Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday morning.... running late, she is wearing the red shirt. Decides to run/walk to moms and call/text brother on the way to ask about car. Same time someone somewhat familiar from work or neighborhood rolls by and asks if she needs a ride that does not end well. So many employees at Grinnell in the area.
Could it possibly be that simple?
Don't agree with the first part since she was also taking care of the dogs and needed to be taken care of before she left. The second part however crossed my mind.

Is the boyfriend in construction with his brother? Is that why he was away working?
If so, who all knew she was dog sitting by herself because her boyfriend was away? Is there a history of him traveling for work? Would she be an easy person to stalk/target because of this?
None of the articles I've read have said what type of work he was doing in Dubuque.

Family, co-workers fear for ‘bubbly, cheerful’ teen who vanished According to this article, Mollie was going to bring a cake for a co-worker's birthday on the Friday following her going missing. That to me is worded so I'm not sure if that means Friday July 20 or July 27. However, that is most likely what her mother bought ingredients for in this article. Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery It does concern me that she didn't show up at her mom's for the brats if the cake/dessert was for 2 days later. Also if I said was going to come for a meal and didn't show up, my relatives would be at the very least calling/texting me and if I didn't answer would be looking for me no more than 30 minutes after I didn't show up. So, it's confusing as to why her mom didn't wonder why she didn't come. Unless some of the info. in the article is not accurate. All IMO.

What about the dogs?
Exactly. They must be okay, seems to me, since they haven't been mentioned, but I'd like to know.

I thought perhaps she may have taken them outside for a little "walk" either that night before bed, or the next morning any time before she left. Did someone come into the apt. while she was out? Would the dogs have threatened the person, or were they small dogs who would have been no threat? Or were the dogs in the backyard and didn't need walking -- this would nix my previous thoughts. Maybe I missed a posting or a news article about the dogs.
Just one more detail in this thing...

So this is about 60 miles from Des Moines and 45 miles in the opposite direction from Iowa City and Cedar Rapids? A busy interstate relatively close by. A lot to sift through. As for those theorizing some sort of pre-dawn abduction as she let the dogs out (or back in), there are not many houses in the immediate neighborhood around her house. What was the local weather that night and morning? Hot? Sunny? Stormy? Would the RECC office have any external CCTV? (Many do to deter copper or tool thefts) Someone was worried she did not read a good morning phone poke, followed by an apparent inquiry as to her not appearing for her internship, yet that concern is not reported to LE until around 6 pm? Did anyone else who lived at the house enter it that day it before police were alerted? If so, who and when? Who else, friends or family, was inside the house that day? When is the garbage collected? Does it have a sewer or septic tank? Based on what I have read from afar, I have not seen a credible account she was back in the home after her jog. Only the missing shirt would support that. Questions, questions.

Wow. Im more confused than ever now.

I read back and now there are 3 total brothers and not just 2 that work out of town. And where is the fiance of one of the brothers? No word on where she was.

I think I get the BF part but confused about snapchat. I dont use snapchat so havent a clue how it works. How did he know she hasnt viewed his message he sent to her that morning? Does it stay in snapchat until recipient views it?

Im basing this off of the article that is supposed to clear things up. LOL

How did he know she did not show up for work? Maybe someone from her work must have called him. But why would her work call him? Maybe she told work that he is the contact person for anything.

If all that is accurate then he would have contacted other family and friends that same morning which is what may have happened.

I think Im back to how was she supposed to get a ride to work and why wasnt the car arrangements made the night before.
Its all so confusing and complicated but some of it is starting to make a little more sense. LOL

"I was the one who threw red flags," said Jack.

"Dalton said she was dog-sitting here at his house Wednesday while he was in Dubuque for work and his brothers were in Ames. That's why when she didn't show up to her job on Thursday morning, they knew something was wrong."

"She hadn't called in, said Jack. "I looked at my phone and noticed I texted her good morning that morning and she hadn't looked at it so I got ahold of her friends and family."

Family, boyfriend of Mollie Tibbetts clear up misinformation surrounding case

Just saw this -- probably posted already, but it was updated 3 hours ago - no real news:

FBI expected to join search for missing University of Iowa student in Brooklyn
Jul 23, 2018 Updated 3 hrs ago
. . .

“We’ve had missing persons before, but usually we find them the same day or a couple days later,” Poweshiek County Sheriff Thomas Kriegel told ABC News on Monday. “We never had one this long that I can recall.”

In the close-knit farming community of about 1,500 people, everyone knows everyone, Kriegel said. But the rural area makes the search difficult.

“We’re surrounded by farm ground — corn and soy beans. Right now the corn is probably eight, nine feet tall. The only way you can search it is basically walk down every other row,” he told ABC News. “It’s difficult. Even the planes flying over have a difficulty looking down in the corn rows.”

FBI expected to join search for missing University of Iowa student in Brooklyn

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-23_23-16-0.png
    upload_2018-7-23_23-16-0.png
    68 bytes · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors