Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple minor clarifications:

The local stations in Des Moines are KCCI channel 8, woi channel 5 and who channel 13. But I don’t know Cedar Rapids/iowa city area stations.

Grinnell and Brooklyn are different towns. And grinnell regional medical center covers populations from multiple towns/surrounding area.

I have read almost every article, comment, post etc out there and it’s just about, uncommon, that in day 5 there is STILL no verified timeline. Honestly it means zero to me that friends family are commenting that the BF was cleared. IMO, he’s still just as much of a suspect as anyone else until LE says otherwise.

IMO, I think she very well could have gone out that night after her run and packed her work shirt a “just incase” she ended up staying somewhere else. I think her closest friends probably know way more than their willing to disclose with the public. Not sure why I feel this way, but I do. Especially where/who she was with Wednesday night.
LE doesn’t want even the littlest thing being shared (obviously because lack of info publicly from them or family), but why?
Are they afraid they will tip someone off? Do they believe she’s alive and don’t want to risk any chances?

But have we typically seen people cleared within 5 days of an investigation? These days that would be incredible.

I'm not ready to say LE is dropping the ball. They have much more info than we do.

Josh was cleared by LE within hours, HOURS, of Sierah going missing. Mollie's BF has a phone obviously. I assume he would hand over his phone immediately. LE would be able to see if the phone traveled anywhere at the very least, if it was turned off, texts, phone calls, etc. BF coul give LE his password to his phone account so they could see if anything was deleted. Brother and fiance could easily be his alibi but they haven't even said THAT.
I find this whole investigation, and lack of press conferences bizarre

Josh was cleared by LE within hours, HOURS, of Sierah going missing. Mollie's BF has a phone obviously. I assume he would hand over his phone immediately. LE would be able to see if the phone traveled anywhere at the very least, if it was turned off, texts, phone calls, etc. BF coul give LE his password to his phone account so they could see if anything was deleted. Brother and fiance could easily be his alibi but they haven't even said THAT.
I find this whole investigation, and lack of press conferences bizarre
I actually think the fbi was called in pretty quick on that case. I dont think the locals have the resources

Yeah, why aren't they standing in front of cameras begging for people to find Mollie? Does law enforcement not want tips from non-local residents? Does her family have lots of money? Are they waiting for a ransom call? Her aunt and Dalton's mom have done all the talking. Why shut down the FB page comments when it might bring in a useful tip? It's weird.
I believe they shut down the fb comments because they were getting a lot of disgusting messages from trolls and many ppl are spreading rumors and stories about Mollie. I believe a family member reading such comments would be hysterical.

I have read almost every article, comment, post etc out there and it’s just about, uncommon, that in day 5 there is STILL no verified timeline. Honestly it means zero to me that friends family are commenting that the BF was cleared. IMO, he’s still just as much of a suspect as anyone else until LE says otherwise.

IMO, I think she very well could have gone out that night after her run and packed her work shirt a “just incase” she ended up staying somewhere else. I think her closest friends probably know way more than their willing to disclose with the public. Not sure why I feel this way, but I do. Especially where/who she was with Wednesday night.
LE doesn’t want even the littlest thing being shared (obviously because lack of info publicly from them or family), but why?
Are they afraid they will tip someone off? Do they believe she’s alive and don’t want to risk any chances?

I agree completely. As I said before, Josh was cleared in a few hours and it was announced, on television, by LE that he was not a suspect. Just the fact that they waited 5 days to call in help...that makes me so sad for Mollie.

I believe they shut down the fb comments because they were getting a lot of disgusting messages from trolls and many ppl are spreading rumors and stories about Mollie. I believe a family member reading such comments would be hysterical.
That's why you appoint FB page managers to delete the troll comments, but leave the comments section open in case someone posts an unknown important detail.

I also find it odd that all the information seems to becoming from other sources besides the mother and brother.
Families of Missing Persons are advised to choose a spokesperson - usually it is a relative or family friend - rather than the father or mother or siblings unless they are sure they can handle what is going to come their way.

According to one of the posts by the admin of the page turning off comments was a recommendation of BCI.

What about the dogs?

I agree completely. As I said before, Josh was cleared in a few hours and it was announced, on television, by LE that he was not a suspect. Just the fact that they waited 5 days to call in help...that makes me so sad for Mollie.
They clear people to keep them talking, not to say he did anything. However thats what they usually do

I actually think the fbi was called in pretty quick on that case. I dont think the locals have the resources
BCI and FBI was involved early in Mollie's case. A news story on Friday about obtaining the phone records and social media accounts mentioned the involvement. Turn around time with FBI involvement is a matter of a few hours at most because the FBI is co-located with ATT, Sprint and Verizon (the only real phone providers - everyone else buys time/capacity on these providers lines). With BCI it might take a little longer - like until the next day. Without either it would take two to three weeks.

BCI and FBI was involved early in Mollie's case. A news story on Friday about obtaining the phone records and social media accounts mentioned the involvement. Turn around time with FBI involvement is a matter of a few hours at most because the FBI is co-located with ATT, Sprint and Verizon (the only real phone providers - everyone else buys time/capacity on these providers lines). With BCI it might take a little longer - like until the next day. Without either it would take two to three weeks.
I was talking about another case, not this one

JMO
Slightly OT
Ive always felt there is a need in the US and maybe the world eventually to have a well accepted Missing Persons type internet site different than FB. Something setup with the sole purpose to list Missing Person cases to allow the sharing of critical information and ideas from the public. Options like having your case moderated or not and other features could be built into it.

My biggest problem with FB is it wasnt built for that sole purpose and a lot of people dont have FB id so some cases you cant even view unless you are a subscriber and they have it private.

If its built well then people will start to use it and it can really take off. I guess that is a challenge for website builders to build a really good site for that sole purpose and see if it goes viral and takes off.

What about the dogs?
What about them?
They don’t look, from the pictures, that they are old dogs. And it’s not uncommon for a dog sitter to go let dogs out feed them spend some time with them take them out again and then leave until the next morning.
I used to work for a dog kennel in high school and 6pm was their last time for the night out and then I would be back at 6am for their morning meals, meds and to be let out.
IMO, it’s not uncommon for dogs to be left overnight if the owners are away for a few days.
If she fed them Thursday morning how would anyone know, especially if the BF his brother and fiancé were the next ones to see the dogs. ..imo

I just saw this -- please forgive if it has already been posted:

'We Are Looking at Everything and Everybody' in Search for Student Who Disappeared After Jog: Sheriff
July 23, 2018 04:00 PM
It has been five days since 20-year-old University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts vanished without a trace after heading out for a run in Brooklyn, Iowa, and local authorities tell PEOPLE they are investigating multiple possible answers to the mystery.
Kayakers were also directed to sweep two small rivers for clues, Kriegel says, and other area bodies of water were searched.
Investigators have also been working to review Tibbetts’ digital footprint, including what is on her laptop and her social media activity, according to her family.
Authorities 'Looking at Everything and Everybody' in Search for Student Who Vanished After Jog

JMO
Slightly OT
Ive always felt there is a need in the US and maybe the world eventually to have a well accepted Missing Persons type internet site different than FB. Something setup with the sole purpose to list Missing Person cases to allow the sharing of critical information and ideas from the public. Options like having your case moderated or not and other features could be built into it.

My biggest problem with FB is it wasnt built for that sole purpose and a lot of people dont have FB id so some cases you cant even view unless you are a subscriber and they have it private.

If its built well then people will start to use it and it can really take off. I guess that is a challenge for website builders to build a really good site for that sole purpose and see if it goes viral and takes off.
agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member