Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't open the 2nd article but that's pretty interesting in the 1st article that they are saying to be on the lookout for her in Utah as she has family there. Do they think she ran away? Or are they just throwing that out there as an option?
LE is being thorough -- you never know, but UT is over 1,000 miles from Iowa. Further, unless she had duplicate glasses/lenses, enuff clothing, etc., etc., and she didn't notify her BF, work, or her parents?? SMH.<sigh>

Interesting that her contacts were in the house and she can't see w/out them. Sure sounds like a morning abduction, but if that happened, someone would of had to know she was there alone. It was out in the middle of nowhere... and you just don't drive up to a house and abduct someone unless you know she's alone. Somebody had some inside information.
Mollie Tibbetts – Missing in Brooklyn Iowa – 7/18/18

one thing that's sorta irking is that we have, or apparently have, 3 data points:

5:30 pm -- seen jogging
10:00 pm snapchat to BF
next AM, BF texts or messages GM and he says he checked a bit later and noticed that his message went unread.

Assuming both BF and Mollie were off work the night she goes missing, that is, Mollie's chilling at the house with the dogs and bf is hold up in his motel room or wherever in Dubuque--

did they not engage in any chat or text or phone calls btw her 5:30 pm jog and the 10 pm snapchat?

Maybe the boyfriend was still at work? Maybe he was driving from Brooklyn to Dubuque? Dunno.

fwiw, I agree that I don't think the BF has any involvement. It's just curious if the only conversation btw them the night she goes missing is her shapchatting him a pic.

10:00 PM is when the BF opened the snapchat, no confirmation yet when it was sent by MT
next AM the brother also texted MT if she needed a ride to work, no answer according to her mom

IMO the fact that the red shirt is missing is Key. She either wore it to bed figuring she could get up the next am and be dressed, or something happened before she left for work.

With the information we have, and if that information is correct, one can conclude there were no cars in the driveway.

Very possible someone with the intent to rob/burglarize the house was thinking it was empty. Was surprised by someone being home and either hurt or abducted her.

I tend to think she was sleeping in the shirt, because contacts and glasses were at the house still (supposedly). She may have had phone in her hand, and perp grabbed it when she dropped it/took her. Hopefully they weren’t smart enough with everything going on to realize she had gps Fitbit on.

Just my theory. There is so much information that has not been made available .

I wonder if a local drone group might be of assistance in searching? I'm praying she's still alive, of course.. but need to cover everything.

There was an article posted earlier (sorry, I don't have the link) that said they were using drones but with the cornfields so tall/thick, it was hard to see much. Basically said they'd need to do a row by row search :(

Would appear to be multiple routes out of town that do not pass by locations one would presume having security cameras. The next option is assigning someone to go door to door on every route out of town and asking homeowners and businesses. (I really hope that's been done, it's labor intensive but the potential rewards are huge.) Someone may have a camera aimed at the road, ya never know. The objective here is to secure the raw video before it is overwritten. Still, it's a lot of footage to review given that the time frame has not been narrowed down - at least publicly - so maybe 12 hours.

If an out of town perp were involved, most likely he would have been scouting / watching for a day or two. Odds of a random assailant just driving up on her alone inside would be marginal at best. However, someone on the prowl could have picked up on her solitary jogging and waited until dark. Still would have had to scope out her house from somewhere prior to entry or outside abduction. Maybe the co-op parking lot? I would also interview everyone in every house in close proximity to hers. Maybe they saw an unusual vehicle or individual or something else worth noting.

Based just on what I have read, I don't get a sense of her electing to go off grid but most anything is possible. I continue to be perplexed a bit at her vehicle situation. What transportation had she intended to utilize to get to her job/internship the next morning? Why was she separated from her car at that point in late in the day? Was someone else supposed to drop it off to her? Someone had to have noticed the next morning she had not picked it up, if that was her intention.

sorry, they said in the article she has "family ties" in Utah,and a bolo for her was put out. Interesting I thought.
Covering all the bases -- good investigative techniques -- they have to cover all the bases, but such a trip seems very implausible to me...and not a good indication WRT how this is going. This gets worse & worse, doesn't it?
But hope is still alive...

There are certain Fitbits that have built in GPS. PLEASE, if you have one of those..give your login and password to SOMEBODY! This is insane that LE has to subpoena these records to find out where that person was last. It could actually mean the difference between being found alive or dead if someone can get into your phone account and fitbit account immediately when the worst case scenario happens. Even if the bad guy turns your phone off etc. LE can immediately know the time and where you were physically located LAST.

so if they logon to her fitbit account on the fitbit website, they should be able to see how many hours she slept that night...if she slept at all. Might even show what time she fell asleep and what time she woke up?

There was an article posted earlier (sorry, I don't have the link) that said they were using drones but with the cornfields so tall/thick, it was hard to see much. Basically said they'd need to do a row by row search :(
I understand a row by row search of cornfields in the area this time of year is quite difficult but I’m wondering why they haven’t at least started this. I know they said something about needing people at home (which was weird but anyway) but that time has to have passed now. Even if it’s slow going, slow has to be better than not at all.

I’m not worried about Mollie not going home to eat fatty brats. Molly was going to a beach wedding in a week -wear a swimsuit and have lots of photos taken. My daughters who're Mollie’s age would've been eating only low-calorie salads worrying about the wedding swimsuit photos that would hang on the walls forever and ever and ever.
However, they were also supposed to make a dessert for Molly to take to work the next day. I think Mollie was missing at the point she was to be at her Mom's house. I think she may have been abducted walking to her Mom's house.

The admins on the family FB page said they have searched every inch of Brooklyn. I didn't have the heart to tell them there is no way every inch was searched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander