GUILTY IA - Seth Kehoe, 2, murdered, 7yo brother injured, Littleton, 26 Oct 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She had been planning this for over a month! How did she look into the faces of those darling little guys knowing what she was going to do to them! Why did she think they would be better off dead? If she was really planning to kill herself she would have done it. Instead she cuts herself and then walks to a house to get help...for herself. She must have thought that the older boy was already dead or hurt enough that he would die. She must have removed the tape from their faces before she walked to that house.

I think that plunge into the river was an attept to kill the little boys too. So she got out of the car that time but left the boys to drown? She must not have noticed that there was a car behind her that would rescue the boys.

Reading what the little boy had to say was so sad. Maybe he shouldn't be placed with his father once he is out of the hospital. How could the father not have noticed that there was something wrong with his wife or was he that distanced from her that he just didn't pay any attention? Could she have acted normal around her family? I hope that whoever raises the little boy makes sure that he gets therapy for as long as he needs it. What a horror to have to live with and him only seven years old.

Why is the father to blame? He may have known she was depressed, or something wasn't quite right but how would he have known she would kill her children? The first incident was deemed an accident. If the police who are trained to look for inconsistencies didn't see anything suspicious, why should he? I'm sure he is looking now and seeing all kinds of signs that he missed. Now, if a doctor told him she would try to kill her children and he did nothing, then I would blame him. Right now, I just see him as a victim of her too.

Why is the father to blame? He may have known she was depressed, or something wasn't quite right but how would he have known she would kill her children? The first incident was deemed an accident. If the police who are trained to look for inconsistencies didn't see anything suspicious, why should he? I'm sure he is looking now and seeing all kinds of signs that he missed. Now, if a doctor told him she would try to kill her children and he did nothing, then I would blame him. Right now, I just see him as a victim of her too.

Me too, McDraw. We simply don't know enough to think otherwise. I can think of several other cases from te phast year or so, where a mother or father killed their offspring due to mental illness and the surviving spouse simply did not see a warning that any such thing was on the horizon.

Fairly or not, I'm sure the kids' father will be blaming himself for the rest of his life, poor man.

I didn't say the dad was to blame. I was asking questions and wondering how he couldn't have noticed that something was off with the wife. She was planning to kill the boys for over a month. I wonder if she was on any meds?
Sometimes if a couple are having problems....and I'm not saying that they were...one will distance him/herself from the other and not even be aware if they aren't acting normal. I wonder if she had ever had any mental health issues?

I didn't say the dad was to blame. I was asking questions and wondering how he couldn't have noticed that something was off with the wife. She was planning to kill the boys for over a month. I wonder if she was on any meds?
Sometimes if a couple are having problems....and I'm not saying that they were...one will distance him/herself from the other and not even be aware if they aren't acting normal. I wonder if she had ever had any mental health issues?

ok, I'm sorry I misunderstood. I know she planned this for over a month but I'm not sure he would have ever been able to figure out her plans. I feel like he was probably blind sided by this, but will probably start putting stuff together now. I feel so bad for him because you know he is beating himself up over what he should have seen, should have done differently. Now, if it turns out he was like Rusty Yates and knew what she could do, and did nothing, then I will blame him.

Trial delayed for mom accused in death

The first-degree murder trial of Michelle Kehoe, the Coralville woman accused of killing one son and injuring another, has been delayed to give attorneys more time to prepare the case, online court records show.

A hearing to review where the case stands has been set for April 14.

According to police accounts, Kehoe drove her sons to a pond near Littleton on Oct. 26 and bound them with duct tape before cutting their throats. Kehoe's 2-year-old son, Seth, died and her 7-year-old son, Sean, was seriously injured.

Kehoe is charged with first-degree murder, attempted murder and child endangerment causing serious injury. She submitted a plea of not guilty to the charges on Nov. 26.

http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090311/NEWS/703119919/1006

Iowa woman wants to modify no-contact order

Trial for a Coralville woman accused of killing one son and trying to kill another has been scheduled for Oct. 28.

A no-contact order, which prohibited contact between Kehoe and anyone living with or related to Sean, was put in place last week. Kehoe's attorney then asked to modify the agreement so she could have visits with her husband.

The request was discussed during a hearing Tuesday but the matter was not resolved.

http://www.kmeg14.com/Global/story.asp?S=10178610&nav=menu609_2_4

I dont know why in the world he would want to visit her.

Has their been any information concerning psych evaluations of this mother? I remember that when we were first following this case it seemed likely that this woman may have some psych issues.

INDEPENDENCE — A judge has denied a motion to modify a no-contact order that is preventing contact between Michelle Kehoe and her husband, Eugene Kehoe.

http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090417/NEWS/704179926/1006

From the article:

Buchanan County Attorney Al Vanderhart requested the no-contact order April 7. The move orders Kehoe have no contact with her son Sean or anyone living with or related to him. Eugene Kehoe has visited his wife in the Buchanan County Jail and, the motion stated, wishes to continue those visits.

He has been visiting her? The person that killed his son? He is as sick as her.

INDEPENDENCE — A judge has denied a motion to modify a no-contact order that is preventing contact between Michelle Kehoe and her husband, Eugene Kehoe.

http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090417/NEWS/704179926/1006

That is very interesting and I wonder what the reasoning behind this ruling is. I certainly understand the no-contact order with the son, but I'm not sure I understand it regarding the Husband, especially since he and she wish to continue in person visitation. In other cases that seem similar to this one, I have never heard of such a ruling.

My prayers to this family.

Iowa woman wants to modify no-contact order

Trial for a Coralville woman accused of killing one son and trying to kill another has been scheduled for Oct. 28.

A no-contact order, which prohibited contact between Kehoe and anyone living with or related to Sean, was put in place last week. Kehoe's attorney then asked to modify the agreement so she could have visits with her husband.

The request was discussed during a hearing Tuesday but the matter was not resolved.

http://www.kmeg14.com/Global/story.asp?S=10178610&nav=menu609_2_4

I dont know why in the world he would want to visit her.

So that means her parents or sibilings can not visit her because they are related to Sean. I'm not sure that is even constitutional.

She knew right from wrong. She threw the knife into a pond before she went to that house to "call for help." She tried to put the blame onto some unknown man, thereby lying about what she had done. She was trying to hide her own culpability.

In my opinion, an insanity defense will not work here given the above stated facts.

But, then again, what the heck do I know?

I don't know a lot about the insanity defense, I was curious if or how it would apply in this case. It appears the mother may have tried this type of thing before this happened, it seems like she may have been calculating for a while. I just don't know how or if it can be proven that the first accident wasn't an accident. It truly hurts to think that people do things like this on purpose.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrina Sleuth
Back