Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link.

"Weekly screaming matches", sounds like a relationship that was in turmoil. :(

I'm less inclined to speculate a RSO kidnapped or lured Xavior from his house ?
More like he ran away and unintentionally met with trouble, or something else entirely ?
Imo.
While I'm keeping an open mind, my main hunch is that he left home after the argument and sought refuge somewhere that was unsafe. :(

But, there are still so many unknowns.

jmo

Thank you for posting the recap in text. Now I cannot find the video that includes the interview with neighbor [SR] which I found very compelling.

In early reports XH was last seen at 11:30AM on Thurs May 27. Then the story changed as some of the people the mother called related that she admitted to them that she had not actually seen XH that morning at all. The mother is quite capable of calling neighbors and explaining, so the media and neighbor [SR] are correct to report that the mother refused to call police.

I believe by the time neighbor [SR] called 911, it had been about 24 hours since anyone other than the mother had seen or heard XH, since the yelling fight at 8PM on May 26? All JMO

I believe he was seen on the 27th, but we don't know by who / when - could even be on surveillance maybe?

"By the morning of May 27, no one from the trailer park reported seeing Xavior.
Officially, law enforcement says the boy was in fact seen May 27, although no details have been provided about who saw him."

Neighbors recall night before Xavior Harrelson's disappearance

Staying private AND not wanting to call the police AND a history of loud arguments (not the occasional argument with a child) is a red flag to me, even considering personal and cultural differences. The last thing I'd be worried about is some stranger's opinion of me on camera. Ok I'm done.. MOO
Agreed about the red flags, at least in this case.

Theory : In Xavior's case, what IF someone had visited them previously or the night in question ; and had offered to take Xavior for a night or two until things calmed down ?
And Xavior wanted to stay away longer and the mom now feels badly about it ?

Speculation : Had Xavior ever asked other kids if he could stay at their home ?
This is an angle LE may have looked at, as they've said they don't think he's in the area.
So Xavior's staying farther away, or is still hiding ?
Did he have money with him ? Extra clothes ?
Food ?

I believe LE have spoken to the mom and she would know if any extra clothes or supplies were missing.
Wish we knew what LE are thinking as of today.

The neighbor breaking down talking about him, was so sad.
She wants to be his voice and it looks like she cared about him so much.
:(
Where are you, Xavior ?

MOO

I agree with this. My 10 year old son has ADHD and ODD and the yelling and language that come out of his mouth at times could be concerning to other people. We try not to, because it’s completely counterproductive for someone with ODD, but sometimes in the heat of the moment I will raise my voice back to him (and no, I’m not proud of this.) It doesn’t happen everyday but I could see a neighbor or two saying they’ve heard arguing with my son a few times before.

The difference is, I would have reported him missing.

i also have an adhd/odd-er. there has been yelling in the past.

I'm wondering if after the loud screaming match, he sought another place to stay for the night. The articles posted upthread had a neighbor saying he often asked to stay elsewhere. Maybe he sought out someone in the trailer park or nearby who was not a safe space to stay for that night. MOO

cda9ced6-f50e-47ac-a6ad-8247ae9782d4-xavio_harrelson_9-jpeg.298969

The quoted link to kcrg.com (ABC affiliate) includes a news video. In that video I noticed three things:

1. They aired the same two photos as shown in the missing person flyer above^. However the TV broadcast had a wider view of the closet that X is standing in front of showing all empty hangers and a lot of them. I didn't notice that looking at the flyer, but it looked really odd in the wider view and caught my attention. This is a screenshot from ~2:26 in the video
View attachment 299255

2. There is no handicap ramp on the trailer home they live in.

3. At ~2:28 the reporter says that the call to report X missing was made by "HIS friend's mom". IOW it sounds like the call was not made by X's own mother or anyone in his household, but another child alerted their parent that X is missing?

All JMO
Good observations! Thanks for sharing!

I'm wondering if after the loud screaming match, he sought another place to stay for the night. The articles posted upthread had a neighbor saying he often asked to stay elsewhere. Maybe he sought out someone in the trailer park or nearby who was not a safe space to stay for that night. MOO
I agree this is a definite possibility but if LE says he's no longer in the area then someone drove him out of the trailer park. Is there a camera near the entrance that could identify any vehicles that left that night or morning? MOO

I agree this is a definite possibility but if LE says he's no longer in the area then someone drove him out of the trailer park. Is there a camera near the entrance that could identify any vehicles that left that night or morning? MOO

I agree. I think if someone sheltered him that night and something happened to him, they would probably want to get Xavior out of their trailer/house ASAP. Just my speculation.

I know they brought dogs to his own trailer. Were the dogs also used to search EVERY trailer in the park? Did anyone refuse to let LE come into their trailer?

Thanks for the link.

"Weekly screaming matches", sounds like a relationship that was in turmoil. :(

I'm less inclined to speculate a RSO kidnapped or lured Xavior from his house ?
More like he ran away and unintentionally met with trouble, or something else entirely ?
Imo.

Quoting myself to say that if the neighbor noticed the fighting on a weekly basis this wasn't an occasional one-off.
But instead a recurring situation ?

Also we don't know if Xavior was diagnosed with anything, and unless LE provides this information, I'm inclined to think he had no diagnosis of ADHD or other issues.
Going to wait for LE to provide an update.

His mother would know this, and if she gives a presser to plead for his safe return she may include any information that would indicate Xavior may be even more vulnerable ... if he's run away or someone has him.
Or if he needs meds, which again we don't know.
As if being missing this long wasn't already an emergency !

My .02 at this time is that Xavior running away is low on the list of possibilities.
Mainly due to the time he's been gone.
But I almost wish he had and is safe somewhere but not wanting to come forward out of embarrassment ?
I wish I could tell him that none of this was his fault.
Imo.

Great post.
Esp. re. the cameras.

From the link I'd quoted, the neighbors in the trailer park knew Xavior lived alone with his mother and that there was possible friction.
Was there a predator keeping an eye on Xavior's living situation and offered to help ?
MOO

One week later, search continues for missing 11-year-old from Montezuma (bbm)

[...]

[SR] is the family friend who reported Xavior missing.

She says the boy’s mother is an amputee who has trouble putting on her prosthetic leg.

Her 11-year-old son acted as her caretaker.

[SR] says Xavior was very close with his mother.

“Things she can’t do he helps her with. You know and Xavior knows that, and he knows that he’s not just her son,” [SR] said “He’s her other leg.”

Neighbors say they would hear Xavior and his mother arguing usually once a week.

The Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office said Harrelson was last seen at around 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, May 27.

Xavior Harrelson was reported missing one week ago (in this video, another neighbor, [AC] speaks; transcribed by me)

AC: "There was shouting, yelling. You know, you could hear, like, they were outside for a minute, and then they were inside, and then it was– and then it went quiet."

Reporter: The next morning on Thursday, neighbors grew considered when they didn't see Xavior out playing and riding his bike like he typically does.

AC: "Our friend Sam had called the cops after about 12 hours of him missing. And his mom hasn't done anything. And I feel really bad about that, you know."

Xavior Harrelson still missing from Montezuma, one week later (bbm)

[...]

Detectives are considering several possibilities in the disappearance of Xavior Harrelson, including that he was abducted, that he suffered some kind of accident or that he ran away, Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation assistant director Mitch Mortvedt said.

[...]

The disappearance came during closing arguments of a murder trial of the farmhand charged with killing 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts, who vanished about 15 miles away in the same county in 2018 while out for a run in her hometown of Brooklyn.

Several Poweshiek County officers who were at the trial left before last week’s guilty verdict to go look for Xavior, Mortvedt said, and have since employed similar search techniques as they did in searching for Tibbetts. In that case, police used surveillance video to develop a suspect, who eventually showed investigators where to find Tibbetts’ body in a cornfield a month after her disappearance.

Xavior had recently completed the school year at the public school in Montezuma and was off for summer break.

[...]

Mortvedt said that Xavior’s family, including his mother and his father who lives in another Iowa city, have been cooperative. He said police do not have any suspects or persons of interest.

The argument between Xavior and his mother allegedly happened at around 8pm, which isn't that late. Is it possible he wasn't planning on running away, but went for a walk to cool off? Leaving for a walk could explain why he left his bikes at home. I read that a neighbor said he would go on walks, but wouldn't leave the trailer park, however, maybe something else happened during this walk. After all, he could've been vulnerable after an argument with his mother.

JMO

The argument between Xavior and his mother allegedly happened at around 8pm, which isn't that late. Is it possible he wasn't planning on running away, but went for a walk to cool off? Leaving for a walk could explain why he left his bikes at home. I read that a neighbor said he would go on walks, but wouldn't leave the trailer park, however, maybe something else happened during this walk. After all, he could've been vulnerable after an argument with his mother.

JMO
I'm thinking something like that.

jmo

JMO
LE have officially stated he was seen that next day, Thursday @ 11am, but are not revealing where or if he was seen with another person/s. If the sighting was near the mobile home park, it would appear he stayed there that night after the argument. If the sighting was further home, maybe he did leave at some point after the argument.

LE have officially stated he was seen that next day, Thursday @ 11am, but are not revealing where or if he was seen with another person/s. If the sighting was near the mobile home park, it would appear he stayed there that night after the argument. If the sighting was further home, maybe he did leave at some point after the argument.

Yes, he could've walked to the location where he was spotted on the 27th. It's also possible that someone picked him up that night, and he was spotted the next day at a nearby gas station / on surveillance, etc. It wouldn't be the first time. He could have willingly left with the person if they caught him at vulnerable time.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member