Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My kids that are returning to the same school keep them. The only kids who return them are 5th graders, 8th graders and seniors.

My kids are going back to the same school and they had to turn them in. It actually sounded at one point like they were going to get to keep them for the summer, but then at the end of the year they asked for them back. Definitely depends on the school district.

Could he have landed some distance off the road after being hit by a car? I don’t know this area at all. I know there are reports he didn’t leave the confines of the park, but maybe he was feeling confident this day? (end of school year, moving up a grade).

My kids that are returning to the same school keep them. The only kids who return them are 5th graders, 8th graders and seniors.

I homeschool but my kids are friends w kids in a few different districts. It seems like the schools in low-income areas are allowing kids to keep the devices over the summer (excluding 5th/8th/seniors). The reasoning is that kids in high-income areas already have access to computers & internet. I’m sure the practice varies wildly not just by state but by district. And my guess is that anyone enrolled in a summer program would keep their devices, too.

I have been following this case and I don't lean toward the mom doing something, she needed him to help with her prothesis.. he was her other leg as I read somewhere on here. LE is looking for more footage from cameras, so at least right now they want to see every vehicle that went into and out of that trailer park. I think whatever happened to him happened at that trailer park, and he is either being held somewhere there, or possibly worse. I hope and pray that they find him soon. JMO

Idk how, as a parent, someone can say to you “there is x problem involving your child. We need to call the cops now”

then be like “nah, I’m good”

this isn’t to be victim blamey but I’m genuinely curious. I’m not a parent, but i feel like if someone told me I should call the cops about any incident of my theoretical child potentially being in harms way I couldn’t brush that off.

I've been on WS for about 20 years. I've seen a lot of horrific cases. And even though we have little to no info on Xavior, this case is really, really bothering me a lot.

Praying you are safe Xavior.

I have been following this case and I don't lean toward the mom doing something, she needed him to help with her prothesis.. he was her other leg as I read somewhere on here. LE is looking for more footage from cameras, so at least right now they want to see every vehicle that went into and out of that trailer park. I think whatever happened to him happened at that trailer park, and he is either being held somewhere there, or possibly worse. I hope and pray that they find him soon. JMO

I doubt he is being held at the trailer park. I watched a news video from 6/3 where a neighbor said his trailer and van were searched by investigators and so was everyone else’s property. He seemed to be impressed/satisfied by how thorough the search was. Not to mention they’ve had dogs in to search as well.

A killer can murder a child, go on tv for an interview, flat out lie about it, fabricate stories, claim to love the child he/she has just murdered, blame others, put down folks who suspect his/her guilt, and prance all over Facebook and social media in his/her defense.

Ask Tee.

I don't know what happened to this boy, but if I were a betting man, I'd put money on the probability that he's not alive.

Stranger abduction? Maybe
Runaway? Maybe

If I were LE I'd be looking right in that trailer park with a fine tooth comb.

Who was last seen with him?

A killer can murder a child, go on tv for an interview, flat out lie about it, fabricate stories, claim to love the child he/she has just murdered, blame others, put down folks who suspect his/her guilt, and prance all over Facebook and social media in his/her defense.

Ask Tee.

I don't know what happened to this boy, but if I were a betting man, I'd put money on the probability that he's not alive.

Stranger abduction? Maybe
Runaway? Maybe

If I were LE I'd be looking right in that trailer park with a fine tooth comb.

Who was last seen with him?
We just watched little Samuel's killer go on tv and tell a total web of lies, with no problem.

I wish we would hear more about the alleged 11 am sighting. Who reported that? Where was he?

I am surprised they have not clarified that for the public. Maybe LE is not that certain about it either?

Are there any searches happening? I haven't seen any mentioned or advertised.

We just watched little Samuel's killer go on tv and tell a total web of lies, with no problem.

I wish we would hear more about the alleged 11 am sighting. Who reported that? Where was he?

I am surprised they have not clarified that for the public. Maybe LE is not that certain about it either?

Exactly with Samuel's killer and so many others. :(

From some comments made by LE in various newscasts, I get the impression that they aren't buying into the 11 am sighting. The last press release said: "that Xavior was last seen "on or about May 27" in Montezuma" Sheriff announces reward for info on missing Iowa boy Xavior Harrelson

Praying for this young soul, Xavior Harrelson! May he be found safe and reunited with his family who misses him so much! Same age as my grandson, can’t imagine the pain the family is going thru or the fear this dear child may be enduring! Please find a way to get him home safe....!

ADMIN NOTE:

Post with screenshot of a search warrant has been removed. Screenshots from social media are not allowed and a review of media on that Finding Xavior Harrelson page does not bring up the image.

OP and all responses to it have been removed.

Searches have been called off for now; according to articles from last week, investigators are shifting focus toward sifting through all the surveillance footage they've collected to find leads there. I don't actively follow a lot of missing kid cases so I'm not sure if this is actually common, but seeing how quickly they pulled back on searching was one of the things that really stood out to me when this case first got on my radar. And it is certainly baffling/concerning to many posters on social media - though to be fair, it's not unlikely that we are all so desperate for news about this poor child that our expectations are blown out of proportion.

Here is a bit from a (Tuesday) June 1st article titled "Authorities Re-evaluating Search for Missing 11yo" with the assistant director of the Iowa DCI explanning the rationale:
On Saturday authorities searched within a half-mile radius of the boy’s residence, including parts of Diamond Lake County Park, Mortvedt said.

On Sunday, after a plea to the public for volunteers, roughly 500 people — 375 volunteers and 125 law enforcement officers and first responders — searched within a mile radius, but turned up nothing.

“We covered a lot of ground over the weekend,” Mortvedt said. “Having so many volunteers was a big help. We were able to cover a larger area much quicker. As far as the more rural areas, we were able to cover a lot of those with planes and drones over the last few days, as well as with people, ATVs and search and rescue crews on the ground. Unfortunately, you know, we weren’t able to locate Xavior and we didn’t find anything of evidentiary value.”
[snip]
“Right now, all we can do is keep looking, keep examining leads and keep following up on any information that we get,” Mortvedt said. “I feel confident that we have thoroughly searched all the areas where he was likely to go or be found, so now it’s time to move on to other parts of the investigation — re-examining leads, developing new information and identifying areas outside of those we’ve already searched.”

Authorities re-evaluating search for missing 11-year-old from Montezuma
To my knowledge the Sunday search was the last official one, though I may be wrong. I also thought this quote from a local LEO who is not working the case but following it was relevant. This is from an article about the status of the case as of today.
As the investigation proceeds, Thompson said it is not uncommon for investigators to reach a point where it may look like they are pulling back — visible physical activities, like foot searches, become less frequent and the public’s help is not as needed as it was.

“That’s a normal part of the process,” he said. “And it can be frustrating to the public because they want to help, they want to be involved and they want to know what’s going on. But there comes a time in the investigation where you have to pull back and reexamine what you know so far and re-evaluate what steps should come next, and that’s something the public can’t help with.”
2 weeks later, there’s still no sign of Xavior Harrelson

Searches have been called off for now; according to articles from last week, investigators are shifting focus toward sifting through all the surveillance footage they've collected to find leads there. I don't actively follow a lot of missing kid cases so I'm not sure if this is actually common, but seeing how quickly they pulled back on searching was one of the things that really stood out to me when this case first got on my radar. And it is certainly baffling/concerning to many posters on social media - though to be fair, it's not unlikely that we are all so desperate for news about this poor child that our expectations are blown out of proportion.

Here is a bit from a (Tuesday) June 1st article titled "Authorities Re-evaluating Search for Missing 11yo" with the assistant director of the Iowa DCI explanning the rationale:

To my knowledge the Sunday search was the last official one, though I may be wrong. I also thought this quote from a local LEO who is not working the case but following it was relevant. This is from an article about the status of the case as of today.
This case is near where Mollie Tibbets went missing and the police were able to nab the perp by looking through videos. If this LE force says they are concentrating on videos, I have confidence in them.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member