DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sgreeting_welcome_sign_general_100-109.gif

taiuqsab! to WS!

Nice to have a local on here!

I’m not worried about Mollie not going home to eat fatty brats. Molly was going to a beach wedding in a week -wear a swimsuit and have lots of photos taken. My daughters who're Mollie’s age would've been eating only low-calorie salads worrying about the wedding swimsuit photos that would hang on the walls forever and ever and ever.

I'm about 15 miles from Brooklyn, so just a few thoughts from a local:
  • The area had severe storms the day she was reported missing and may have very well wiped important evidence (i.e. footprints, tire tracks, evidence of struggle)
  • Local LE has little to no experience in something like this. The crime scene was likely compromised by many persons, simply due to lack of experience.
  • There's speculation that she may have been taken in the morning prior to work since the red shirt she was to wear that day was missing. However, her glasses are contacts were also left at his home and her family states she has very poor vision and can't see well without them. Why would she have prepared and dressed for work prior to putting her glasses/contacts on?
  • In small towns like Brooklyn and these rural communities, it is not uncommon to leave doors unlocked, especially while in the company of dogs.
  • The probability of her 'just leaving on her own' is VERY low in my opinion. From a local perspective, this idea is just not plausible. School is about to start back up and if she wanted a break from the life she's living, well it's right around the corner.

Worth noting:

the storms were Thursday afternoon after the “missing” posts were all over Facebook. I was storm chasing in the area that day and read about Mollie just before I took off.

While the local PD or even the Sherriff’s department may (or may not) lack experience in something like this, DCI was on it right away and they are certainly trained, experienced and capable. When DCI suspects foul play is likely they publicly say so - and they have not to my knowledge said anything of the sort.

Red shirt is missing, but speculating that means she dressed for work isn’t necessarily correct. Same with her contacts and glasses - most of us who can’t see without them have plenty extra on hand.

Not uncommon in this area to leave doors unlocked, but didn’t somebody earlier mention that this girl with California ties does lock her doors? And those dogs... it wouldn’t be easy to “scope out” or approach a rural house unnoticed.

While the people who know her say she would never just leave on her own, isn’t that exactly what friends and family say almost any time somebody does in fact leave on their own?

In all it would take a series of very improbable events to put together a scenario where she was abducted leaving behind no evidence whatsoever.

Speculation here

I keep thinking about Mollie's brothers friends. Could one of them have had a crush on Mollie...and also could have known that Mollie did not have her car and that she was home alone. A simple innocent mention from the brother to one of his friends that "I have to see if my sister needs the car she is staying at JD's" or some thing to that effect) could have easily tipped off someone that Mollie was home alone. And, if it was a friend of one of her brothers she may have not feared said person.
Again, just speculation above.brother,

I do think foul play has taken place.
I do not think the bf is involved.
I have been wrong before.
Thinking this also. There are only 5 people known that would have known she was alone - her mom, brother, her boyfriend, boyfriend brother and boyfriend brother fiancee. It's possible that a friend of the boyfriend or someone she worked with (getting a ride?) knew also.
The family has been very cooperative in not giving out information (even it seems extended family from other states), but revealing the red shirt sticks out as something significant IMO

From linked article:

"The searches were called off Monday, according to local news outlets..."

I thought they were called off on Friday?

"The last known contact her daughter had with anyone was about 10 p.m. Wednesday, Calderwood said, when she exchanged Snapchat messages with her boyfriend."

"Exchanged Snapchat messages"? I thought he hadn't replied to her single selfie good night Snapchat?

Still getting some odd reporting, folks.
The Gazette has been one of the worst for inaccurate reporting.

Unless we learn more about her contact/glasses habits from her family/boyfriend, just from my own experience, I think the possibility that she had an extra pair and may have been wearing them shouldn’t be discounted. IMOO

What if she decided she’d taken care of the dogs for the evening and would take the shirt she was to wear in the morning and walk to her moms for dinner and to just stay at her moms house so the ride to work wouldn’t be an issue in the morning? And something happened on the walk? Or she decided to walk over to her moms house in the morning to just borrow the car, but never made it?

Could it be possible that she dropped/broke her phone and decided to walk to her moms since she could no longer reach her brother about a ride? Maybe someone offered to let her use a phone or give her a ride on the way?

Idk if phone records would be able to tell if the phone was off due to it breaking or not.

My current feeling is that she walked out of her boyfriends house willingly, but never intended to disappear.

Really hope I’m wrong.

All IMOO

Would the house have a landline? (We're so jaded by wireless now adays LOL)

One thing that I can see with regards to the trafficking is that she is 5'2" and about 120 lbs. It wouldn't be hard to mistake her for being younger than she really is. It worries me that she lives so close to Interstate 80. I live in the area and Brooklyn, IA is only 4 miles from I-80.

I’m not caught up on this thread, but Iowa is starting to become a hot spot for trafficking. There have been quite a few busts recently in some of the large Iowa cities. LE could be worried about this because of how young she looks.

Worth noting:

the storms were Thursday afternoon after the “missing” posts were all over Facebook. I was storm chasing in the area that day and read about Mollie just before I took off.

While the local PD or even the Sherriff’s department may (or may not) lack experience in something like this, DCI was on it right away and they are certainly trained, experienced and capable. When DCI suspects foul play is likely they publicly say so - and they have not to my knowledge said anything of the sort.

Red shirt is missing, but speculating that means she dressed for work isn’t necessarily correct. Same with her contacts and glasses - most of us who can’t see without them have plenty extra on hand.

Not uncommon in this area to leave doors unlocked, but didn’t somebody earlier mention that this girl with California ties does lock her doors? And those dogs... it wouldn’t be easy to “scope out” or approach a rural house unnoticed.

While the people who know her say she would never just leave on her own, isn’t that exactly what friends and family say almost any time somebody does in fact leave on their own?

In all it would take a series of very improbable events to put together a scenario where she was abducted leaving behind no evidence whatsoever.
I am not concerned if she had extra contacts, the concern part is if she had them in or not. We do know she had to work in the morning and she had to get a ride there one way or another.

Has it been (reliably) reported what kind of phone Mollie has and if it was possible if BF could have known if she'd read his text(s) Thursday morning? There are selfies of her on the VSCO, maybe someone could tell what kind of phone she has (if it's an iPhone or other) ?

I don’t understand why it’s stated that only 5 people knew she was alone. She was a young girl and not a recluse. I doubt only 5 knew she was alone. I’m sure the police are looking into many, many people. My opinion is the answer lies in something we’d consider (or at least I would) as coming from left field. MOO

That has pretty much happened in a few cases where someone is surprised at the attention their disappearance caused. Some left without telling others and didnt realize people would start to worry.

But she was dog sitting with responsibilities the dogs and also she had work job.

I am curious for the people that think she may have left on her own accord then what would be the reason she left. Maybe with all the things in her life it became too overwhelming for her and she just wanted to get away from it all? There was a lot of major things going on in her life. School, Work, attending the upcoming wedding out of country, other things.

I suppose that is possible.
I have wondered about the upcoming wedding. You know surely her and her BF began to at least consider marriage of their own since they were going to attend marriage of his brother. Maybe there had been some serious marriage discussions and she began to realize she did not want to marry him. Running away could be her attempt to end the relationship without giving him bad news.
Hmmmmm

BBM-Wouldn't that be great?!! I would love for this to be the case, and now she is gathering her courage to make contact with someone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo