Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if she is the youngest then? I obviously have no idea about the dynamics of this family, but I have two older brothers and two younger ones and while the younger ones are more protective of me NOW, it would have never occurred to them when we were teens/college age. My
Older brothers were much more protective of me back then - so much so that my oldest brother drove me 6 hours round trip back to college when I was a freshman just because I was homesick. ❤️

I believe it was reported she is the middle child. I wonder if they're sitting in birth order here?

Family, boyfriend of Mollie Tibbetts clear up misinformation surrounding case

What I read was an employee that worked with Mollie texted Dalton in the afternoon saying that she hadn’t showed up to work so he checked Snapchat and saw that his morning post had not been viewed. From there he started contacting friends & family.

I don’t know. I just don’t get the feeling he was involved for some reason.
Ok, i thought he was alerted by coworker in the AM, this is all so confusing and overwhelming

This is the interview he gave to correct the huge amount of misinformation This information should be used and not the previous articles with varying stories.

I’ve listened to both of the interviews bf did and they don’t seem inconsistent with each other, IMO. In the first one he says someone he knows from her work called him Thursday afternoon and said she wasn’t at work and hadn’t called in. That’s when he noticed she had not read his earlier message, presumably on Snapchat. Then he started calling around to family and friends to see if anyone had heard from her.

But there is another story being reported in msm that her brother is the one who found out she wasn’t at work. But maybe he found out from the bf and then called his mom.

Making generalized, vague statements can be an investigative tool and should not be taken as befuddlement. Also, officers will sometimes intentionally make a subtle but minor mistake in a release to see if anyone steps forward on social media to "correct" it. Don't underestimate local sheriffs. They have connections to the community that the FBI and state police do not. Probably a lot more going on behind the scenes then they are disclosing. It's critical to find the golden witness - the person who is able to make the last confirmed visual sighting of the victim. If there was wi-fi in the house where she was staying and she used it- the ISP should be able to show if and when she was logged in. That may be more useful than cell pings.

I would say it will take the sheriff several days to image her devices and those of people closest to her or who were last with her. He would probably lack the resources to do that locally but a larger town or the state would assist. Let's hope for the best but the longer this stretches out, the odds of a desired outcome diminish. Based on what little is known, she does not seem to be one to abruptly leave the grid. But we know so very little about her or her BF.

Also still trying to wrap my head around this. She appears to have returned from a late afternoon run. Her BF has reported seeing a Snapchat photo of her she sent around 10 pm. He assumes it was taken inside her house. That image has since self-deleted? She was leaving early the next morning for work in Grinnell. But the car she would drive was not at the house where she resided? How was she getting to work? Did she intend to catch a ride with someone else? Who? Was someone going to pick her up or bring the car to her? Was she going to walk or run across town early in the morning to get to her car's location? Questions, questions.

I admit that I skipped a couple pages trying to get caught up, so I hope this hasn't already been suggested. What makes the most sense to me based on the information I've seen and heard is that she talked to her mother, went jogging, did whatever she'd normally do in the evenings (feed and play with the dogs, let them out to relieve themselves, eat dinner, do dishes, etc.), sent the snap chat to her boyfriend, said goodnight, showered and went to bed. In the morning, I think she got up and got ready for work, maybe ate breakfast, fed the dogs (?), let them out before she left, and someone grabbed her after the dogs were in but before she was, or just followed her inside and then took her. It would have to be fairly early though if she couldn't answer her phone when her brother called or her boyfriend sent his good morning text.

I'm probably wrong, but I'm basing it on the fact that the red shirt was gone and nothing was said about the dogs seeming to have been neglected overnight and in the morning. If she had disappeared the night before, it seems like they would have shown signs of having been left in there all night and all day and not being fed. If I remember correctly, it was afternoon before anyone really knew she was gone, and probably a fair amount of time later before anyone actually went into the house checking on her (mostly calls and texts for quite a while.) MOO

He said he was one of the first people to notice her gone.

"I was the one who threw red flags," said Jack.

Dalton said she was dog-sitting here at his house Wednesday while he was in Dubuque for work and his brothers were in Ames.** That's why when she didn't show up to her job on Thursday morning, they knew something was wrong.

"She hadn't called in, said Jack. "I looked at my phone and noticed I texted her good morning that morning and she hadn't looked at it so I got ahold of her friends and family."

Mollie Tibbett's boyfriend confident she will be found

He was working in Dubuque the day Mollie disappeared, and only found out after friends and family called him late Thursday afternoon.

As soon as he heard Mollie was missing, he went back home to Brooklyn to look for her.

He, along with hundreds of volunteers in town, searched through every area Mollie could've been.

Because he was away, he says he didn't realize Mollie was missing until he got a panicked phone call.

"One of her coworkers called me and said Mollie had not called into work that day, and she hadn't showed up," Jack says. "And then I looked at the messages and she hadn't opened or read the message, and then I started getting in contact with her friends and family saying 'have you seen her or heard from?"

"And they all said the same thing, no we haven't heard from her since yesterday."

Dalton says the last time he heard from Mollie was on Wednesday. She had sent him a SnapChat that he ended up opening at 10 p.m.

**Ames and Dubuque are in opposite directions - Google Maps

We don't know if her phone is on her or what happened to it. We just know it isn't at the house and hasn't been found during searches - or at least they haven't said it has been found. I think they said it wasn't at the house tho. Her other things were.

Boyfriend was in Dubuque (only an hour and fifteen minutes from house) and his brother(s) were in opposite direction two hours and fifteen minutes from Brooklyn. Where was the fiancé?

And if I’m gone - I call to say good night, all is good here, will text you when I’m heading to work in the morning. Guess I don’t get the Snapchat allure. Plus I like it simple. A quick text beats trying to take a decent pic - at least at my age.

Boyfriend was in Dubuque (only an hour and fifteen minutes from house) and his brother(s) were in opposite direction two hours and fifteen minutes from Brooklyn. Where was the fiancé?

And if I’m gone - I call to say good night, all is good here, will text you when I’m heading to work in the morning. Guess I don’t get the Snapchat allure. Plus I like it simple. A quick text beats trying to take a decent pic - at least at my age.

I'm VERY curious about if he WAS with his brothers and one of his brother's fiance or if he WASN'T. We have heard it both ways now. I put a map in that post, hopefully it showed up.

Dubuque is about 2 hours 15 minutes from Brooklyn. I think Ames is about 1.5 hours.

Is the boyfriend in construction with his brother? Is that why he was away working?
If so, who all knew she was dog sitting by herself because her boyfriend was away? Is there a history of him traveling for work? Would she be an easy person to stalk/target because of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo