Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s correct but meant it more from the bf’s perspective as I don’t see him responding or paying attention to his phone if he’s performing particular construction jobs.

Does anyone know if LE or FBI used helicopters with heat seeking cameras to see if she’s being held captive anywhere? Probably would have been a good opportunity when the “whole town” was out searching.

Yes they did use the heat seeking cameras in/at many homes and drones too.

There were 5 people who knew she would be alone that night by reports. The BF, the BF brother, the BF fiancee, the Mom and her brother only
None seem plausible in the inner circle. Somebody else knew she was alone.

She probably mentioned at work that she's home alone for a few days?

I think someone from work gave her a lift ...

She could also have stalker at college who turned up at her home.

As I understand it, though, Mollie was at home taking care of the dogs, not operating a hot stove. Not doing anything that would prevent her from replying for hours.

No he sent a text or several in the morning when he would have expected her to be at work, so he wouldn't have expected her to answer right away.

Doesn't feel like a stalker case, doesn't feel like a Sherri Papini either (though it would be best if Mollie did disappear voluntarily and then returned). Bobo-wise, there's an element of Clint, somehow, someone whose story might not end up adding up, someone not telling everything s/he knows - that sort of feeling.

But who knows.

On Monday, FBI officials received a search warrant to get inside the home where Tibbetts was staying for the summer with her boyfriend, his brother and his brother's fiancé.

One possibility is that given that LE is uncertain if Mollie is the victim of a crime or a voluntary missing, the warrant's necessary to deal with the issue of Mollie's lack of availability to give consent to search. Roommates can only consent to searches of common areas and areas they inhabit/control. So the BF et al could not give effective consent to search Mollie's personal space/items. Esp important if Mollie has a personal computer/laptop/other devices that LE wants to access.

Last edited:
I've been following since the beginning with hopes that Mollie will reappear with the message that she needed a break. Sadly, I don't believe that will be the case.

I think that LE is keep most information from everyone, including family. In a small town like Brooklyn, they would have to keep any information very close to the chest to avoid tipping off a potentially local perpetrator. I sincerely hope they have some information that will bring some answers for her loved ones.

I think suicide is the least likely and a perpetrator known to her to be the mostly likely.

So many questions....and few to no answers....will continue to hope for a positive outcome.

Taking the yellow google guy for a walk, it appears to me that a camera may be mounted on the roof of the TIP Electric Cooperative. I'm wondering if that camera was operational? Was it live only or taped? If taped, then checked before recorded over?
Still trying to catch up this morning so I don't know if there have been any developments but I'm in 100% agreement with you.

I just heard about this case and came over here to see what's going on, and I have been trying to catch up.

When the BF said--if I am understanding this correctly, and I may very well not be--that he sent her a text or some other kind of message but didn't realize until hours later that she hadn't responded, my alarm bells went off.

I'm OLD, with a long attention span, and if I text Mr. Izzy and he doesn't respond fairly quickly, my panic level increases with every passing hour.

You young'uns here, please chime in: is it normal to communicate with your significant other and not get a pretty rapid reply and not think that's weird?

It seems weird to me.

Again: the media reports about this case are all over the place so I may not have facts straight. I welcome correction.
Mollie's boyfriend is a construction worker. This means he climbs on roofs, operates heavy equipment when needed, climbs under home foundations, works around electrical wires, and other lethal activities. His job prevents him from checking his phone every few minutes. I don't find his behavior sketchy.

Dalton was in Dubuque while his brothers were in Ames when Mollie disappeared.

>>snip

While it may have been well intended, a lot of things people have been publishing have incorrect information about Tibbetts. This includes her height, age and misspelling her middle and last name.

Dalton Jack said he's been dating Tibbetts for close to three years now. He said he was one of the first people to notice her gone.

"I was the one who threw red flags," said Jack.

Dalton said she was dog-sitting at his house Wednesday while he was in Dubuque for work and his brothers were in Ames. That's why when she didn't show up to her job on Thursday morning, they knew something was wrong.

"She hadn't called in,” said Jack. "I looked at my phone and noticed I texted her good morning that morning, and she hadn't looked at it. So I got ahold of her friends and family."

Family, boyfriend of Mollie Tibbetts clear up misinformation surrounding case

She probably mentioned at work that she's home alone for a few days?

I think someone from work gave her a lift ...

She could also have stalker at college who turned up at her home.
The handyman who fixes the broken things in my old house has his truck and garage burglarized several times each year. Addicts know that tools easily sell.

Dalton and his brothers worked construction jobs. An opportunistic addict may have gone to the property to steal while they were out-of-town and found Mollie alone.

These two quotes are about 30 seconds apart and are either contradictory or at very least, confusing....

DJ: I came home as soon as her mom said that she called the hospital and she wasn't there.

DJ: One of her coworkers called me and said Mollie had not called in to work that day and she hadn't shown up, and then i looked at the messages and she hadnt opened or read any of them so I started getting in contact with her friends and her family saying hey have you seen her, have you heard from her. And everybody came up with the same thing: no, I haven't seen her since yesterday.
I do not feel these are contradictory at all. He started getting worried, in Dubuque, when someone called him and he started calling around and no one had seen her for a while. Then, when her mom had checked the hospital and Mollie was not there, he decided to come home to Brooklyn.

I can't help but think of our friend "Foxfire" who would say that LE still refuses to use its greatest resource, THE PUBLIC, when someone goes missing. Sometimes, these small town sheriff's release little to no information when in fact, releasing most of it could bring the case to a conclusion must faster than ordinary because of the public's help.

It *could*.

But it also *could* hinder a prosecution/chances of conviction if they have a suspect, and pretty sure knowledge that she's deceased, and release too much while trying to pin the killer down in terms of evidence.

Sometimes LE is inexperienced, ineffective, make mistakes...they're human. Sometimes, they're just doing the right thing we just can't be made aware of it and (understandably) it frustrates the poop outta us!

The handyman who fixes the broken things in my old house has his truck and garage burglarized several times each year. Addicts know that tools easily sell.

Dalton and his brothers worked construction jobs. An opportunistic addict may have gone to the property to steal while they were out-of-town and found Mollie alone.
This makes sense except for the lack of her body. If some addict broke in thinking the house was empty and he could rob the house only to find Mollie there I would think he would kill her at the spot and leave her there. Having the wherewithal to effectively hide her without a trace doesn’t seem in the wheelhouse of an addict who thought he was going to steal tools to finance his habit and ended up killing someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth