Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it’s someone that knows her every move. This person most likely knew she was home alone, knew she was going to work the next morning wearing the red shirt, probably knows she sends goodnight messages to her BF. Someone close a best friend maybe or at least someone she considers a best friend.

We have no idea what law enforcement knows because they aren't sharing. We don't know if there was a struggle or not. The family has stated that they don't know this.
A burglar would take a cell phone because it's valuable. A smart burglar would quickly remove the battery and SIM card.

I keep thinking about my Fitbit and how much potential info lies in that little device. If she has a very common Fitbit (Charge 2) like mine, it records her physical activity so they would be able to pinpoint her run. It also records things like your heart rate. I can literally look at my Fitbit and see my heart rate rise when I’m stressing out. So, for example, if there were a struggle, there may be evidence of it. Plus, if you wear it to bed, it would records what time you actually drift off to sleep, how well you sleep, and what time you woke.

Analytics are logged and displayed on my phone, so I get a daily/weekly map of my stress, activity, exercise, rest, etc. pinpointed to an exact time. That little piece of technology could answer a LOT of questions.

Boyfriend of missing Iowa woman vows to 'never stop' searching
On Monday, FBI officials received a search warrant to get inside the home where Tibbetts was staying for the summer with her boyfriend, his brother and his brother's fiancé.

“I don't know if anything I say will get that out of people's minds, but I had nothing to do with it,” Jack said.

-Again, I know he is young and under a lot of stress right now, but the wording- "...I had nothing to do with it" - with what? Could he mean something more or just her being missing in general...just struck me as odd.

Someone was watching this pretty female and knew when the construction trucks weren't at that house, the others residents were gone and she was alone.
And she knew this person is what I am thinking. She may have been confused when he or she showed up as to why or she may have known or invited them to visit. But this "friend" had other intentions.

There is no evidence that the brother didn't agree to have his house searched. Law enforcement routinely gets search warrants even when property owners give verbal permission. And evidence seized without a search warrant can be disputed. Giving permission to search a house is vague. If something is found in the house's garage, the defense attorney will try to have that evidence tossed saying the garage is not the house. A search warrant is very specific listing all rooms, closets, basement, sheds, attics, garages, and etc... With specific areas listed, evidence found in these areas can't get tossed out of the courtroom.
Thanks think I said that

On Monday, FBI officials received a search warrant to get inside the home where Tibbetts was staying for the summer with her boyfriend, his brother and his brother's fiancé.

“I don't know if anything I say will get that out of people's minds, but I had nothing to do with it,” Jack said.

-Again, I know he is young and under a lot of stress right now, but the wording- "...I had nothing to do with it" - with what? Could he mean something more or just her being missing in general...just struck me as odd.
Nothing to do with her disappearance. I’m sure he knows some will be suspicious of the boyfriend.

I keep thinking about my Fitbit and how much potential info lies in that little device. If she has a very common Fitbit (Charge 2) like mine, it records her physical activity so they would be able to pinpoint her run. It also records things like your heart rate. I can literally look at my Fitbit and see my heart rate rise when I’m stressing out. So, for example, if there were a struggle, there may be evidence of it. Plus, if you wear it to bed, it would records what time you actually drift off to sleep, how well you sleep, and what time you woke.

Analytics are logged and displayed on my phone, so I get a daily/weekly map of my stress, activity, exercise, rest, etc. pinpointed to an exact time. That little piece of technology could answer a LOT of questions.

She’s wearing it in one of the Instagram or VSCO pics.

Nothing to do with her disappearance. I’m sure he knows some will be suspicious of the boyfriend.
of course this would be true. He's pretty young, not knowing what happened to his gf and some social media is pointing the finger at him. He's trying to assimilate all of it. He must be in shock.
I've not read anything that makes me think the bf has any knowledge or involvement with her disappearance. They have been together nearly 3 years and there is nothing to indicate and violence that I have seen. Plus he was out of town for work when she went missing.
I actually think the fact that she was staying at her bf house while he was out of town is the answer. I think she had a stalker that she knew, but didn't realize his/her intent.
My daughter had a stalker. Scared the living daylights out of me. She knew him. Lots more to the story, but then his girlfriend joined in his stalking because she was jealous of his adoration for my daughter. Then she had 2 stalkers. Each had their own agenda, but I was very frightened for her. Stalkers are their own breed. And they will do things to get to their focused person you wouldn't believe.

Last edited:
And she knew this person is what I am thinking. She may have been confused when he or she showed up as to why or she may have known or invited them to visit. But this "friend" had other intentions.
There were 5 people who knew she would be alone that night by reports. The BF, the BF brother, the BF fiancee, the Mom and her brother only
None seem plausible in the inner circle. Somebody else knew she was alone.

He was obviously asked about people questioning his involvement in her disappearance, but the interviewer didn't include her question in the video. The editor of the video or the journalist then placed Dalton's statement out of context which made it appear he couldn't say the word "abduction" or "murder". He didn't need to say these frightening words which he, as her boyfriend of 3 years, must be avoiding or mentally blocking. This is sleazy journalism.

Capturing what is covered in the video on this page: Mollie Tibbett's boyfriend confident she will be found

SA = Stephanie Angleson
AS = Angelina Salcedo
DJ = Dalton Jack

SA: This is Mollie Tibbetts. The University of Iowa student has been missing since she went for a run last Wednesday. Here's where she was last seen. Mollie is from Brooklyn, that's about an hour from Des Moines. Around 5:30 Wednesday night Mollie went for a run. That's the last time she was seen. Around 7pm she sent a text, and then at 10pm she sent her boyfriend Dalton a Snapchat. In tonight's big story, local 5's Angelina Salcedo joins us now after that emotional conversation with Dalton.
AS: Well Dalton was working in Dubuque when Mollie went missing last Wednesday. He says he never noticed anything was wrong until family and friends started calling him late thursday afternoon. But just like everyone else, he says he doesn't know where Mollie could be and is just hoping she'll come home soon.
DJ: This is not like her.
AS: Dalton Jack is living in a nightmare.
DJ: I figured y'know I'd speak to her in an hour or so.
AS: And right now it's one he can't wake up from.
DJ: I came home as soon as her mom said that she called the hospital and she wasn't there.
AS: The last time the 20 year old saw Mollie was on Wednesday at 10pm when he opened a Snapchat from her.
DJ: It was just a selfie with a caption and I don't remember what the caption said but it looked like she was inside.
AS: He never thought he wouldn't hear from her again. When he texted her early Thursday morning, he didn't notice the message hadn't been read until her friend called late that afternoon.
DJ: One of her coworkers called me and said Mollie had not called in to work that day and she hadn't shown up, and then i looked at the messages and she hadnt opened or read any

These two quotes are about 30 seconds apart and are either contradictory or at very least, confusing....

DJ: I came home as soon as her mom said that she called the hospital and she wasn't there.

DJ: One of her coworkers called me and said Mollie had not called in to work that day and she hadn't shown up, and then i looked at the messages and she hadnt opened or read any of them so I started getting in contact with her friends and her family saying hey have you seen her, have you heard from her. And everybody came up with the same thing: no, I haven't seen her since yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo