DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
what is it

From Finding Mollie Tibbetts FB

Tuesday morning July 24

At this time, we have no news to share of our efforts to find Mollie. We know the investigation team continues to work so very hard, in a variety of ways, to bring Mollie home. Many of these efforts will just take time, and as frustrating as that feels, it is just part of how such investigations work. If you have any information or possible tips, please contact the Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office. Tips@poweshiekcosheriff.com

At this time, the family has NOT set up any kind of fund to help our efforts to find Mollie. If that changes, we will announce it here first.

I have received hundreds of messages from so many of you. While I have tried to respond to as many as possible, please know that every message and email has been read and acted upon as necessary.

We remain so grateful for the efforts that all of you have given to find Mollie! We know her flyers are posted across the country, truck drivers and motorcycle groups are sharing her information, and there have hundreds of thousands of tweets and Facebook shares. PLEASE continue these efforts so that Mollie’s story stays at the top of newsfeeds and pages!

Thank you.

sorry, they said in the article she has "family ties" in Utah,and a bolo for her was put out. Interesting I thought.
This article sends a clear message to me that she has probably left on her own. I have thought this from the beginning with her posts regarding mental health. Yes, she is a psychology professor but that does not discount that she could also suffer from mental illness. What if she left on her own. Didn’t realize the magnitude of response her disappearance would cause and now she is fearful of coming forward?? It happens and has happened. The lack of begging and pleading by her family coupled with the LE response has led me to believe they think this may be purposeful in some sense.

Tuesday morning July 24

At this time, we have no news to share of our efforts to find Mollie. We know the investigation team continues to work so very hard, in a variety of ways, to bring Mollie home. Many of these efforts will just take time, and as frustrating as that feels, it is just part of how such investigations work. If you have any information or possible tips, please contact the Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office. Tips@poweshiekcosheriff.com

At this time, the family has NOT set up any kind of fund to help our efforts to find Mollie. If that changes, we will announce it here first.

I have received hundreds of messages from so many of you. While I have tried to respond to as many as possible, please know that every message and email has been read and acted upon as necessary.

We remain so grateful for the efforts that all of you have given to find Mollie! We know her flyers are posted across the country, truck drivers and motorcycle groups are sharing her information, and there have hundreds of thousands of tweets and Facebook shares. PLEASE continue these efforts so that Mollie’s story stays at the top of newsfeeds and pages!

Thank you.

what is it
Update From Finding Mollie Tibbetts

I'd really like to know about the snap she sent the bf. Did she send it after the run? What was she wearing at the time? It sounds like the last official sighting is before/during the run. Is it possible there was a hit and run (accident) along her running route and with the cornfields and such she just hasn't been discovered yet?

Tuesday morning July 24

Thank you.

Update From Finding Mollie Tibbetts
thank you

I'd really like to know about the snap she sent the bf. Did she send it after the run? What was she wearing at the time? It sounds like the last official sighting is before/during the run. Is it possible there was a hit and run (accident) along her running route and with the cornfields and such she just hasn't been discovered yet?

>>snip

Around 10 p.m. last Wednesday, Jack opened a SnapChat message from his girlfriend. He said when he opened it, he expected to talk to her again soon.

"It was just a selfie with a caption, and I don't remember what the caption said," he said. "It looked like she was inside."

It's unclear what time Tibbetts sent the message, but Jack told ABC News that it would have been part of her routine to go running a few hours before the time he opened it.

"She goes for a run every night. She likes to go whenever the sun's not down, but it's starting cool off, like 6 or 7," he said.

Boyfriend of missing college student speaks out

I am personally getting a bit of an Allison Cope vibe from the entire situation. Is there any indication that she may have needed time away? Was school a bit much? Was there any indication that her BF was more serious about their relationship than she was (thinking about that upcoming trip to the DR)?

Fingers crossed that she is out there safe somewhere <3

>>snip

"She hadn't called in,” said Jack. "I looked at my phone and noticed I texted her good morning that morning, and she hadn't looked at it. So I got ahold of her friends and family."

Family, boyfriend of Mollie Tibbetts clear up misinformation surrounding case

This may not matter but I am still a little unclear about this part.

Because I know that he can tell in Snapchat whether or not she viewed a message he sent but since he is saying "texted" here. I didnt think it was possible with normal text messages to know whether or not someone views a text? I dont think its possible is it?

Maybe he meant because she never replied back to the text or maybe it was really a snapchat again and he just used the texted wording for the snapchat message.

"She hadn't called in,” said Jack. "I looked at my phone and noticed I texted her good morning that morning, and she hadn't looked at it. So I got ahold of her friends and family."

>>snip

Around 10 p.m. last Wednesday, Jack opened a SnapChat message from his girlfriend. He said when he opened it, he expected to talk to her again soon.

"It was just a selfie with a caption, and I don't remember what the caption said," he said. "It looked like she was inside."

It's unclear what time Tibbetts sent the message, but Jack told ABC News that it would have been part of her routine to go running a few hours before the time he opened it.

"She goes for a run every night. She likes to go whenever the sun's not down, but it's starting cool off, like 6 or 7," he said.

Boyfriend of missing college student speaks out

Right. He opened it at 10. But we don't know when she sent it. Was she wearing her running clothes about to head out? Did she send it after she got back from the run? Were her running clothes found at the house? Just trying to nail down the timeline a little. Something happening while out running vs between when she returned and was to leave in the morning for work.

That’s not “outside the box” at all. There’s absolutely no evidence (that I’m aware of anyway) to suggest she was taken against her will. I also think she left on her own accord, but taking that thought one step further: is she now missing because she intentionally doesn’t want to be found, or did something happen after she left?
I agree. I think she left on her own but is now alarmed at the National response to her disappearance.

This may not matter but I am still a little unclear about this part.

Because I know that he can tell in Snapchat whether or not she viewed a message he sent but since he is saying "texted" here. I didnt think it was possible with normal text messages to know whether or not someone views a text? I dont think its possible is it?

Maybe he meant because she never replied back to the text or maybe it was really a snapchat again and he just used the texted wording for the snapchat message.

I'm an android user, so not quite sure but it seems like this came up in another case. Can iPhone users see if other iPhone users viewed texts?

Speculation here

I keep thinking about Mollie's brothers friends. Could one of them have had a crush on Mollie...and also could have known that Mollie did not have her car and that she was home alone. A simple innocent mention from the brother to one of his friends that "I have to see if my sister needs the car she is staying at JD's" or some thing to that effect) could have easily tipped off someone that Mollie was home alone. And, if it was a friend of one of her brothers she may have not feared said person.
Again, just speculation above.

I do think foul play has taken place.
I do not think the bf is involved.
I have been wrong before.

I'm about 15 miles from Brooklyn, so just a few thoughts from a local:
  • The area had severe storms the day she was reported missing and may have very well wiped important evidence (i.e. footprints, tire tracks, evidence of struggle)
  • Local LE has little to no experience in something like this. The crime scene was likely compromised by many persons, simply due to lack of experience.
  • There's speculation that she may have been taken in the morning prior to work since the red shirt she was to wear that day was missing. However, her glasses are contacts were also left at his home and her family states she has very poor vision and can't see well without them. Why would she have prepared and dressed for work prior to putting her glasses/contacts on?
  • In small towns like Brooklyn and these rural communities, it is not uncommon to leave doors unlocked, especially while in the company of dogs.
  • The probability of her 'just leaving on her own' is VERY low in my opinion. From a local perspective, this idea is just not plausible. School is about to start back up and if she wanted a break from the life she's living, well it's right around the corner.

I agree. I think she left on her own but is now alarmed at the National response to her disappearance.

That has pretty much happened in a few cases where someone is surprised at the attention their disappearance caused. Some left without telling others and didnt realize people would start to worry.

But she was dog sitting with responsibilities the dogs and also she had work job.

I am curious for the people that think she may have left on her own accord then what would be the reason she left. Maybe with all the things in her life it became too overwhelming for her and she just wanted to get away from it all? There was a lot of major things going on in her life. School, Work, attending the upcoming wedding out of country, other things.

I suppose that is possible.
I have wondered about the upcoming wedding. You know surely her and her BF began to at least consider marriage of their own since they were going to attend marriage of his brother. Maybe there had been some serious marriage discussions and she began to realize she did not want to marry him. Running away could be her attempt to end the relationship without giving him bad news.
Hmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member