IA - Mollie Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Search continues for missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts

Jane Straub is a victim advocate with the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center in Minneapolis. Wetterling was 11 years old when he was abducted in 1989. A confession from a longtime suspect wouldn’t come until more than 20 years later.

“We’ve known from Patty and a lot of parents that have experienced this, is that hope is your guide,” said Straub.

The organization provides support services to families of missing loved ones. Straub says the Tibbetts case is rare.

Iowa man says 'maybe I was the last person to see' missing college student

An Iowa man said police officers searched his home in connection to the case of Mollie Tibbetts, the University of Iowa student who vanished last month after going for an evening jog.

In an exclusive interview with "Good Morning America" on Thursday, Devin Riley said he contacted the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office in Central Iowa after Tibbetts was reported missing, telling officers that he may have been "the last person to see her."

....He said he saw her jogging past his home around 9 p.m. on July 18, the night before her family reported her missing.
"I've seen her probably three to four times per week. She'd kind of jog down the street and towards the hill," he said.
"I remember her," he added. "She was wearing like a neon pink sports bra with black khaki yoga pants and an armband with her music device, or phone ... hair in a ponytail, just jogging like normal, any other day."

Man fears he was last person to see missing college student

Mollie Tibbetts: NCMEC explains why missing jogger gained national attention while others have not

According to NCMEC spokesperson, Robert Lowery, cases such as Mollie’s, when someone vanishes without a trace and without any purpose or reason, are extremely rare.

Those close to Mollie said there was no indication from her that she was unhappy or planning to leave on her own without telling anyone. Mollie’s mother, Laura Calderwood, said her daughter was getting ready to move into her own apartment and had recently ordered bed sheets for the new place.

“She took out a lease, she was ordering sheets and bedding from Target, you know I’ve told people that I’ve got the sheets and I’ve got the bedding but I don’t have the girl.”

Brother of Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend says no sign of struggle at home; she 'would have done something'

“If something happened while on a run, people—like you see right now—our neighbors are outside and would have heard something.” - Blake Jack

Blake Jack, 23, told Fox News that it is impossible to know if she ever returned to the home after her run. Investigators and scent dogs were at the property “a bunch of times” and her phone and Fitbit were missing.

Allie Houghton said she believes Tibbetts went somewhere with someone she knew.

Bill Moulder, Des Moines' longtime police chief, said that missing persons cases are usually among the most difficult to solve and that they are even more challenging when the suspect is a stranger.

"There's no connection between the person and the stranger. In personal crimes, the subject is connected to the victim — spouse, friend, competitor, someone they fought with. You have a starting point," he said. "But with a stranger abduction, there's no connection.”

Iowa man says 'maybe I was the last person to see' Mollie Tibbetts

Iowa man says 'maybe I was the last person to see' Mollie Tibbettsoriginally appeared on goodmorningamerica
An Iowa man said police officers searched his home in connection to the case of Mollie Tibbetts, the University of Iowa student who vanished last month after going for an evening jog.

In an exclusive interview with "Good Morning America" on Thursday, Devin Riley said he contacted the Powoshiek County Sheriff's Office in Central Iowa after Tibbetts was reported missing, telling officers that he may have been "the last person to see her." <snip>

Riley said he reached out to authorities after he recognized Tibbetts' picture on Facebook. He said he saw her jogging past his home around 9 p.m. on July 18, the night before her family reported her missing.
< yahoo>

Mollie Tibbetts: Iowa man says he may have been 'last person to see her' | Daily Mail Online

Devin Riley saw the 20-year-old run past his home in Brooklyn, Iowa, on July 18, at around 8 pm, around 30 minutes after Mollie was seen running near her boyfriend's home 0.9 miles away.

She jogged on the street, up the hill and there was just nothing of it until I heard someone was missing and then it really hit me that I haven't seen that jogger since then.'

She was wearing like a neon pink sports bra with black khaki yoga pants and an armband with her music device, or phone ... hair in a ponytail, just jogging like normal, any other day.

Riley's home is pictured in the article.

Authorities have again postponed an update on the investigation for missing Iowa woman Mollie Tibbetts.

A press conference scheduled for Friday will now be at 3 p.m. Monday, Aug. 13, at the Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office, according to a news release from the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation. No reason was given for the postponement.

The press conference had previously been scheduled for Tuesday, but authorities had rescheduled it to Friday

Authorities postpone update again on missing Iowa woman Mollie Tibbetts (with photos) | Iowa & The Midwest | globegazette.com

Mollie Tibbetts search: Farmer who has repeatedly been questioned admits to taking polygraph test

The farmer who has repeatedly been questioned in relation to the disappearance of college student Mollie Tibbetts tells Fox News he took a polygraph test earlier this week in Brooklyn, Iowa, the city where she was last seen more than three weeks ago.
Mollie Tibbetts search: Farmer who has repeatedly been questioned admits to taking polygraph test

Fox News video also contains audio of Mollie's BF, Brother, Fiance confirming to reporter no signs of struggle in the home, and that Mollie is a fighter and would not have been taken willingly, lending more credibility to Mollie abducted / leaving with someone known to her.

Last edited:
Wayne Cheney Took Polygraph About Mollie Tibbetts: Report | Heavy.com

Cheney told Fox News that he took a polygraph test in which authorities asked if he had anything to do with Mollie’s disappearance (he says he did not). He told the network he doesn’t know the results.

Cheney, who denies having anything to do with Mollie’s disappearance, lives in walking distance of pig farms searched by authorities. Interest in nearby hog farms intensified after reports that a person found a red shirt that could possibly belong to Mollie, but that account remains unconfirmed by authorities.

Man who recalls seeing Tibbetts before disappearance defends self

He said his daughters have been awoken by “knocks on the door with cameras” while he was at work, and it has been painful reading hundreds of unkind comments on a social media post about his interview.

The Brooklyn, Iowa native and engaged father of two young girls told ABC News, “I've seen {Tibbetts} probably three to four times per week. She'd kind of jog down the street and towards the hill."

Riley added, "I thought nothing of it until I heard somebody was missing, and it really hit me that I hadn't seen that runner since then."

WC Took Polygraph About Mollie Tibbetts: Report | Heavy.com

A review by Heavy of Iowa court records shows the following cases for W A C, not counting minor traffic cases:
  • Contempt violation of no contact or protective order. Guilty. 2011. Jasper County. He paid a fine.
  • Stalking, violation of protection order. Guilty. 2014. 2 years probation. Marion County.
  • Another contempt violation of no contact or protective order, but this case in 2014 was dismissed. Marion County.
  • Harassment third degree. This 2015 case was dismissed. Iowa County.
  • Improper use of media, curb or acc facility. 2015. Iowa County. Guilty. Fine.
  • Burglary third degree, dismissed, 2009. Poweshiek County.
  • Harassment third degree, dismissed. 2009. Poweshiek County.
  • Interference with official acts, 2009. Guilty. Poweshiek County.
  • Contempt violation of no contact or protection order. 2010. Dismissed. Poweshiek County.
  • Stalking, violation of protection order was charged but he was adjudicated of harassment first degree 2009. Guilty. Poweshiek County.
  • Harassment by communication. 1996. Poweshiek County.
  • Criminal trespass. 1996. Guilty. Poweshiek County.
  • Harassment by personal contact. This case was dismissed. 1996. Poweshiek County.
  • Contempt violation of no contact or protective order. 2010. Guilty. Poweshiek County.
  • Harassment second degree. 2009. Guilty. Poweshiek County.

Last edited:
Mollie Tibbetts likely went off in car with someone she knew, says FBI ex-profiler

“To have a complete stranger to come into a small town like this, someone would have come forward and mentioned that they’ve seen this person,” Mary Ellen O’Toole, a former FBI profiler and director of the forensic sciences program at George Mason University told Fox News. “She was likely not kidnapped. She either got into the car of someone she knew or had a relationship with, or it was someone who had a non-threatening demeanor.”

Mollie Tibbetts Eerie Pinned Tweet Is About a ‘Missing Child’ | Heavy.com

Those who have looked at Tibbetts’ Twitter page may have noticed that her pinned tweet (that’s one that is saved at the top of her page) is about a missing child. It’s a photo of a text exchange between Tibbetts and her boyfriend, from 2017.

“Somebody called me in because they thought I was a missing child,” Tibbetts messaged Jack. Less than one year later, Tibbetts has gone missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back