Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t read that in MSM and I think the police would have said if he was seen later that day and where.

Neighbors recall night before Xavior Harrelson's disappearance

By the morning of May 27, no one from the trailer park reported seeing Xavior.
Officially, law enforcement says the boy was in fact seen May 27, although no details have been provided about who saw him.

Some of the first calls Xavior's mom made to friends acknowledged that she didn't see him Thursday morning, according to the accounts of those friends.

Samantha Rix was one of those friends who received a call from Xavior's mom Thursday afternoon, reporting that her son was gone.

And it is interesting that he was reported missing at 4 pm. Because if an 11 yr old goes out to play at 11 am, and doesn't return by 4, is that enough time to be worried enough to call in the police?

I'd probably think he was just playing around and lost track of time. Especially if he didnt have a phone, so you couldn't call to check in...I would be worried, but I also read that he frequently was out and about riding bikes....so was it the fact his bikes were still home that triggered the neighbour to call?

EDIT---OK, just read that mom apparently told some neighbours that she hadn't seen him that morning--and that makes more sense to me, about why they called by 4..the neighbours would know he wasn't seen by any of them, playing with his usual friends

Last edited:
$15,000 reward offered for information that leads to Xavior Harrelson | SiouxlandProud | Sioux City, IA | News, Weather, and Sports (bbm)

The Poweshiek County sheriff announced Wednesday that roughly $15,000 and counting has been pledged as a reward for information that helps investigators find out what happened to a missing Iowa boy.

[...]

The office said in a press release that Xavior was last seen “on or about May 27” in Montezuma, a small town where he lived in a trailer with his mother. [...]

Police have not said who last saw Xavior, who had recently completed fourth grade at a local public school. One of his neighbors, a mother of one of Xavior’s friends, was the first to report him missing.

Police offer reward for information on missing Iowa boy | wqad.com (bbm)

[...]

So far, a sheriff says $15,000 has been pledged to the fund from local businesses and citizens who are concerned about the disappearance of Xavior. The sheriff’s office says the money would be paid out for “information which leads to resolution of this case.”

196514850_2381564095320434_5370752105198257161_n.jpg

$15,000 reward offered for information that leads to Xavior Harrelson | SiouxlandProud | Sioux City, IA | News, Weather, and Sports (bbm)

The Poweshiek County sheriff announced Wednesday that roughly $15,000 and counting has been pledged as a reward for information that helps investigators find out what happened to a missing Iowa boy.

[...]

The office said in a press release that Xavior was last seen “on or about May 27” in Montezuma, a small town where he lived in a trailer with his mother. [...]

Police have not said who last saw Xavior, who had recently completed fourth grade at a local public school. One of his neighbors, a mother of one of Xavior’s friends, was the first to report him missing.

Police offer reward for information on missing Iowa boy | wqad.com (bbm)

[...]

So far, a sheriff says $15,000 has been pledged to the fund from local businesses and citizens who are concerned about the disappearance of Xavior. The sheriff’s office says the money would be paid out for “information which leads to resolution of this case.”

View attachment 300113
Wait....he just finished 4th grade? My 9 yr old great-nephew just finished 4th grade...interesting ....so he was one of the oldest in his class.

Neighbors recall night before Xavior Harrelson's disappearance

By the morning of May 27, no one from the trailer park reported seeing Xavior.
Officially, law enforcement says the boy was in fact seen May 27, although no details have been provided about who saw him.

Some of the first calls Xavior's mom made to friends acknowledged that she didn't see him Thursday morning, according to the accounts of those friends.

Samantha Rix was one of those friends who received a call from Xavior's mom Thursday afternoon, reporting that her son was gone.
Hey, thanks for this! So police either haven’t verified it or they don’t see a need for the public to know what they know. I hope that’s a good sign.

I think some families communicate in louder harsher tones than others. So if this was their usual way it may not be anything out of the norm.

It is something to note since an argument was reported, although second hand before he went missing.

In the same way people have different boundaries or levels of comfort with those outside their family. My kids will never just ask an adult to spend the night at their house . But I have met many kids who do this.

This level of comfort in spending time with others is something I worry about with Xavior. Just being friendly and trusting with people that lack of stranger danger I could see putting him in a unsuspecting position.
Two neighbors heard first hand the "heated" argument. The man who lives right next door, whose daughter was Xavier's every day play friend, called it a "heated argument" between the mother and Xavier. He said it lasted 20 mins and occurred at 8pm Wednesday night. A woman neighbor who also heard the arguing move briefly outside, then inside, then quickly stop.

Friends describe relationship between Xavior Harrelson and his mother as search for missing boy continues

woman on video

Xavior Harrelson was reported missing one week ago

Hi guys!

I've been quietly following Xavior's case. It brings to mind two cases; Jenise W who was known to roam the trailer court where she lived at all hours. Parents were suspected until a neighbor boy was caught. And of course Gannon Stauch who was reported as a runaway. As we all know, his stepmother is awaiting trial for his murder.

So what's the current thinking from y'all? I keep vacillating. His mother's dependency on him is concerning, as are the frequent loud arguments that neighbors report. That the neighbor reported Wednesday's argument as having ceased abruptly along with the possibility that Xavior's mom told someone she didn't see him at all on Thursday yet apparently reported to LE that she saw him at 11 am (per post #1) raises a red flag.

Still, I've been on WS long enough to know that just when you believe you've pieced it together the case can take an odd twist. RSOs or kidnapping I guess are still on the table. Any reports of custody issues? Any msm from Xavior's father?

Poor little guy, I hope he's somewhere warm and safe but the odds say something horrible has happened. :(

Hi guys!

I've been quietly following Xavior's case. It brings to mind two cases; Jenise W who was known to roam the trailer court where she lived at all hours. Parents were suspected until a neighbor boy was caught. And of course Gannon Stauch who was reported as a runaway. As we all know, his stepmother is awaiting trial for his murder.

So what's the current thinking from y'all? I keep vacillating. His mother's dependency on him is concerning, as are the frequent loud arguments that neighbors report. That the neighbor reported Wednesday's argument as having ceased abruptly along with the possibility that Xavior's mom told someone she didn't see him at all on Thursday yet apparently reported to LE that she saw him at 11 am (per post #1) raises a red flag.

Still, I've been on WS long enough to know that just when you believe you've pieced it together the case can take an odd twist. RSOs or kidnapping I guess are still on the table. Any reports of custody issues? Any msm from Xavior's father?

Poor little guy, I hope he's somewhere warm and safe but the odds say something horrible has happened. :(
There are several possibilities that we have discussed here:

1= he left the home angry that night and;
a] he went to a friend's place and is hiding out
b] he went to a friend's and they were not friendly, at all...
c] he was abducted
d] he met with a. tragic accident
e] self harm

2= he left the next morning to go play and;
a, b, c, d or e

3= he never left home

what did I forget?

There are several possibilities that we have discussed here:

1= he left the home angry that night and;
a] he went to a friend's place and is hiding out
b] he went to a friend's and they were not friendly, at all...
c] he was abducted
d] he met with a. tragic accident
e] self harm

2= he left the next morning to go play and;
a, b, c, d or e

3= he never left home

what did I forget?
I am leaning towards 1b, c---2b,c ---or 3....

Hi guys!

I swing from one theory to another but my current thought is that he might have run off after the argument to find someone else he knows who was nearby. What happened after that would have to be something bad. I wonder if some of the sightings and timings might be vague because he wasn’t being actively supervised or adults around him might have been under the influence.

I’m not sold on any of the timings and I think it’s very possible that more than one person probably knows what happened. I definitely think he has come to harm. I hope I’m wrong.

I wasn’t surprised to see the switch to last being seen “on or about the 27th May” - it never felt like LE were particularly certain about any of the details.

Last edited:
Thanks @katydid23 and @Beans - it expands the possibilities. I tend to immediately gravitate to the most common scenario - domestic violence - so it's helpful to have other options. Especially since LE hasn't implicated anyone in Xavior's disappearance.

Police have not said who last saw Xavior, who had recently completed fourth grade at a local public school. One of his neighbors, a mother of one of Xavior's friends, was the first to report him missing.

The reward fund has been created at Montezuma State Bank. The sheriff's office said the money would be paid out for "information which leads to resolution of this case."​
Sheriff announces reward for info on missing Iowa boy Xavior Harrelson

There’s also perhaps a chance that they do have some sort of potential sighting at 11am but need to shore it up with further evidence to support where he came from/where he was going to/who was he with. If that hasn’t come yet, they’re maybe moving to a more open date sighting request just to get anything they can. I don’t know. I’m really grabbing at straws with this one.

I think LE know what happened though. Getting the evidence to support it is a different kettle of fish, of course.

I haven't seen anything in msm about Xavior's mom or dad making a public plea for his return, either directly to him to come home or to anyone who may be harboring him, etc. I know that doesn't mean anything in particular but I kind of expected to hear something from them by now, even a concern for his well-being.

Who knows, if someone has taken Xavior then a plea from his parents could very well cause them to let him go. Heck, it's worth a try anyway. MOO.

I try very hard not to judge people in situations I've never been in, because you just don't know how you'd react. That said, however, if one of my kids was missing I don't think you could keep me away from a news camera. I'd be all over the place begging for help to get them back.

ETA: You would think they would at least elect a member of the family as s spokesperson. An aunt, uncle, grandparent, someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove