GUILTY IA - Tracy Tribble, 35, Council Bluffs, 3 May 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ohmigosh BobbisAngel! That is awful! So they file the charges after the fact to cover their own butts? That is a crock of crap if I have ever seen one!!!

I am so sorry for your loss and the suffering your daughter went through!!! HUGS!

Bobbisangel said:
The bottom line is her file sat on a detective's desk for 6 weeks UNTIL SHE WAS DEAD.
OMG, Bobbisangel, I am so, so sorry. I had no idea. I admire that you are here on this board, sharing your insight. That takes a strength that I've always doubted that I, myself, possess. Thank you for everything you do here in spite of the nightmare you've been living. Again, I am so very sorry to hear this. You're in my heart.

Family site updated. Her name is listed as Tracy Gostomski with Tribble smaller and in parentheses.

Tracy Tribble Missing

There is a memorial service today and the service tomorrow, and they are asking that anyone that wants to send flowers instead contribute to an animal organization.

"We feel the one way to remember and honor Tracy is to donate to organizations that support and care for the animals she loved. Another way to honor Tracy is donating to the Abused Women's Shelter listed below."

They don't even have Tribble in parentheses anymore.

That's odd...it's really not there when I look. I just went there again to be sure.

It says "In Loving Memory of Tracy Gomstoski". Anybody else see it this way now? Or am I going crazy?

LOL Chico....I'm glad somebody else sees it the same way I do.

cbcrime said:
BobbisAngel

I am so sorry for your loss and what your daughter went through. I'm glad to say that in our jurisdiction - if there is a mark on any party in a DV case - an arrest is made and prosecution will take place - even if the victim recants. We are fortunate to have a whole area in the DA's office that tracks all incidents of DV and educates police, judges, etc on DV. Our women's center does a great job. And even with these advantages death and injury still occurs. DV is so devastating and crosses all socio-economic boundaries.

I'm just glad that at least here we are making some progress. Until there are no more cases - it is not enough. Prayers to you.

Thank you....this is a small town we were living in and they still haven't changed. When Battered Women and Rape Relief put on siminars to teach officers about Battered Women Syndrome no one to represent LE in that town shows! The officers in the town that my daughter was murdered in...25 miles away...does care but that is also where the Prosecutor was located. I think things are looking up there though because after the sentencing of my daughter's killer it was time for elections....Prosecutor included. My family along with another woman whose son was murdered in a "thrill kill" murder took to the newpapers and talked to a lot of people in this county and we got the Pros replaced. The new Pros's slogan was "Victims First" and he is great. I don't normally get involved in politics but that was important to me because I didn't want to see any other families treated like we were by Prosecutors who are caught up in their own arrogance and self importance and who do things behind your back like that one did. That is another story though.

I'm glad that your town does take domestic violence seriously. I have always thought that it shouldn't be left in the female's hands whether to press charges or not. It should just be done. That way the offender can't blame the female for his going to jail. One cop told my daughter that all that would happen is the ex would get picked up...fined $200 and let go! Ya, that would have helped a lot!

chicoliving said:
I don't see "Tribble" either......weird that. We'll go crazy together Deb!
Maybe I have a cookie saved on my computer that's bringing me to an older version of the page? :waitasec:

Interesting that they removed Tribble altogether. I remember when they first added her maiden name to reports. It was said that her family asked the media to add the name because people from her past didn't know her by Tribble. I'm assuming that perhaps they were taking time to make the transition to removing Tribble from her name totally. I don't blame them one bit. I wonder how long we're going to have to wait to see the husband charged in this one. :(

Includes a picture of Tracy's husband:

Daily Nonpareil - Tribble's family wants justice, not revenge

... Rev. Michael Harvey remembered Tribble as a "spitfire and a firecracker," and a good student who loved to read, watch movies and care for animals.

... A note on the funeral program titled "My Little Niece," written by Tribble's aunt, Betty Thomas, recounted many touching memories and expressed the grief the family has been feeling.

"We tried to find you, Tracy. Your uncle Steve and I tried so very hard to locate you those two and a half terrifying weeks, as did many, many friends, relatives, strangers and the police," the note said. "We will find out the truth about who is responsible for what happened to you. We will follow the legal process with dignity, for your memory, my little niece."

... Stan Tribble attended the funeral but sat in the rear of the funeral home.

During the service, Harvey said that if there is anyone in the audience being abused, it is not their fault.

"No matter what you've done, you do not deserve to be hit or verbally abused," he said. "The only way to find relief is to get out now."

"The sanctity of marriage is no excuse for abuse..."

This families grief and dignity brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad the Rev. said not to stay - that the sancity of marriage is no excuse for abuse. Every time an offender encounters LE and nothing happens - in their minds it is saying it is okay. So everytime society turns it's head it is perpetuating the abuse.

cbcrime said:
This families grief and dignity brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad the Rev. said not to stay - that the sancity of marriage is no excuse for abuse.
I agree. I was very impressed to read that line, realizing that many ministers, priests, etc., still preach that marriage is "until death do us part", regardless of circumstances.

I'm also glad that Stan Tribble got to hear it.

WOWT | New Reward

The family of Tracy Tribble ... is posting a $75,000 reward in the search for information about her death...

"... we are now offering the $75,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the individual or individuals directly responsible for Tracy's death."

Anyone with information should call Council Bluffs Police at: 712-328-4764 or 712-328-5737.

That husband really had the nerve to even go to the funeral. I guess he thought it would have looked odd if he didn't go. I'm so glad that the minister was so open in what he thinks about domestic violence. Also glad that the husband was sitting right there listening to the whole thing.

Tracey's husband is a big guy. She wouldn't have stood a chance against him unless she was holding a gun. He will be arrested. I have no doubt about that.
He says that when she left he found her cell phone and wedding ring on the counter....sure he did. He must have removed the ring before he threw her in the river. Probably thought it would make his story sound more believable.

I don't blame Tracy's family for taking her husband's last name off of everything that they are doing now. Thank God my daughter had legally taken back her maiden name. I wouldn't have used her married last name even if she hadn't. I can barely bring myself to say that name. Her daughter doesn't use it either. When she was five years old she told her teacher that that was not her name and told her what her last name was....the same as mine and her mothers. My daughter had a beautiful very expensive wedding dress that she had had cleaned along with her veil, shoes, everything that she had worn with the dress. I had my other daughter take it to the dump and make sure that it was covered with garbage so no one would find it. I couldn't stand the thought of anyone else wearing that dress. I just felt like it was a part of the beginning of her death. I think that most parents of a murdered daughter have feelings that are just as strong.

Bobbisangel, I didn't realize that your daughter also had a daughter or that she was married. I'm so sorry for what you've experienced. Your strength is amazing. I don't know how you do it, seeing story after story like this one. :(

SewingDeb said:
That's odd...it's really not there when I look. I just went there again to be sure.

It says "In Loving Memory of Tracy Gomstoski". Anybody else see it this way now? Or am I going crazy?
When going there just now, I'm finally seeing what you all have seen. Not only is the name Tribble no longer on the page, I also didn't notice any photos of Tracy in her wedding dress nor did I notice any pictures of her with Stan although there are quite a few of her with other men, (prom dates, etc). Can't blame the family one bit ... I would have done exactly the same thing.

Gosh, I really feel like I know Tracy after viewing her site and seeing all those pictures of her throughout her life. What a beautiful young lady she had become! Cute as a button as a child, beautiful as a woman. She deserved much better than what she got from her marriage. It appeared from the pictures that she was quite popular and dated other guys... why oh why did she marry this guy?? :(
Who is the really big/tall guy in most of the pictures? I saw a picture of her "husband" and this isn't the same guy?

I pray for Tracy's family and for justice. May she rest in peace ~~ another angel taken way too soon from this life by someone else who doesn't deserve his life! :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back