Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO, the articles I read sounded like she didn't see him the day he went missing. Idk about the night before.
The new media has also reported that Xavier would ask neighbors if he could spend the night and these shouting arguments were a more than once occurance.

Why was a child, whom teachers said would say he had to get home to look after his Mom, still gone after 12 hours? Why did a neighbor have to call in his disappearance?

IMO Yelling matches doesn’t equal an unloving home. My sister and I fought with our parents SO much growing up. It’s not because they didn’t love us. We struggled with our mental health and if you yell at someone long enough, they’re gonna yell back. My parents aren’t bad people or angry people. They had difficult children.

It's not the yelling itself that is a red flag. It's the fact it stopped abruptly and a child is missing. IMO, that is a scenario that happens in many missing person cases. Let me add that I do not have an opinion on who is responsible here. It could be a neighbor and the yelling is a coincidence.

Very little has been reported except he’s a tremendous help to his mothers care. It’s important to know has he only lived with the mom. Has child services been part of the family dynamics. At any time in Xavior’s life has he been in foster care.
I realize the outside appearance of someone’s mobile home does no mean the the home is unkept or dirty. It’s concerning on how he’s being treated by others. <modsnip> But otherwise nothing has been reported. So many questions. I believe LE is looking into everything in Xaviors life.

Last edited:
Do we know exactly what type of care he provided his mother? I know she's an amputee, but that in an of itself shouldn't result in her requiring much in the way of care. I work with levels of care in my job and a single amputee is not going to be considered to require much, if any, care unless there are other issues going on.

Do we know exactly what type of care he provided his mother? I know she's an amputee, but that in an of itself shouldn't result in her requiring much in the way of care. I work with levels of care in my job and a single amputee is not going to be considered to require much, if any, care unless there are other issues going on.
I think there were other issues. His teachers said he would always say he had to get home to help his mother. I took that to mean he didn't hang around in the school, playground or nearby woods sometimes like kids do before making their way home. He always went straight home to be with his Mom.

I dream of winning the lottery, quitting my job and dedicating my time and dollars to finding missing persons all over the country. I surely would be out there in Iowa searching for Xavior.
I share that dream as well. When Mickey Shunick went missing, my youngest daughter was 6y/o at the time. Her dad is friends with Mickey's father. She came to me one night and said "Mom, if I had one good horse, I could find her." Tim Miller and Philip Klein are my heroes. I hope to make that dream come true when I retire from nursing, even if I don't win the lottery:D

I think so. I haven't seen differently. I mean... The REPORT of it. Whether or not it actually happened may be a different story. The fact that there's no specific info about it is kind of telling, IMO.

The writing on the wall for this one seems super clear. I'm sure it is for LE too. I think they have a good idea of what happened based on some of the things they've said/done (calling off the search so soon, saying they don't think he's in the area, saying they searched all the places he could go by himself, not issuing any sort of alarm that there's a predator out there and people should be careful...). I think they're just collecting evidence at this point.

IMO
Ita.
Especially the bolded.
The fact that LE have publicly said they believe Xavior is no longer in the area, but no bolo's for a random predator is telling.
It could be that all they're missing is Xavior himself.
Imo.

I share that dream as well. When Mickey Shunick went missing, my youngest daughter was 6y/o at the time. Her dad is friends with Mickey's father. She came to me one night and said "Mom, if I had one good horse, I could find her." Tim Miller and Philip Klein are my heroes. I hope to make that dream come true when I retire from nursing, even if I don't win the lottery:D
I wonder if Equusearch has been contacted ?

Ita.
Especially the bolded.
The fact that LE have publicly said they believe Xavior is no longer in the area, but no bolo's for a random predator is telling.
It could be that all they're missing is Xavior himself.
Imo.

In my opinion, it wouldn't need to be a random predator for this to still be a predatory situation....if by random, it's implied that Xavior was just snatched by someone who barely knew him from around the neighborhood or was a complete stranger. What's much more common than those two scenarios is when someone known (sometimes very well-known) to the family is involved. If LE are thinking that there's another, non-family, individual involved in this situation, either as a sole actor or a helper to a crime, they likely are not going to issue any warnings to the community while they investigate. MOO only.

I think some families communicate in louder harsher tones than others. So if this was their usual way it may not be anything out of the norm.

It is something to note since an argument was reported, although second hand before he went missing.

In the same way people have different boundaries or levels of comfort with those outside their family. My kids will never just ask an adult to spend the night at their house . But I have met many kids who do this.

This level of comfort in spending time with others is something I worry about with Xavior. Just being friendly and trusting with people that lack of stranger danger I could see putting him in a unsuspecting position.

Xavior varnished. It could only be of his own volition, or at the hands of another.

I suspect the latter.

Chances of a positive outcome are slim.

Admitted novice here, but limited experience leads me to believe a cover up for a tragic event has, or continues, to unfold.

I'm not certain of the players, but I'm confident I know the name of the victim.

I think it's not so big out there because we don't have a crying mother or father, siblings, aunts and uncles putting themselves out there to keep his name in the news and work hard at finding him.

I think LE knows what they are dealing with and are diligently working in the background. They have asked for specific things, i.e., video evidence. That's all they are really asking for at this point.

This is one of the quietest missing child cases I've followed in a while and it's very sad.

MOO

Bottom lines for me:

Fight happened
Mom didn't report him missing
Bikes are home
Missed birthday
Others are way more invested in finding him--meaning neighbors etc.

This is not a boy that is hiding or staying somewhere.

Something bad has happened.

I think it's not so big out there because we don't have a crying mother or father, siblings, aunts and uncles putting themselves out there to keep his name in the news and work hard at finding him.

I think LE knows what they are dealing with and are diligently working in the background. They have asked for specific things, i.e., video evidence. That's all they are really asking for at this point.

This is one of the quietest missing child cases I've followed in a while and it's very sad.

MOO
bbm
Bingo.

Bottom lines for me:

Fight happened
Mom didn't report him missing
Bikes are home
Missed birthday
Others are way more invested in finding him--meaning neighbors etc.

This is not a boy that is hiding or staying somewhere.

Something bad has happened.
Ita.
Not a peep, and not just from Xavior's mother but there are other family members and not one press conference with LE, begging for help and answers.
I'd call it 'strange' , but that's not quite the word I'm thinking of.
"Ominous" is more like it.

What happened to you, Xavior ???? :(
Imo.

Last edited:
I wish we knew the nature of the argument from the night before Xavior went missing - was it different from previous arguments neighbors have reported they heard on a weekly basis.

From all accounts, it doesn't appear Xavior ever left the mobile home park before, after an argument, he always stayed closed. He would ask to stay at neighbors homes, based on interviews, to escape the arguing or remove himself from the confrontation...but nothing drastic like running away.

Granted, his disappearance may not be linked to this particular argument, but it just seems to much of a coincidence IMO. Was this argument the final straw...whether physical in nature or Xavior seeking help from someone who may or may have not had the best intentions.

A reward fund has been set up in the investigation to find Xavior Harrelson, the 11-year-old from Montezuma who hasn’t been seen since May 27.

People can donate to the reward through the Xavior Harrelson Fund at Montezuma State Bank, through cash, check, or wire.

E3ZZdRuWEAc0Xym.jpg E3ZZdRvXIAwKO4w.jpg

https://twitter.com/MaryGreenNews/status/1402406704101330948

A reward will soon be offered for information that leads to the discovery of the whereabouts of Xavior Harrelson, the 11-year-old boy who has been missing since late May.

The Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that a fund for the reward had been established. More details about the reward amount and other information are expected to be released on Wednesday, June 9.

Reward fund established in Xavior Harrelson case (bbm)

11-year-old boy still MISSING weeks after vanishing while riding on bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members