Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the bf sent the snap to himself from her phone...

There are plenty of young killers who plan their murder well in advance. There was a case where a woman broke up with her boyfriend, and he flew home, then drove back to her house to meet up and killed her where they met to talk. So even if not planned, it could have worked out in a similar way.

My thoughts are either the bf, or a random abduction being wrong place at the wrong time.

Never ever tell anyone you staying home alone ladies...ever.
But the SnapChat would have been a video of her?

JMO
Been reading back and sadly I think something bad happened.

I think its likely she disappeared the following morning because of the red shirt being missing and plans to have some sort of organized everyone wearing red shirt at work.
If I read that right.

The jogging happened the night before so I dont think jogging or the witness seeing her jogging had anything to do with this.

What bothers me the most is all the recent action in her life and the people most close to her. These are all big things and so lots of emotion flying around for all of them.

Planning to move into new apartment for first time in her life.

Planning to go to BFs brothers upcoming wedding in Dominican Republic

BF and his brother working out of town along with brothers Fiance. Family businesses sometimes have issues as family members trying to work together. The working situation sounds a little strange to me depending on who was staying with who while out of town. And she has to hold down fort alone.

And she was supposedly sharing a car with her own brother. That alone sounds like a potential for conflict when both need car at same time. Ive never heard of that before between brother and sister having to share a car.

That snapchat at end of night bothers me too. Something a little too final about it. May have been just the way it was reported but I dont like the sound of that.

Right now if I was LE I would be interviewing those closest to her. All of them. Bring out the lie detectors if they need to.

My thinking at this point (subject to change) is she got up early while still dark. Let the dogs out. Got ready for work and out for quick jog. Then something happened. Her personal belongings left at the house tell me she intended to return and head to work.

I don’t think she would run in her red shirt

Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery

So, going by this, it was THAT night she was supposed to be home for dinner and no-showed.

This is a great article btw guys - has her activities listed of what she did earlier in the day (new info as far as I know)

Mollie's mom says her son texted Mollie at 7:30 AM "to see if she needed a ride home. She never responded."
I wonder if that means a ride home after work, or a ride home to Mom's house that morning and then she would leave for work from there?
It's confusing and makes me wonder if she ever rode to work with someone else.

JMO
Been reading back and sadly I think something bad happened.

I think its likely she disappeared the following morning because of the red shirt being missing and plans to have some sort of organized everyone wearing red shirt at work.
If I read that right.

The jogging happened the night before so I dont think jogging or the witness seeing her jogging had anything to do with this.

What bothers me the most is all the recent action in her life and the people most close to her. These are all big things and so lots of emotion flying around for all of them.

Planning to move into new apartment for first time in her life.

Planning to go to BFs brothers upcoming wedding in Dominican Republic

BF and his brother working out of town along with brothers Fiance. Family businesses sometimes have issues as family members trying to work together. The working situation sounds a little strange to me depending on who was staying with who while out of town. And she has to hold down fort alone.

And she was supposedly sharing a car with her own brother. That alone sounds like a potential for conflict when both need car at same time. Ive never heard of that before between brother and sister having to share a car.

That snapchat at end of night bothers me too. Something a little too final about it. May have been just the way it was reported but I dont like the sound of that.

Right now if I was LE I would be interviewing those closest to her. All of them. Bring out the lie detectors if they need to.
I believe I saw somewhere that it was usual for her to send a good night message (Snapchat). That corn keeps coming to my mind. Seems like last year around this time there was another case involving corn going on in Illinois.

Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery
Calderwood said she had exchanged several text messages with her daughter that afternoon.

“She had sent me a shopping list for a dessert she wanted to make and take to work,” she said. “I texted her that I got the ingredients and asked if she was coming home for dinner.”

According to Calderwood, Tibbetts said she would be home and asked what they were having and she replied “brats.” Tibbetts said, “Ok.”
----------
Strange that her mom didn't check in since not only did they have dinner plans but plans to make a dessert for work. Her mom even bought all the ingredients for the dessert.

So weird to me. My mom would have been really worried and called everyone wondering if I was ok- if we had plans like that and was no call, no show.

Mollie's mom says her son texted Mollie at 7:30 AM "to see if she needed a ride home. She never responded."
I wonder if that means a ride home after work, or a ride home to Mom's house that morning and then she would leave for work from there?

The whole car sharing with her brother really bothers me. I cant see that working out without conflict. And how is that even sharing when he is just offering her a ride?

Was it more like his car in his mind and he just gave her a ride every now and then.
Just a bad deal sooner or later.

Mollie's mom says her son texted Mollie at 7:30 AM "to see if she needed a ride home. She never responded."I wonder if that means a ride home after work, or a ride home to Mom's house that morning and then she would leave for work from there?
That's incorrect information. Four days ago this was posted. The brother called to see if she needed a ride TO work. This was from DJ's mother:

She continued, writing, “She was staying at his place that he shares with my other son & my other son’s fiance to take care of their dogs while everyone was out of town for work. She is home for summer break from college. The last contact anyone has had with her was a Snapchat photo she sent to my son at around 10pm on Weds night. Her brother had her car (as they share it) and she did not respond to the text message he sent to her on Thurs morning asking if she needed it for work. She did not show up for work on Thurs. She is the most beautiful, kind, sweet woman and we all miss her and want her back home.”
Mollie Tibbetts Family: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

<mod note: changed name to initials>

Last edited by a moderator:
At that age, that demographic (young, unmarried, no kids or property issues) it would be unusual to premeditate a murder with that level of planning.

Typically it's something that occurs due to an attempted break up and occurs without developing alibis.

Usually they kill the girlfriend or boyfriend in the home and either move the body, or say they weren't there, etc.

I've seen planning extensive alibis align more with older perps who feel they have a lot to lose and aren't as impulsive.

It will be interesting to see what pans out.

I see what you're saying and agree to a certain point. There have been many cases where something similar has happened (the killer thinks they are too far away to be suspected, but they're not) and the killer thinks they have a fool proof alibi- but really it is far from it. If a boyfriend wanted to do something like this, this could be his opportunity.

Not saying that is the case here...or isn't the case here.

Maybe the bf sent the snap to himself from her phone...

There are plenty of young killers who plan their murder well in advance. There was a case where a woman broke up with her boyfriend, and he flew home, then drove back to her house to meet up and killed her where they met to talk. So even if not planned, it could have worked out in a similar way.

My thoughts are either the bf, or a random abduction being wrong place at the wrong time.

Never ever tell anyone you staying home alone ladies...ever.

Yeah. It can happen. I don't think anything can be ruled out yet. But it's unusual at that age to plan an advanced alibi and double back, from what I've seen. Especially when others have to be in on the alibi.

The mother looks like she didn’t think anything of it that her daughter didn’t show up for dinner, because she thought she was busy with other things.
That wouldn't have necessarily set off alarm bells for me either. Not right away at least. Maybe if we were going OUT to dinner and were riding in the same car. But for a casual hey Mom what's for dinner no show, I might just assume she changed her mind and not give it a second thought.

Everytime this happens to another young girl, I shudder and think but for the Grace of God ... I wish no family ever had to endure this heartache.

Yeah. It can happen. I don't think anything can be ruled out yet. But it's unusual at that age to plan an advanced alibi and double back, from what I've seen. Especially when others have to be in on the alibi.

Maybe they don't have to be in on the alibi and it was all done overnight. It would be ballsy tho bc they could wake up and notice he is gone or a truck is gone, etc. If they're staying in a hotel with separate rooms- that would be a lot easier. Chances are they were bc it could be weird to share a hotel room with an engaged couple.

The garage appears small, like a large shed. I'm not sure that a large pickup, which men that work construction usually drive, would comfortably fit inside it. A construction truck with ladders on top wouldn't fit inside it. The brothers may have needed to park on the driveway.
View attachment 139632
The fiancé would have a car? I’m guessing not - just uses the work truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper