems that he had prior knowledge of this field path. I suppose he could have just got lucky and saw it but that would seem very risky.
One day soon I’m going to make that drive from 385th Ave to that field entrance and record it. As soon as I have a reason to be near Brooklyn again I’ll do it.

It’s hard to imagine he drove that Malibu down that road and stayed parked in that field entrance for any length of time and nobody took note.
He didn't. He drove into the cornfield ....you can drive up into it. No one can see a black car at dusk inside a cornfield when the corn is 10 ft high. She was found 400-500 feet into that cornfield.

so what do you think he did? She 400-500 feet back in there.
The corn at the time was probably at least 6 feet tall. The weeds overgrowing the path were probably four feet tall. If he was silly enough to try to drive a Malibu into that, assuming he didn’t get stuck in a rut, he would have left a path that would be visible for weeks.

I would assume he pulled into the drive like everybody else does.

The corn at the time was probably at least 6 feet tall. The weeds overgrowing the path were probably four feet tall. If he was silly enough to try to drive a Malibu into that, assuming he didn’t get stuck in a rut, he would have left a path that would be visible for weeks.

I would assume he pulled into the drive like everybody else does.
So entrance or drive which one...earlier you said no to entrance and then no to driving into the cornfield? I do not think he parked at the entrance where he could be seen. He drove up that driveway. Maybe not all of the way of course, but to me he went back far enough to avoid being seen...not sitting at the entrance.
The corn was 10 ft high when they found her. Not sure how high that would have been 5 weeks earlier.

So entrance or drive which one...earlier you said no to entrance and then no to driving into the cornfield? I do not think he parked at the entrance where he could be seen. He drove up that driveway. Maybe not all of the way of course, but to me he went back far enough to avoid being seen...not sitting at the entrance.
The corn was 10 ft high when they found her. Not sure how high that would have been 5 weeks earlier.
Yes, he turned onto the dirt road which was within the cornfield, and then probably dragged or carried her deeper into the field. There were pictures of where the body was found and it's obvious that he drove a short distance on the dirt road. Imo

One day soon I’m going to make that drive from 385th Ave to that field entrance and record it. As soon as I have a reason to be near Brooklyn again I’ll do it.

I am interested in how CR was able to find the exact location of Mollie's body. I have been lost on back roads in corn fields in a car. It is impossible to know where you are without GPS. Even with GPS it is easy to get lost, because GPS doesn't tell you exact roads for backroads, not on Google maps.

Maybe he went by there again, and that is how he knew the exact location.

I am interested in how CR was able to find the exact location of Mollie's body. I have been lost on back roads in corn fields in a car. It is impossible to know where you are without GPS. Even with GPS it is easy to get lost, because GPS doesn't tell you exact roads for backroads, not on Google maps.

If he knew the location of the main road then it probably wouldn't have been that hard to find it again. One reason I think it took so long to get to that location after he abducted Molly is because he had to drive slower in order to find the road/path into the cornfield. If he was driving 30 or 40 miles an hour he would have missed it. Or maybe he was waiting until it was completely dark.

It was the perfect location to "hide" his car. Anyone driving by would have to slow way down and look in that direction to see a car back there, especially at night. It was probably not a coincidence that it was just getting dark around that time. Imo

This may sound like a condescending answer, but it is truly not meant to be:

Take Highway 21 South, turn left at the road just past Guernsey, follow that road east until just before it ends. I saw that once and knew how to get there, although I did drive right past the field entrance because it wasn’t obvious.

But the reason I doubt it happened that way is rooted in the fact that CR needed the deputy to drive past his house so he could show them where her body was. Does it make sense that he could only retrace the route from his place?

From his place the route would be take V21 south to that same road, turn left and head West.

I know it’s a subtle difference, but the trick to navigating these “back roads” visually is knowing where to turn.

This may sound like a condescending answer, but it is truly not meant to be:

Take Highway 21 South, turn left at the road just past Guernsey, follow that road east until just before it ends. I saw that once and knew how to get there, although I did drive right past the field entrance because it wasn’t obvious.

But the reason I doubt it happened that way is rooted in the fact that CR needed the deputy to drive past his house so he could show them where her body was. Does it make sense that he could only retrace the route from his place?

From his place the route would be take V21 south to that same road, turn left and head West.

I know it’s a subtle difference, but the trick to navigating these “back roads” visually is knowing where to turn.
I remember on the original arrest affidavit, it said he used his phone to lead LE to the cornfield. During the trial it was said he had used his phone to find his way home after covering her with corn, as well.

I know a lot of people don't believe anything CBR says, but imo, it seems reasonable that he did use his phone to get home from the cornfield that night, which then makes me wonder if he still had that information in his phone, or why he needed to start at his house to backtrack. But like you said, it was likely dark when he was entering/ exiting the cornfield, so how easy was it to find his way in/out? Even if he'd picked the spot prior.

I, personally, think he drove somewhere within that 17 sq mi area and ditched her phone (and possibly the fitbit, etc) before he got to the cornfield, so maybe it wasn't a straight shot drive to the field, either. If she was dead when he put her in the trunk, he might have ditched the murder weapon at the same time, but otherwise he could have done that whenever. The English river is suspect...

Last edited:
Yes, he turned onto the dirt road which was within the cornfield, and then probably dragged or carried her deeper into the field. There were pictures of where the body was found and it's obvious that he drove a short distance on the dirt road. Imo
Honestly, I have been confused about the cornfield. We hear she was 400 feet into it, but then we see an overhead photo of a swath cut into a field that is only 40 feet in. I assume that the overhead photo is just not the actual location. Can anyone clarify this? SharonNeedles, if you are in the area, can you help out?

So much about it doesn’t make sense. I would seriously doubt he had ever been down that particular road before. It goes nowhere, there’s no reason to be on that road if you’re not going to one of the houses along it. And assuming this drive happened at around 9pm, heck yes it’s risky. Rural people take note when a car passes, and when you stop in a field entrance like that they’re likely to approach. It’s hard to imagine he drove that Malibu down that road and stayed parked in that field entrance for any length of time and nobody took note. Unless it happened much later than 9pm when everybody was asleep. And that would lead to a bunch more uncomfortable questions.
I also doubt he had ever driven into that field before, but he may have known the existance of the little road. Working on that dairy farm for years, he may have had to travel around the area quite a bit and had a decent knowledge of the farms and fields, where the farm houses were in conjuction with the fields. At 8:30 etc, there would have been enough light for him to not need head lights as he entered the filed road. Thus not drawing attention. Very unlikely any farmers are out in their fields that late, so he would know he had some privacy. I also doubt that he drove that little car 400 feet up that road. So he walked or carried her a good part of the way.

I doubt he carried her an inch.

Whatever he injured her with, he likely used to maintain control once he opened the trunk. He himself introduced two weapons -- the camo knife and a gun.

I still think the 400 feet represents how far Mollie got -- there's a debris field -- abd she had back wounds. IMO, dear Mollie trued to run --

That man is a predator.

A predator, a rapist, a murderer, a pox on humanity.

Revolting.

JMO

I doubt he carried her an inch.

Whatever he injured her with, he likely used to maintain control once he opened the trunk. He himself introduced two weapons -- the camo knife and a gun.

I still think the 400 feet represents how far Mollie got -- there's a debris field -- abd she had back wounds. IMO, dear Mollie trued to run --

That man is a predator.

A predator, a rapist, a murderer, a pox on humanity.

Revolting.

JMO
Gun? did I miss something? I have considered the possibility that she tried to run in the field. But I'm not convinced. I think if she were able, she would have been able to escape him. She was quite athletic and he isn't very big. So I assume she was already badly injured (if alive) when he drove in to the field. But it certainly doesn't make sense that he would carry her 400 feet. But my understanding from the trial was that her underwear, shorts were found 15-20 feet away, but beyond the body. So there just seems to be a part of this story that is missing. Only CBR knows of course.

one of the ninjas had the gun. Her underwear and shorts were a few rows over, 3 and 5 I think, and about 15 and 25-30 ft closer to coming in.
She had stab wounds to her back on the right side...cbr is right handed.

I never thought about calling the area a debris field but yeah...sadly, sounds accurate to me. She wasn't dead in that trunk...too many injuries to her ultimately to match up with blood in the trunk.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member