IA - Mollie Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance a 'total shock,' Iowa residents say

Manatt said she left the bar at around midnight that night and noticed that the True Value hardware store nearby had been vandalized. She said she alerted a deputy who then canvassed the area for the vandal but “it was very quiet. Not many people were out.”

Fox News has confirmed that police have taken copies of all surveillance tapes associated with Mollie's disappearance from Casey’s General Store.

Second news conference scheduled regarding the Mollie Tibbetts search

The Iowa Department of Public Safety has scheduled their second news conference regarding the disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts for Friday, August 3, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. at the Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office.

Updates will be provided regarding the investigation as well as statistical information on missing person cases in Iowa.

Expected speakers are the Poweshiek County Sheriff Tom Kriegel, DPS Investigative Operations Director Kevin Winker, and Iowa Missing Person Information Clearinghouse Manager Medina Rahmanovic.

Iowan With Multiple Stalking Charges Admits To Police Questioning in Search For Mollie Tibbetts

His location to the hog farms along with Iowa court documents that show Cheney has entered guilty pleas on two occasions for stalking, once in Poweshiek County in 2009 and again in Marion County just four years ago. DCI officials could not confirm or deny the questioning of Cheney or whether or not he has been cleared as a suspect. Cheney says he does not know the Tibbetts family and hopes Mollie is found soon.

Mollie Tibbetts' family announces $172,000 reward fund

"Every day I feel Mollie's presence with me. Sometimes I feel her just sitting on my shoulder," her mom, Laura Calderwood, said. "I don't know that I have the strength in me, and Mollie's lending me her strength. Every day. Every night."

Calderwood believes it's possible that someone took her daughter.

"We believe that Mollie is still alive, and if someone has abducted her, we are pleading with you to please release her," she said.

Missing Iowa Student Is Likely Still Alive, Parents Believe: 'She's Out There. We Feel It'

“We believe Mollie is still alive and if someone abducted her, we are pleading with you to please release her,” Calderwood said during the press conference. “It is our greatest hope that if someone has her, they will just release her.”

“Every day, I feel Mollie’s presence with me,” Calderwood added. “Sometimes I just feel her sitting on my shoulder. She was an incredibly strong young woman. Mollie is lending me here strength every day, every night.”

Law enforcement agencies including the FBI are investigating foul play.

Mollie Tibbetts search team scours land near Iowa pig farm

Search teams on Thursday afternoon were combing through ditches near a pig farm that federal agents searched almost a week ago in the hunt for missing college student Mollie Tibbetts, after a possible clue to her disappearance -- a red shirt -- reportedly was found nearby.

A person mowing a lawn found the item of clothing near the Lincoln Wildfire Reserve, the reports said earlier Thursday. It was not immediately clear whose shirt it was. Tibbetts worked at a day care; another employee confirmed its workers wear red shirts.

Farmer: Ongoing search for Mollie Tibbetts happening in Poweshiek County

KWWL crews spoke to a farmer in the area, who says the crews have been searching the area -- including his cornfields and buildings on his property -- several times since Tibbetts went missing on July 18.

On Thursday, the farmer said the search picked back up around 8 a.m. and has stretched on throughout the day. He says divers were searching surrounding ponds on Wednesday, adding that there appears to be a lot of focus on one square mile stretch in the area.

Hi. I’m new here and I come with details to the case that I’m hoping some of you may find useful. I’m aware the address of the house Mollie was staying at has been posted, but I also found a link with photos of the house both inside and out. Now I don’t believe these are up-to-date photos, but maybe somebody here can make good use of them. I apologize if this has already been posted - I didn’t see anything here. I’m no expert in the field at all so please excuse my amateur aptitude lol

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/622-W-Des-Moines-St-Brooklyn-IA-52211/2096319738_zpid/

JULY 27, 2018: Officials continue searching for signs of Mollie Tibbetts

Neighbors in the area say they've seen DCI and FBI agents as well as deputies from the Poweshiek Sheriff's Office along HWY 21 near Deep River and Guernsey.

"I would be devastated. I mean I am for that family," said Deep River Resident Julie Cheney.

"I mean if something brought them to this area, then evidently they felt it was important to search everyone up and down this road and we opened our doors and said, 'Do whatever you need to,'" said Cheney.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back