GUILTY IA - Sterling Koehn, 4 mos, starved to death, Alta Vista, 30 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did they have custody of the other child? Was she theirs together, or his from a previous relationship?

She looks healthy. So what I'm wondering about is the paternity of Sterling. I'm trying to think of reasons why he would be treated so differently. Could he have been from a different father?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Facebook history on both of their pages shows doting parents for the girl (who is now in CPS custody). There doesn't' look to be any concern about who the father is (and she looks like his mini-me). He was regularly gone for long-haul trucking, so there were large gaps in their relationship. If he had any controlling tendencies, that would be fuel for concerns about who the father of the boy was. However, I have seen nothing but Heavy.com's 5 Things to Know that raises the concern about parentage in MSM. (and I don't necessarily view Heavy.com as MSM).
And regarding the baby not being taken at birth for drug testing, the Heavy.com article shares comments from a neighbor in their apartment complex who said the baby was born in the bathtub and then taken to the hospital by ambulance but the hospital didn't accept them. Who knows. Here's the article: https://heavy.com/news/2017/10/zachary-koehn-cheyanne-harris-murder-iowa/

Why the heck does this remind me of an urban legend?! That poor baby, oh god!

How could they:( I'm holding my beautiful sweet chunky little 3 week old and I can't imagine how they could do this to an infant, drugs or not, they obviously still cared for the older daughter while using. My 2 year old is always so worried about our new baby and if he doesn't see her he asks where she went and if she cries he tells me and wants to pick her up. I'm sure the older daughter cared about baby Sterling even if the parents didn't and I hope she didn't see anything horrible.

Sterling looked to be a good size at birth, above 7 pounds imo, so for him to be only 7 pounds when found, I think he was neglected from very early on. I don't think it was just one week.

I cannot accept any reason or excuse for this poor baby being treated this way. I don't care if they were on drugs, the dad suspected he wasn't the dad, the mother was raped and got pregnant, NOTHING in my opinion is ever ever EVER a reason to treat an innocent baby this way! I am absolutely disgusted.

It was on mom's facebook link from post #7 but I see it has been removed.

If I remember correctly Mom was in a hospital gown? If so the hospital did not deny them service. Nor do I believe they would deny service to anyone.

I don't get it... she has a sonogram picture posted to her Facebook page (the one that's not edited and/or locked) and there's comments congratulating her/him. She says she hopes it's a boy and seemed excited about it.
I lived in a town with one of the highest meth epidemic and the kids are typically not bathed, under fed and unsupervised. The drug itself keeps them up for days and they have the attention span of a flea. I can see maybe neglecting to properly care for the children, if they were still using. But what they did to this poor innocent baby was nothing short of sadistic and deliberate torture! To go out of their way to avoid him... I wonder what type of complex they live in because I imagine the poor thing cried until he couldn't. But if I heard that I'd assume something was wrong and at least go over to see if everything was alright. I don't remember seeing anything about neighbors.
Would be interesting to know if they all went on a long truck haul and left Sterling behind...then once they returned they saw his condition and called 911 with a bogus story.
I still can't even imagine how anyone can do this to anyone much less a tiny baby :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would find it very odd to babysit an infant for 16 hours let alone an infant and a toddler. What?!?

I don’t know what to think of the babysitters account. She watched them twice. She said parents seemed like they had it together? I’m sorry but meth and parenting do NOT go together and little little babies aren’t the easiest. (My 8 month old still doesn’t sleep through the night) who is this “babysitter”?

I would find it very odd to babysit an infant for 16 hours let alone an infant and a toddler. What?!?

I don’t know what to think of the babysitters account. She watched them twice. She said parents seemed like they had it together? I’m sorry but meth and parenting do NOT go together and little little babies aren’t the easiest. (My 8 month old still doesn’t sleep through the night) who is this “babysitter”?

16 hours is a very long time, especially with someone they didn't seem to know well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sterling looked to be a good size at birth, above 7 pounds imo, so for him to be only 7 pounds when found, I think he was neglected from very early on. I don't think it was just one week.

I cannot accept any reason or excuse for this poor baby being treated this way. I don't care if they were on drugs, the dad suspected he wasn't the dad, the mother was raped and got pregnant, NOTHING in my opinion is ever ever EVER a reason to treat an innocent baby this way! I am absolutely disgusted.
7 pounds at 4 months old. Not one person had this poor babies back. Everyone knew about the neglect. Shame on all of them.

Two parts really stood out to me from this article http://www.ktiv.com/story/36685380/2017/10/25/parents-charged-in-death-of-baby-in-chickasaw-county
Schriever says the first time she babysat, they left their children with her for more than sixteen hours.
"It just seemed strange that they'd leave them that long, said Schriever. "With someone who just lives across the way and offered up babysitting services to them."
Leave your children with a stranger for 16 hours? What? Even the babysitter thought it was odd.

According to the criminal complaint, baby Sterling was found dead in his swing. From what Schriever saw, she says the baby didn't even have a crib. Schriever felt uneasy the second time she was babysat the kids. "She came over, handed me the baby- I took him and kind of did the arm gesture, he seemed kind of light," said Schriever. "And she noticed that I did that, and she came and said 'we've been having problems with formula and gaining weight, but we think we got it under control.' And I never questioned it, but that baby seemed tiny to me."
Would like to know WHEN this was. How long ago? And I bet they never asked her help again because they suspected she suspected. Why didn't she say anything? i bet she sure wishes she had, now..... The lesson I am learning from all these horrible cases is how important it is to notice things and report them. That and how quickly things can go bad when the parents are on drugs.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...cle_e1486291-9b41-575c-8908-5c1482c84f02.html

The couple had been living in an apartment on Walnut Street; it’s a one-story brick building with four units and a shared laundry area in the hallway.

Neighbors in the building said Koehn and Harris had lived in Apt. 7 for less than a year, and, like others in the building, they kept to themselves.

“It’s is a terrible, terrible tragedy that this happened,” said Kevin Trumpold, who lived across the hall. He said he can’t understand people not feeding or caring for children.

He only saw the couple and the children when they were coming and going; the baby was always being carried in a child safety seat to and from their vehicle. And he rarely saw the children playing outside, which he thought was odd. He doesn’t remember the couple having any visitors.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back